COMPLETE[PLAY] The Country Wife by William Wycherley - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote: February 24th, 2019, 12:54 pm you forgot "Fidget" but I think that is optional as we know who Mrs Dainty is.... ;) so unless Tomas wants this in, it's fine with me
No, it's fine. One Fidget less won't make any difference LOL. We can mark it PL OK!
Tomas Peter
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

WiltedScribe wrote: February 24th, 2019, 1:06 pm
Kitty wrote: February 24th, 2019, 12:54 pm you forgot "Fidget" but I think that is optional as we know who Mrs Dainty is.... ;) so unless Tomas wants this in, it's fine with me
No, it's fine. One Fidget less won't make any difference LOL. We can mark it PL OK!
Ha ha, was having so much fun with the word ‘Dainty’ that I forgot to include the ‘Fidget’!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

Here is Act 2, hoping I did a better job this time!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_narrator_2_128kb.mp3
4:35
Campbell
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 24th, 2019, 9:13 pmHere is Act 2, hoping I did a better job this time!
I love it that you are acting along with the others :lol: well don, Campbell, who says the narrator should be boring :mrgreen:

sorry though...not quite finished yet ;)

> at 0:20: "Mrs. Margery Pinchwife and Alithea. Pinchwife peeping behind at the door." – in my opinion, judging from the situation, Alitheia and Pinchwife are two different persons here (so you need to make a break and intonate a bit differently). Margery and Alitheia are in the room and Pinchwife is spying on them on the other side of the door. :hmm: Maybe we can ask Tomas about this, as he is more familiar with the play, but I would say this is the situation here.

> at about 4:13: missed line: “aside to Horner

> at about 4:16: missed line: “Horner and Lady Fidget whisper

thanks

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote: February 25th, 2019, 2:48 am at 0:20: "Mrs. Margery Pinchwife and Alithea. Pinchwife peeping behind at the door." – in my opinion, judging from the situation, Alitheia and Pinchwife are two different persons here (so you need to make a break and intonate a bit differently). Margery and Alitheia are in the room and Pinchwife is spying on them on the other side of the door. :hmm: Maybe we can ask Tomas about this, as he is more familiar with the play, but I would say this is the situation here.
You're right, Sonia. We establish that only Margery and Alithea are onstage, and that Pinchwife is unseen and behind the door. So the sentence does need a different intonation to reflect that.
Tomas Peter
lymiewithpurpose

Kitty wrote: February 25th, 2019, 2:48 am well don, Campbell, who says the narrator should be boring :mrgreen:
Boring? Pshaw, never :D (and that is most definitely why I am making all of these mistakes, don't want you to be bored and have no work to do :lol:)
Kitty wrote: February 25th, 2019, 2:48 am > at 0:20: "Mrs. Margery Pinchwife and Alithea. Pinchwife peeping behind at the door." – in my opinion, judging from the situation, Alitheia and Pinchwife are two different persons here (so you need to make a break and intonate a bit differently). Margery and Alitheia are in the room and Pinchwife is spying on them on the other side of the door. :hmm: Maybe we can ask Tomas about this, as he is more familiar with the play, but I would say this is the situation here.
Oh gosh, I thought Alithea Pinchwife was their daughter or something, oops :oops:. Fixed this and the other mistakes!
4:46
Campbell
benderca

Post by benderca »

So I finished recording Lucy, but I'll need a few days to finish the editing. I got distracted, because I felt the urge to read the entire play. It is hilarious! :lol:
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

benderca wrote: February 25th, 2019, 4:31 pm So I finished recording Lucy, but I'll need a few days to finish the editing. I got distracted, because I felt the urge to read the entire play. It is hilarious! :lol:
Yes, it is. :D It's going to be a fantastic audio play.

No rush in editing! Some other roles still have to come in, so there's still time.
Tomas Peter
lymiewithpurpose

And done with Act 3! Rather chaotic, so I have a suspicion I missed something somewhere. Hope I didn't miss too much :D.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_narrator_3_128kb.mp3
6:57
Campbell
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 25th, 2019, 2:37 pmOh gosh, I thought Alithea Pinchwife was their daughter or something, oops :oops:.
yes I figured there was some kind of mistake there, based on your intonation ;) it's all good now, excellently corrected. :thumbs: PL ok now. Alitheia is Pinchwife's sister, so she is Margery's sister-in-law, but old enough already to have a suitor of her own.

Thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 25th, 2019, 9:31 pm And done with Act 3! Rather chaotic, so I have a suspicion I missed something somewhere. Hope I didn't miss too much :D.
chaotic is the word for this act :lol: what a coming and going !

You did miss a few things though, but considering the length, it wasn't that much ;)

> at about 0:32: “aside” missing

> at about 1:53: another "aside" missing

> at 3:21: you can cut “Pinchwife” here, the “aside” is only for the second part of the quote, so the name is not necessary

> at 4:03: “aside to them” – also here, you can cut out “Horner”, since it's in the middle of his speech

> at 4:07: “aside” – also here: “Pinchwife” can be cut

> at about 5:43: missed line: “Re-enter PINCHWIFE

thanks Campbell, for another entertaining overview of the happenings in this act. A lot of kissing going on :mrgreen:

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe wrote: February 25th, 2019, 4:48 pm
benderca wrote: February 25th, 2019, 4:31 pm So I finished recording Lucy, but I'll need a few days to finish the editing. I got distracted, because I felt the urge to read the entire play. It is hilarious! :lol:
Yes, it is. :D It's going to be a fantastic audio play.

No rush in editing! Some other roles still have to come in, so there's still time.
Thanks for your understanding, Tomas! :9:
lymiewithpurpose

Kitty wrote: February 26th, 2019, 5:56 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 25th, 2019, 9:31 pm And done with Act 3! Rather chaotic, so I have a suspicion I missed something somewhere. Hope I didn't miss too much :D.
chaotic is the word for this act :lol: what a coming and going !

You did miss a few things though, but considering the length, it wasn't that much ;)

> at about 0:32: “aside” missing

> at about 1:53: another "aside" missing

> at 3:21: you can cut “Pinchwife” here, the “aside” is only for the second part of the quote, so the name is not necessary

> at 4:03: “aside to them” – also here, you can cut out “Horner”, since it's in the middle of his speech

> at 4:07: “aside” – also here: “Pinchwife” can be cut

> at about 5:43: missed line: “Re-enter PINCHWIFE

thanks Campbell, for another entertaining overview of the happenings in this act. A lot of kissing going on :mrgreen:

Sonia
Hey well it looked like a lot, but most of those were just that I recorded too much! I love when that happens. Always better to record too much than not any of it :). Anyways, here is the corrected version! Unfortunately couldn't get any more recorded today. Hopefully tomorrow or Thursday!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_narrator_3_128kb.mp3
7:05
Campbell
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 26th, 2019, 9:53 pmHey well it looked like a lot, but most of those were just that I recorded too much! I love when that happens. Always better to record too much than not any of it :).
I totally agree :mrgreen:

and it's PL ok now. Thanks a bunch !

Sonia
lymiewithpurpose

Got to record the next act (always nice after an especially tough day). Let's see how many mistakes my muddled brain made this time :lol:.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_narrator_4_128kb.mp3
8:48
Campbell