[COMPLETE]A Multilingual Rubaiyat - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Algy Pug
Posts: 5913
Joined: December 26th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Post by Algy Pug » October 30th, 2018, 1:43 pm

Epachuko wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 10:53 am
Here it comes sections 8 (Spanish, Jose Castellot version): (22:29)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/multilingualrubaiyat_08_various_128kb.mp3

I read the presentation of the sections in english and then in spanish, cause I was not sure which language I should use :lol: let me know if you want me to delete one of them!
Thanks Epachuko

After consultation with Sonia it was decided that the intros and outros would be read only in English, as described in the opening post.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

_________________________
Let me recapitulate backwards to what happened previously.
- Rex Mossop

Algy Pug
Posts: 5913
Joined: December 26th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Post by Algy Pug » October 30th, 2018, 1:50 pm

KendalRigans wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 8:39 am
Hi, I wish to read the section 5 in Spanish.
Thanks :D
Thank you

Section 5 is yours.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

_________________________
Let me recapitulate backwards to what happened previously.
- Rex Mossop

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18715
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 30th, 2018, 2:20 pm

and here is mine, after working almost the entire day at it 8-) I hope I did it justice.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/multilingualrubaiyat_04_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 18:17 min.

(oops, did I read so much faster than Epachuko :? )

I will try to PL both your sections tomorrow, guys. It's getting a bit late here now.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18715
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 30th, 2018, 2:42 pm

Algy, just a thought: looking at the MW, I would think it would be more helpful for prospective listeners, if you included the language, instead of always stating the same title. Maybe in brackets after the title ?

example:

3. The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám (in Italian) - First Edition - Faruffini

Sonia

Algy Pug
Posts: 5913
Joined: December 26th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Post by Algy Pug » October 30th, 2018, 2:49 pm

Kitty wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 2:42 pm
Algy, just a thought: looking at the MW, I would think it would be more helpful for prospective listeners, if you included the language, instead of always stating the same title. Maybe in brackets after the title ?

example:

3. The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám (in Italian) - First Edition - Faruffini

Sonia
MW updated.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

_________________________
Let me recapitulate backwards to what happened previously.
- Rex Mossop

Foon
Posts: 2832
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » October 30th, 2018, 3:10 pm

Algy, a question:

The full name of the Dutch translator is Christiaan Leendert van Balen Jr. Can/should I read the name like that, or keep it as the challenging to pronounce Chr. van Balen? :)
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Algy Pug
Posts: 5913
Joined: December 26th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Post by Algy Pug » October 30th, 2018, 3:14 pm

Foon wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 3:10 pm
Algy, a question:

The full name of the Dutch translator is Christiaan Leendert van Balen Jr. Can/should I read the name like that, or keep it as the challenging to pronounce Chr. van Balen? :)
Thanks Foon

Please read the full name.

Regards
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

_________________________
Let me recapitulate backwards to what happened previously.
- Rex Mossop

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18715
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 31st, 2018, 2:45 am

time to move us over to readers wanted. I'll put us into "Short works" for now, but I was wondering if "other languages" would be better to attract two more Italians ? :hmm: Or maybe you could simply advertise there.

Sonia

Foon
Posts: 2832
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » October 31st, 2018, 4:06 am

Another question! In the Dutch one, does the part starting on page 41 of the pdf (headed "Kuza Nama") belong to the poem/should I record that?
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Algy Pug
Posts: 5913
Joined: December 26th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Post by Algy Pug » October 31st, 2018, 4:21 am

Foon wrote:
October 31st, 2018, 4:06 am
Another question! In the Dutch one, does the part starting on page 41 of the pdf (headed "Kuza Nama") belong to the poem/should I record that?

Yes - Kuza nama is part of the poem.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

_________________________
Let me recapitulate backwards to what happened previously.
- Rex Mossop

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18715
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 31st, 2018, 4:29 am

Algy, I listened to the introduction, very interesting thoughts in there. From what I read in my German poem, he didn't strike me as too much of a Sufi either ;)

I found two errors in an otherwise flawless text. Your French is quite good too :thumbs:

> at 13:30: O Thou who burn'st in Heart for those who burn In Hell - you say hell also in the first part of the sentence

> at 25:46: "end of section 0" - you forgot 0

Sonia

Foon
Posts: 2832
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » October 31st, 2018, 4:49 am

Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

WiltedScribe
Posts: 2207
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » October 31st, 2018, 9:28 am

I can take whichever English edition you assign me. I don't know the extent of their differences, so I'm not picky in that respect. :P
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | A Woman is a Weathercock | The Dialogues of the Gods | The Mueller Report | The Tender Husband | Doctor Johnson | Eunuchus

Algy Pug
Posts: 5913
Joined: December 26th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Post by Algy Pug » October 31st, 2018, 2:08 pm

WiltedScribe wrote:
October 31st, 2018, 9:28 am
I can take whichever English edition you assign me. I don't know the extent of their differences, so I'm not picky in that respect. :P
Thanks Tomas

The differences between the fourth and fifth editions are minimal. I have allocated the fifth (the better known of the two )to you.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

_________________________
Let me recapitulate backwards to what happened previously.
- Rex Mossop

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18715
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 31st, 2018, 2:22 pm

Epachuko wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 10:53 am
Here it comes sections 8 (Spanish, Jose Castellot version): (22:29)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/multilingualrubaiyat_08_various_128kb.mp3

I read the presentation of the sections in english and then in spanish, cause I was not sure which language I should use :lol: let me know if you want me to delete one of them!
thanks Epachuko, this was a great reading :clap: And since I already read my German version, I really understood almost everything :lol: it was a good and accurate translation, compared with the German.

I have only a few notes here to correct:

> from 0:17-0:32: the Spanish intro can be cut out

> at 12:57: (Stanza LVIX) "el plomo de la vida en oro reluciente" - you say "polvo"

> at 17:57: Question for Algy: before stanza LXXXII is written Kuza Nama. Is it necessary to include the title here ? I know that I didn't say this title but in my German version it was not included either. But since it is written here, should it be read as well ? :hmm:

> at 22:21: end disclaimer maybe also in English instead of Spanish: "End of Section 8"

thanks !

Sonia

Post Reply