COMPLETE[PLAY] The Country Wife by William Wycherley - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

iBeScotty wrote: March 20th, 2019, 1:11 pmThe last of Pinchwife uploaded. Thanks so much for letting me play, it was a hoot!
yes I noticed you had a fun time with this one. And the final act is really a great ending to it all. I love the many laughs you insert and the well-placed "blowing out the candle" :thumbs: These little things make it all so lively.

The final act is also PL ok. Magnificent job all throughout, Scott !

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_pinchwife_5_128kb.mp3
And I was thinking that I do not believe I have ever said the word "cuckold" before and now I've said it a lifetime's worth! :shock:
:lol: yes I think that was his main vocabulary in this play. Talk about obsession.

Can't wait to hear all this assembled together. Thanks so much for bringing in your talent for this main role.

Sonia
iBeScotty

Post by iBeScotty »

Thanks so much, Sonia! :thumbs: I too look forward to the finished product; may take a road trip to nowhere in particular when it comes out. :)

And thank you Tomas for all the sweat poured into this project! Editing alone must be a massive undertaking! :clap:
Scotty
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: March 11th, 2019, 5:00 am
benderca wrote: March 10th, 2019, 4:10 pmHere's Lucy, Act 3, an't please your worship:
ahhh, your voice has such a high pitch here, didn't see that one coming :lol: sounds excellent for Lucy's character though. And I love the laughs at the beginning. Well done, TJ.

You did miss two lines though ;)

> at about 0:33: please insert: “Stay, stay, hold—“ and “For God's sake, sir, I must follow 'em.

thank you, good start, looking forward to the rest. I hope the voice is not too difficult to keep up throughout.

Sonia
Oh no, I got sloppy. This is the first time I've cut out my sections and pasted them into a separate document. It wasn't so successful, I see. Now I'm going to get slack from my colleagues down at the recording studio, who call me "PL-Okay TeeJay"... (and by "recording studio" I mean my home office, and by "colleagues" I mean my 11-year-old daughter, Jasmin :lol: ). Okay, I'll get the revised version to you ASAP, along with the other two acts.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

And I've finally completed Act 2. :9: Everyone sounds sooooo good. :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_2_wycherley_128kb.mp3
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 21st, 2019, 11:50 pmAnd I've finally completed Act 2. :9: Everyone sounds sooooo good. :clap:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_2_wycherley_128kb.mp3
another great act, Tomas. Excellent assembling again, I have nothing to note down here. Immediately PL ok. Now the plot starts to be fully of double-entendres. :lol:

For the rest we need to wait on TJ still :)

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 5:21 am
For the rest we need to wait on TJ still :)

Sonia
Ooooh nooo! Am I the weak link again? :shock:

Here's Lucy, Alithea's maid, Act 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_lucy_5_128kb.mp3
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, TJ!
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 11:10 am Ooooh nooo! Am I the weak link again? :shock:
I would not say "weak" link, but only a "late" link :lol: no matter, better late than never and the saying goes "last but not least". Someone has to be the last ;)

And thanks for starting with Act 5, so this one can get assembled already. :9: Yes it's all PL ok and Lucy is so endearingly witty and scheming. I love the final nudge to Mrs Pinchwife, "was it not so" ? sooo full of insistent meaning in your voice. :thumbs: Well done

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 11:38 am And thanks for starting with Act 5, so this one can get assembled already.
Okay, I'll get on it ASAP. I don't believe it's as long as Acts 3 and 4, so maybe I can get it done in a few days? We shall see.
Tomas Peter
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: March 11th, 2019, 5:00 am
benderca wrote: March 10th, 2019, 4:10 pmHere's Lucy, Act 3, an't please your worship:
ahhh, your voice has such a high pitch here, didn't see that one coming :lol: sounds excellent for Lucy's character though. And I love the laughs at the beginning. Well done, TJ.

You did miss two lines though ;)

> at about 0:33: please insert: “Stay, stay, hold—“ and “For God's sake, sir, I must follow 'em.

thank you, good start, looking forward to the rest. I hope the voice is not too difficult to keep up throughout.

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia! The British accent is hard for me to keep up, but luckily I don't have that many lines... :D
The missing lines were inserted at 35.00 and 42.00

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_lucy_3_128kb.mp3
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 11:34 am Thanks, TJ!
You're very welcome, Tomas!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: March 24th, 2019, 8:58 amThanks, Sonia! The British accent is hard for me to keep up, but luckily I don't have that many lines... :D
The missing lines were inserted at 35.00 and 42.00
thank you, perfectly PL ok now and Act 3 is ready to be assembled !!!! Tomas is kept busy :lol:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I'm missing a line from Mrs. Dainty Fidget in Act 5, incorrectly labeled Mrs. Fain in the script: "Dear brimmer! Well, in token of our openness and plain-dealing, let us throw our masks over our heads."

A new file is okay instead of re-uploading the old one.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

why are you still up at this time ? :shock: holidays ? ;)

sorry, that this line escaped me :oops:

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 26th, 2019, 1:22 am I'm missing a line from Mrs. Dainty Fidget in Act 5, incorrectly labeled Mrs. Fain in the script: "Dear brimmer! Well, in token of our openness and plain-dealing, let us throw our masks over our heads."

A new file is okay instead of re-uploading the old one.
Sorry about that!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_dainty_5_missingline.mp3
Here's the line.
Thanks for the PM--I had unsubscribed a while back, so I wouldn't have seen otherwise.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian