[Complete] Rhyme? And Reason? by Lewis Carroll - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

MichaelMaggs wrote: November 12th, 2019, 5:39 am Hi Foon and Lynnet,

I've uploaded the final recordings, so that should I think be everything from my end, subject to any PL errors you may find.

I wanted to keep the Preface to the Hunting of the Snark separate from the poem itself, so I added a new section in the middle. As the MW explains, the section numbers have been automatically updated, but it seems that the recording URLs aren't amended to follow the new numbering. To avoid having two URLs called https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/rhymeandreason_13_carroll_128kb.mp3, I've uploaded the Snark poem under the name https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/rhymeandreason_12a_carroll_128kb.mp3 hoping that that will sort correctly in the background for Lynnet. But if I should have done something else, do let me know!

I'm having a think about another book now.
That numbering would mess things up at cataloguing, but don’t worry... as you’ve told me what you did, I can work around it.
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

That numbering would mess things up at cataloguing
Many thanks. Is there anything I could have done that would not have done that? Or is it always a problem to add a section in the middle? Don't want to cause more work than I need to :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

MichaelMaggs wrote: November 12th, 2019, 9:29 am
That numbering would mess things up at cataloguing
Many thanks. Is there anything I could have done that would not have done that? Or is it always a problem to add a section in the middle? Don't want to cause more work than I need to :)
It’s always an issue... later sections have to be renumbered.
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Just dropping back to check on developments, and I see that Foon unfortunately hasn't been able to log in to do any PLing over the last month. I don't know if anyone else might be able to pick up the last few sections for me? Or should we wait for a bit?

Don't want to sound too impatient, but the recording is finished and it would be nice to see my first solo effort in the catalogue :D
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Lynnet wrote: November 12th, 2019, 10:05 am
MichaelMaggs wrote: November 15th, 2019, 12:13 pm Just dropping back to check on developments, and I see that Foon unfortunately hasn't been able to log in to do any PLing over the last month. I don't know if anyone else might be able to pick up the last few sections for me? Or should we wait for a bit?

Don't want to sound too impatient, but the recording is finished and it would be nice to see my first solo effort in the catalogue :D
I'll be happy to help, but I do not want to step on any toes. Lynnet, if you'd like to wait for Foon---who is wonderful---just say so.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Foon was last on the forum October 23. That’s not quite 3 weeks, which, in the grand scheme of things, isn’t long. But I think I’d be impatient, too. It’s ultimately up to the reader how long to wait, but a PM saying what you are doing would be a good idea, for courtesy’s sake.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm more interested in working on Michael's new project anyway! (Hahah!) I say wait at least a week. (As if I had an opinion that mattered in this business. Haha!)
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Thanks both. I’ll wait a while.
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Unfortunately my DPL hasn't been able to review my recordings here since 11 October. She evidently has things going on in RL, and can't reply to DMs. If someone could take over, that would be much appreciated. Do I need to advertise in Listeners & Editors Wanted? Or somewhere else? :help:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

MichaelMaggs wrote: December 20th, 2019, 9:50 am Unfortunately my DPL hasn't been able to review my recordings here since 11 October. She evidently has things going on in RL, and can't reply to DMs. If someone could take over, that would be much appreciated. Do I need to advertise in Listeners & Editors Wanted? Or somewhere else? :help:
Yes, that's the best place.
linny

Post by linny »

I can finish the PLing for Foon.
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Thanks very much linny.
linny

Post by linny »

MichaelMaggs wrote: October 11th, 2019, 4:31 am In The Three Voices, section 8 [not 13, as mentioned below], I've toned down the variability in volume, and I've also I've made the requested correction at 13:04:

I hear “the sang(?) she said”, text reads “the words she said”

The other points are to do with my deliberate reading choices and I'd prefer to leave them if that's OK.
Section 8 is spot check PL OK!
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Wow, that was quick! Thanks!
linny

Post by linny »

I should be finished here in about an hour.