COMPLETE Preludes of Poetry and Music by Irene Curtis -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you so much :9:
Carolin
malkadavis

Post by malkadavis »

“I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.”
--Jane Austen
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you for that!

Please remember to claim a section before getting started on it next time :)

Also, how long is the recording (mm.ss)? Please remember to always post the duration of a recording when you post a link so that i can update the magic window. Thank you!
Carolin
malkadavis

Post by malkadavis »

Carolin wrote: February 1st, 2019, 12:00 am Thank you for that!

Please remember to claim a section before getting started on it next time :)

Also, how long is the recording (mm.ss)? Please remember to always post the duration of a recording when you post a link so that i can update the magic window. Thank you!
My apologies! 02:40
“I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.”
--Jane Austen
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Carolin -

I will record 10 and 11 for you...

Lynda
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

malkadavis wrote: January 31st, 2019, 6:28 pm I've uploaded poem #9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/preludes_9_curtis_128kb.mp3
Thanks for your recording.
The only thing that really needs to be taken care of is the long silence at the end. We need only 5 seconds, and I see about 35 seconds. Not critical, but at about 0:27 there appears noticeable background hum, then it stops abruptly before your "outro" and the following silence which is totally dead. Up to you if you want to use some noise cleaning on it, but I thought I'd point it out.

Just post your corrected file and the length here after you have uploaded it.
~ Larry
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all!
Carolin
malkadavis

Post by malkadavis »

silverquill wrote: February 1st, 2019, 8:01 pm
malkadavis wrote: January 31st, 2019, 6:28 pm I've uploaded poem #9:

Thanks for your recording.
The only thing that really needs to be taken care of is the long silence at the end. We need only 5 seconds, and I see about 35 seconds. Not critical, but at about 0:27 there appears noticeable background hum, then it stops abruptly before your "outro" and the following silence which is totally dead. Up to you if you want to use some noise cleaning on it, but I thought I'd point it out.

Just post your corrected file and the length here after you have uploaded it.
Cropped the extra time at the end. I'm not an audio tech expert, so I don't know why there was "noise" on the file (it wasn't there when I played back the recording) or how to "clean" it. I tried just now to upload the revised file and received an error message. I'll try again later.

Regardless of whether you can use the new recording, this is officially my last reading for Librivox. I've simply spent way too much time dealing with technology issues.
--Jane Austen
malkadavis

Post by malkadavis »

--Jane Austen
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

malkadavis wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 6:17 am Revised recording: 02:07

Well, now you've trimmed too much and have only 2 seconds instead of 5.
But, don't worry, I can easily fix this for you.

Please don't be discouraged by the technical end of this hobby. I promise, it does get better. :)
Many of us, myself included, struggled in the beginning. But, there are a lot of good tutorials and help files, and everyone here is very willing to give assistance. I couldn't have made it this far without them. :) I still make technical mistakes, but that is why this is a team effort. If you stick with it, you'll soon become comfortable with the tech side which won't be so time consuming, and you can relax and do what you enjoy doing, ans what you do well -- reading!

We do thank you for your contribution to this project, Martha!
~ Larry
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all :D
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

malkadavis wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 5:59 am Regardless of whether you can use the new recording, this is officially my last reading for Librivox. I've simply spent way too much time dealing with technology issues.
Im sorry to hear it martha. Did you see that we have dome excellent explanations in our wiki? https://wiki.librivox.org/ these might help if youd still like to learn. Thank you!
Carolin
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

malkadavis wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 5:59 am Regardless of whether you can use the new recording, this is officially my last reading for Librivox. I've simply spent way too much time dealing with technology issues.
Oh, that would be a pity! :( You've such a sweet, soothing voice.
Are you still using GarageBand as I've read somewhere? That one seems to be a special beast making things complicated; it seems to be designed for something different. As far as I have seen there is also Audacity available for the Mac. It looks a bit overwhelming in the beginning, but there is plenty of help out there and tons of Phils wonderful videos for that program. Once you have a stable workflow, the technical side is not as time-consuming any more.