[COMPLETE] The Tempest by William Shakespeare - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote: December 28th, 2018, 3:47 am here is my final part, Juno. I tried to copy your tune, Tomas, but I gave her more of an alto-tone. Juno always strikes me as the more matronly, so it's fitting she should have a deeper voice than Ceres.

I did not quite manage to make the same reverb, but hopefully it's fitting. If not, I still have my unedited file, you could give me your reverb-numbers and I do the exact same.
This sounds pretty close to my reverb, so no need to change it. Otherwise a great rendition of this small part. I like that you deepened your voice to distinguish from Ariel. And thank you for singing a similar tune; I think it will work very well. :9: All PL OK!

I guess you're all done, Sonia. :clap: Just PL work and editing left. Now I need to begin recording one of my main characters...
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: December 29th, 2018, 6:35 am Hopefully all corrected. Sorry about the extra work.
thank you, Craig, all PL ok now and the dramatis personae are assembled, ready for PL by someone else :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/tempest_0_shakespeare_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:11 min.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Yup, all roles are accounted for and in the proper order. Thank you, Sonia! :) PL OK!
Tomas Peter
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

The first Prospero scene is ready for PL. The longest scene in the play and he is in it throughout. It clocks in at 21:54.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/tempest_prospero_1_2.mp3

Brad
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: December 30th, 2018, 7:39 pm The first Prospero scene is ready for PL. The longest scene in the play and he is in it throughout. It clocks in at 21:54.
:shock: woah ! one of your scenes is longer than all my roles together :? What a feat ! Well done, Brad, Prospero sounds regal and competent, but he has a softer side too. Excellently characterized. And almost word-perfect.

I have two small notes to make though:

> at 14:35: repeat: "Go take this shape, And hither come in’t" - is there one version you prefer, then you can cut the other one out

> at 20:13: "and husks wherein the acorn cradled." - you say "within", may be optional :hmm:

Thanks and I Happy New Year to the whole troupe !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and a great performance here as well, Craig :clap: you guys were really busy yesterday. I loved the mariner's screams. This will sound perfectly later on assembled into a mayhem chorus 8-)

Alonso has all the composure of a king, although quite despairing when his son's life is at stake. A tragic figure. Well characterized there as well. :thumbs:

Mariner and Scenes 1.1. and 2.1. are already PL ok.

> Act 3.3. is in Stereo for some reason, all the other files were ok in Mono. Could you just re-export in Mono please ?

two small things to correct in Act 5:

> at 2:08: stumble and repeat: "Is she the goddess that hath sever’d us," - "goddess" can be cut once and you said "served" instead of "severed", which is a change of meaning in this case

thanks !

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Prospero scenes. 2_1 is corrected. 3_1, 3_3, and 4_1 are read. I only have 5_1 to go.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/tempest_prospero_1_2.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/tempest_prospero_3_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/tempest_prospero_3_3.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/tempest_prospero_4_1.mp3

This is probably going to sound like a very silly concern. 4_1 contains the most famous passage I have had to read so far in these Shakespeare projects. I am actually worried that I overacted it if that's even possible. :oops: Let me know how "our revels now are ended" to "We are such stuff as dreams are made on, etc." sounds, please. It begins at 3:48.

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Brad !!! you were prolific. Sorry I was absent for two days and had a bit of a backlog in PL jobs. Slowly working it off and need a break for tonight. I will check these tomorrow, promised

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 2:12 pmThis is probably going to sound like a very silly concern. 4_1 contains the most famous passage I have had to read so far in these Shakespeare projects. I am actually worried that I overacted it if that's even possible. :oops: Let me know how "our revels now are ended" to "We are such stuff as dreams are made on, etc." sounds, please. It begins at 3:48.
no overacting as far as I'm concernced. :thumbs: I think it quite fitting that Prospero would say these lines with pathos and emotion. Absolutely well done, all of the scenes. I can mark everything PL ok so far. That leaves you one final long scene.

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

My final scene may have to wait a few days. I seem to be coming down with a cold and it's already affecting my voice a little.

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: January 6th, 2019, 4:03 am My final scene may have to wait a few days. I seem to be coming down with a cold and it's already affecting my voice a little.
aww, take care of that first. There is no hurry. :)

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »