[COMPLETE] The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 10 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
safasofia
Posts: 21
Joined: January 4th, 2019, 2:32 pm

Post by safasofia » May 12th, 2019, 7:20 am

Hi there,

Please let me apologize for missing my deadline! I've been quite swamped with my day job. Is it possible to receive a 1 month extension? In case it's not possible, I'd totally understand if you prefer to reassign the chapter.

I'm really sorry again for not communicating in advance.

Foon
Posts: 2783
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » May 12th, 2019, 1:52 pm

safasofia wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 7:20 am
Hi there,

Please let me apologize for missing my deadline! I've been quite swamped with my day job. Is it possible to receive a 1 month extension? In case it's not possible, I'd totally understand if you prefer to reassign the chapter.

I'm really sorry again for not communicating in advance.
No worries, we all have real life getting in the way sometimes! Thanks for checking in. A 1-month extension is fine :)
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

MajorHistory
Posts: 199
Joined: March 22nd, 2019, 7:21 am
Location: Suffolk, VA USA
Contact:

Post by MajorHistory » May 13th, 2019, 11:35 am

Please remove me from this project, sections 20 and 21.

I was half way trough section 20, when I got hit by some words, I don't want to be in the PD. Page 271.5...
exclaim "O sucker

Sorry, I didn't realize this book was as such.
Cogito, ergo sum.

Foon
Posts: 2783
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » May 14th, 2019, 3:34 am

mikebotez wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 11:35 am
Please remove me from this project, sections 20 and 21.

I was half way trough section 20, when I got hit by some words, I don't want to be in the PD. Page 271.5...
exclaim "O sucker

Sorry, I didn't realize this book was as such.
Ok Mike, no problem. Everyone has their own standards of what they're comfortable recording, and if you don't feel that this is for you, that's absolutely fine.

I've removed you from those two sections.
That means we have two sections available again!
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Foon
Posts: 2783
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » June 8th, 2019, 4:31 am

Sections 17 and 18 have been orphaned and are free for anyone to claim!
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

KevinS
Posts: 2580
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 8th, 2019, 4:43 am

Foon wrote:
June 8th, 2019, 4:31 am
Sections 17 and 18 have been orphaned and are free for anyone to claim!
I may be interested, but I cannot figure out where these sections are!

(Yes, I'm as dumb as that.)
E agora, José?

Foon
Posts: 2783
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » June 8th, 2019, 5:51 am

KevinS wrote:
June 8th, 2019, 4:43 am
Foon wrote:
June 8th, 2019, 4:31 am
Sections 17 and 18 have been orphaned and are free for anyone to claim!
I may be interested, but I cannot figure out where these sections are!

(Yes, I'm as dumb as that.)
Interesting, I just realised they reformatted the PG text..

Section 17 starts with "We know absolutely nothing of the author or authors"... so if you Ctrl+F for that phrase it'll bring you right to the start of the section. Section 18 starts right below that, § II. THE NIGHTS IN EUROPE.
Does that help?

Please let me know if you'd like to claim them! :D It would be wonderful to complete this volume so we can move on to all the supplementary tales.
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

KevinS
Posts: 2580
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 8th, 2019, 6:12 am

I would be awful at this, I'm afraid. My French is non-existent.
E agora, José?

SkyRider
Posts: 438
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 10:27 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post by SkyRider » June 12th, 2019, 4:19 am

Hi Foon...

If you're willing to do the PLing for them, I'll cover 17 and 18.

Cheers,
Paul

Foon
Posts: 2783
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » June 12th, 2019, 4:46 am

SkyRider wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 4:19 am
Hi Foon...

If you're willing to do the PLing for them, I'll cover 17 and 18.

Cheers,
Paul
That would be great, thanks so much Paul! I will PL :thumbs:
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Foon
Posts: 2783
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » June 15th, 2019, 9:16 am

I've claimed the last open section for myself, so that means we're full again!


I thought it was about time to get crackin' on a new volume, so it's been launched in the launch pad (pending an MC, Tricia are you in again?) for those who are interested to get back to the stories instead of essays. Do please wait with claims until there is a filled out magic window ;)
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=75396
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

SkyRider
Posts: 438
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 10:27 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post by SkyRider » June 15th, 2019, 10:04 am

Foon wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 9:16 am
I thought it was about time to get crackin' on a new volume, so it's been launched in the launch pad (pending an MC,
Would you like me to stay on as DPL for that?

lslassor64
Posts: 5
Joined: June 15th, 2019, 7:59 am

Post by lslassor64 » June 15th, 2019, 10:18 am

Hey there,

I'm a new reader, and I would like to take a part.

Greetings

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42535
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » June 15th, 2019, 2:11 pm

I see Kiki beat me to it. No worries! :)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Humorous Alcohol Fic/Poetry: The Old Soak, and Hail & Farewell
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long

Foon
Posts: 2783
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » June 15th, 2019, 3:44 pm

SkyRider wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 10:04 am
Foon wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 9:16 am
I thought it was about time to get crackin' on a new volume, so it's been launched in the launch pad (pending an MC,
Would you like me to stay on as DPL for that?
If you'd like to, absolutely! :D

TriciaG wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 2:11 pm
I see Kiki beat me to it. No worries! :)
Aw yes I saw that too! Well it's been great having you around since I picked up volume 9. I'm sure we'll get to work together on another project? :D

lslassor64 wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 10:18 am
Hey there,

I'm a new reader, and I would like to take a part.

Greetings
Hi! Welcome to LV! :clap:
I see you've posted your test recording already and participated in the weekly poetry project, great! This volume of the 1001 Night is fully claimed, but the next one has just been launched here: viewtopic.php?p=1599214
I still need to set it all up (at this moment, in the first post you can see a "Magic Window" with absolutely no information in it yet), which I'll do either tonight or tomorrow; once there is information in it, you are very welcome to make a claim in that project!

Hope to see you in the next project soon!

Foon
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Dialogues: Dialogues of the Gods
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Post Reply