COMPLETE: Darby Bible: Ephesians by John Nelson Darby -choc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Hultstrand

Post by Hultstrand »

Bible (Darby) NT 10: Ephesians by Darby Bible ( - 0). Translated by John Nelson Darby (1800 - 1882)

This project is complete! All audio files are available on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/bible-dby-nt-10-ephesians-by-darby-bible/

The Darby Bible consists of a translation of the New Testament by John Nelson Darby, originally published in 1867, and a translation of the Old Testament, included in later editions of the text, completed by Darby's students after his death. The text for this recording comes from the second edition of the Darby Bible. ( Aaron Hultstrand)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/stream/DarbysWritingsNewTranslationNewTestamentSynopsisBooksBibleMulti/00.2.NewTranslNT.GospActsEpistBkRev.DarbyJN.CritNotes.Index.2ndrev.Lon.GMor.1867.#page/n319/mode/2up
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): wordperfect

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of the book of Ephesians. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The book of Ephesians, from the Darby Bible. Translated by John Nelson Darby [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of the book of Ephesians. Translated by John Nelson Darby. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of the book of Ephesians, from the Darby Bible. Translated by John Nelson Darby"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename ephesians_##_darby_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. ephesians_01_darby_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: chocoholic
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Aaron Hultstrand

"What for?...to that question a simple answer was now always ready in his soul: because there is a God." ~War and Peace
Hultstrand

Post by Hultstrand »

Hi! Once again, I do have all the files already recorded as this is a project I worked on a couple of years ago. Therefore, as soon as someone is able to proof listen, I have all the files ready and can upload them in one big bunch and then fix what needs fixing.
I am looking for a word perfect proof listen with this. Thank you!!
Aaron Hultstrand

"What for?...to that question a simple answer was now always ready in his soul: because there is a God." ~War and Peace
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Hi, Aaron, I'll set this up for you. Back shortly --

edit: OK, all set! I'll move this from the Launch Pad in a day or so. If a prooflistener hasn't volunteered by then, either you or I can post an ad in Listeners Wanted.
Laurie Anne
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Aaron-

May I DPL this for you? I understand you would like it to be word perfect.
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope
Hultstrand

Post by Hultstrand »

Thank you both!
That would be awesome if you could DPL it! It would be nice if you could word perfect it, since it is a religious text I guess :)

I will put the files up right now, and as you listen to it, make sure you are reading from the text on Gutenberg that has a yellowish background. It should be the one that pops up when you click the link above. There is another scan that has a white background but it is really hard to read and is also a different edition with slightly different wording. So be sure to use the yellowish one :)
Aaron Hultstrand

pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Hi Aaron -

I printed off the pages for Ephesians from the link you provided, a scan with yellowed pages. I can start listening as soon as the links are posted, but still will need to be linked in by the MC.

Be sure to post a note in this thread when you post links in the MW so I know they have been entered.
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

You've been busy. :wink: I will listen ASAP.
Fritz

Trollope
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Entered pschempf as DPL (thanks for volunteering!) and moved thread to Solos. Let me know if you need anything else!
Laurie Anne
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Hi Aaron -

Chapter 1.

0:28 "Chapter 1" omitted from the end of the Intro
"The book of Ephesians, from the Darby Bible. Translated by John Nelson Darby [Chapter]"

My only quibble with words was here and I think it is more diction that the wrong word-

1:43 "having made known to us" - hearing "having made knowing to us"
Change it if you'd like, but it's okay as it is.

I'm hearing thumps like your breath is hitting the mic (plosives) or possibly tapping your hand on the surface next to the mic. I don't think these need to be corrected, but check and see if the mic can be placed to the side so your breath isn't hitting it directly. The loudest was at 1:56. Other examples at 1:48, 2:17, 2:37, 2:40, 2:44-45, 3:31 and 3:49.

You have a fine speaking voice - a pleasure to listen. Please make the correction to the Intro. I'll leave the other to your discretion. Re-submit the file with the same file name and note any change in time.
Fritz

Trollope
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Chapter 2 - PL okay! :thumbs:

A few plosives in this file, but fewer and less noticeable than chapter 1.
Fritz

Trollope
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Chapter 3 - PL okay.
Fritz

Trollope
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Another good recording - Chapter 4 - PL okay.
Fritz

Trollope
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Chapter 5 - PL okay.

Interesting to watch the waveform go by in Audacity. Some plosives are really visible, like the one at 1:03.9.
Fritz

Trollope
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Chapter 6 - PL okay. As close as I can tell you didn't miss a word in 6 chapters. :clap:

The one fix for the intro to chapter 1 and we'll be ready for cataloguing.
Fritz

Trollope
Hultstrand

Post by Hultstrand »

You were quick! Thank you! Thanks for the tips.

I added the chapter number to Chapter 1. I also went through and fixed those plosives that you pointed out. What I did is just reduced the amplification on those parts instead of re-record. It seemed to make a difference and sound better, at least to my ears! You are right how it is interesting to watch it in Audacity because you can see where a plosive is just by the waveform.
I also did not change the "having made known to us" part...I kept hearing "known" so I decided to leave it as is. The length of the recording actually stayed the same length of 4:29.

I also reuploaded Chapter 5 by fixing the one plosive you pointed out and then a couple others. I didn't do any re-recording in that chapter though.
Aaron Hultstrand