Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Amit,
I like the new summary. :thumbs:

Chapter 5 is PL OK. I think the trouble is getting ready to begin. :D
linny

Post by linny »

Chapters 6 and 7 could both use a little noise cleaning. Other than that they are PL OK.

It's unlikely to ever come up again but just in case, the pronunciation of Ybor City is a challenging one. I only live a couple of hours from there so I'm familiar with the town. The Y is pronounced as a long E. E-bore. No need to change it but since you have cc in your signature line I figured you would want to know.

It's been fun to listen for you. I never read this series as a girl but I did read many similar ones. It's been enjoyable to remember all of those hours curled up and engrossed in the unfolding mystery.
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

linny wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 1:24 pm Chapters 6 and 7 could both use a little noise cleaning. Other than that they are PL OK...
Thank you so much once more linny for PL-ing these chapters.
linny wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 1:24 pm ...It's unlikely to ever come up again but just in case, the pronunciation of Ybor City is a challenging one. I only live a couple of hours from there so I'm familiar with the town. The Y is pronounced as a long E. E-bore. No need to change it but since you have cc in your signature line I figured you would want to know...
It didn't even occur to me that it could be E-Bore, sorry about that. I wish there was a search-and-replace option for audio tracks, it would have fixed things up quickly but unfortunately, short of recording almost the entire book, this would be very tough. Thank you for understanding that, I appreciate it. And yes, the CC is exactly for this type of critique. I should have done some research. I'm glad you clarified that. I won't forget it if I ever need to say it again. :D

I've finished most of the editing, unfortunately, just for fun I tackled the biggest chapters first but didn't get around to the one you'd be reading next. I'll try to finish those and upload them by evening today.

Thank you again for everything. Especially CC. It's important and you've been very gracious about it.

Take care and with regards,

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

"You can call me crazy, but you're just jealous that the voices don't talk to you."
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

Hi,

Chapters 6 & 7 noise cleaned and re-uploaded for Spot PL.

Thanks
Amit Sharma, CC

"You can call me crazy, but you're just jealous that the voices don't talk to you."
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

linny wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 1:24 pm ...I never read this series as a girl but I did read many similar ones. It's been enjoyable to remember all of those hours curled up and engrossed in the unfolding mystery.
I guess that is THE best reason for reading books. Not only do they manage to take us in their own places and times, they also allow us to revisit our own special moments and experience some of the magic in our lives again.

I'm very happy this book did that for you.

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

linny

Post by linny »

Chapters 6 and 7 are both spot check PL OK.

Chapter 11 is PL OK.
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

Hi,

Here are chapters 08 & 09 ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/goldcoin_08_wells_128kb.mp3, Running time: 09:10

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/goldcoin_09_wells_128kb.mp3, Running time: 13:23

warm regards,

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

linny wrote: December 3rd, 2018, 8:02 am Chapters 6 and 7 are both spot check PL OK.

Chapter 11 is PL OK.
Thank you linny. :thumbs:

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

linny

Post by linny »

Chapters 8, 9, and 13 are all PL OK. :D
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

linny wrote: December 3rd, 2018, 8:43 am Chapters 8, 9, and 13 are all PL OK. :D
Wow, that was fast... thanks so much. You're awesome. :clap:

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

linny

Post by linny »

You're welcome but you did all the hard work. I just listen along.

Chapters 14 and 15 are both PL OK.
amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

linny wrote: December 3rd, 2018, 9:52 am You're welcome but you did all the hard work. I just listen along...
You're not JUST listening, you're listening, and comparing, and checking - that's a whole different ball game and I appreciate it. :D

I'm very glad you decided to help out with this. I've seen many threads where PL-ing is pending for a while. You've finished within hours of my posting and we have a full 12-hour time lag. Thank you. :clap:

Just two more to go I think.
Amit Sharma, CC

amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

Hi,

Here are chapters 10 & 12 ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/goldcoin_10_wells_128kb.mp3, Running time: 09:15

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/goldcoin_12_wells_128kb.mp3, Running time: 04:34

warm regards,

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

amitsharma

Post by amitsharma »

Total time: 04h 11m 54s
Amit Sharma, CC

linny

Post by linny »

Amit,
Chapters 10 and 12 are both PL OK.

Congratulations on completing your solo! :clap: