COMPLETE[stories] A bunch of keys, where they were found and what they might have unlocked -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Save your time. This is the wrong recording. I will try and find the correct one. This shows I shouldn't try to upload two different recordings at the same time. I hope I havn't lost this one in the ether.\

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

I can't figure out what happened on my end, but it is a mess. :roll: I am working on two projects right now, this one and a solo book, Catriona by RLS. Anyway, somehow yesterday I got everything messed up when I was trying to upload two sections, one to each spot. What the result is that every link on this forum to my section 5, comes up with the recording of chapter 4 of Catriona that I sent in at the same time, but to a different BC. I do have the 'unfixed' copy of the 'Keys', but I will have to go through the whole thing again to fix the errors, unless you have someway of posting the recording that I sent, and only needed the 'stereo-mono' thing fixed on. If not, I will go through the 'rough-draft' of it I have and fix it all over again.
:(

"What you don't carry in you head, you have to carry in your heels." ~~ Nora Dodge (my mother-in-law)

Wayne
Wayne
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi wayne, nothing to worry about. Files you have uploaded to our servers usually stay there (until cataloging) even though they were replaced by a new file with the same name. Ill paste the links to the files we have. You can find the file you need, download it and then in audacity, click file > open... to continue editing.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_05_various_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_05_various_128kb2019_02_08_07_00_50.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_05_various_128kb2019_02_24_04_17_48.mp3 <- I think you want this one?
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_05_various_128kb2019_02_24_21_50_37.mp3

Let us know if that worked. Thank you!
Carolin
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Thank you Carolin for all the work. Actually, the last one is the one I want, and all of the corrections had been made, so Stefan can PL the corrections and see if they are done correctly.

So, this is the one I thought I had hopelessly lost:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_05_various_128kb2019_02_24_21_50_37.mp3

Thanks again,

Wayne
Wayne
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you :)
Carolin
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Kalamareader wrote: February 25th, 2019, 6:45 pm So, this is the one I thought I had hopelessly lost:

After giving a thorough listen, All narration corrections have been made with this recording. All that is left is to convert the channel mode into a mono recording channel and then upload with the proper file name.

Thank you.
~ Stefan V.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you stefan :thumbs:
Carolin
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Ah, there is the rub (to quote someone famous). In and amongst all the toings and froings I did with the mess-up I did with these two files, the original of the one the Carolin found, which was the corrected one, was lost. I don't have a copy of the corrected one. Is there anything I can do to take the one I submitted, and fix the mono/stereo problem?

I can listen to if fine, but can't copy it to work with it. Any ideas, or do I have to go back through it and re-fix the errors Stefan found, and I corrected once.

Sorry,

Wayne
Wayne
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

open audacity, and click file > open...
that lets you open and edit any mp3 file.

thanks!
Carolin
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Yes, I understand that. What I was trying to do is to 'access' the file I downloaded as I don't have a corrected one on my computer. So, my question was, is the corrected one accessible in anyway? Yes, I can go back and do again the work I have already done, but being the lazy guy I am :oops: , I was hoping I wouldn't have to do it again, even though the whole problem was of my own creating.

Wayne
Wayne
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

I am not sure i understand what you mean. I linked the files we have. if you have made edits that you didnt upload we dont have the file, and you have to do it again. If it is only changing from stereo to mono, thats litterally three clicks though.
Carolin
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

OK, now I know the question to ask. Since one of the links you so kindly provided for me is the corrected one, how, exactly, do I access it through Audacity? That is what I don't know how do. Please teach me so if I mess up like this again (heaven forbid ), I will know how to fix it myself.

Thanks, again for your patience,

Wayne
Wayne
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi wayne. This is easy.

Download the file to your computer.
Open audacity
Click on file > open...
(Thats in audacity the tab in the top left corner.)
The mp3 file will open and can be edited.

When you are done, save with the correct file name and reupload.

Thank you!
Carolin
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Well, after all that hassle, here is the section 5. I finally got the file into audacity, downloaded it again, made sure it was in the 'mono' mode and the corrections are in, so.....

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/abunchofkeys_05_various_128kb.mp3

Time: 39:47

Thanks for your help and your patience (it seems like I say that a lot :oops: )

Wayne
Wayne
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin