Nedge wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 5:23 pm
May I read Chapter 2, please?

Nan
Thank You!

Nedge

Post by Nedge » October 28th, 2018, 6:49 pm

Nan

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Anne Lamott

bhavya

Post by bhavya » October 28th, 2018, 9:31 pm

Nedge wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 6:49 pm
Chapter 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/bunkersatbells_02_hope_128kb.mp3 12:09

Thank you,,

Nan
Thank You Nan!
I will PL it today.

bhavya

Post by bhavya » October 29th, 2018, 8:35 am

Chapter 2 is PL OK. Nicely read!
Thank you.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » October 30th, 2018, 6:53 am

bhavya wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 2:25 am
Also, shall I post this in listeners wanted?
That is your choice. If you want to DPL, then go ahead, otherwise you can post. I would normally offer to PL your section, but I will be gone for a few days due to a family emergency.

bhavya

Post by bhavya » October 30th, 2018, 9:39 am

Lynnet wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 6:53 am
bhavya wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 2:25 am
Also, shall I post this in listeners wanted?
That is your choice. If you want to DPL, then go ahead, otherwise you can post. I would normally offer to PL your section, but I will be gone for a few days due to a family emergency.
I will post it in Listeners Wanted. Please don't worry about my section.

bhavya

Post by bhavya » November 1st, 2018, 4:08 am

bhavya

Post by bhavya » November 21st, 2018, 11:17 pm

Hello Lynne,

I have bookmarked this topic and received a notification that a user has replied in this topic. But there is no post in the project thread. Any idea why?

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » November 22nd, 2018, 1:41 am

bhavya wrote:
November 21st, 2018, 11:17 pm
Hello Lynne,

I have bookmarked this topic and received a notification that a user has replied in this topic. But there is no post in the project thread. Any idea why?
It looks like the poster deleted their post.

bhavya

Post by bhavya » November 22nd, 2018, 2:34 am

Lynnet wrote:
November 22nd, 2018, 1:41 am
bhavya wrote:
November 21st, 2018, 11:17 pm
Hello Lynne,

It looks like the poster deleted their post.
OK,Thanks :)

schrm

Post by schrm » November 22nd, 2018, 1:08 pm

hello,

i just pled your own section and: my compliments! it was such a lovely, lively reading style like listening a mother reading to her child - and sometimes, i felt like listening to the tv, where a movie is playing!
:D

i think this section 1 is pl ok!

but i want to mention two aspects:
- at the end of the intro and in the outro text is "[Chapter]". i know this as reading the title of the chapter, only. but as long as the disclaimer text is void, that is a question the bc has to decide and to judge, if an intro is consistent and to the wishes. so its your decision :-)
- 1:44 i understand "if its a whizzle?" text: "Why doesn't the footstool go around if it's a wheel?" asked Vi again.
since im not a native english speaker, i maybe cannot judge it right. i think it is not confusing or disturbing the content and therefore a pl ok is void!

so impressive to listen to your reading!
if you need a pl for other sections read by yourself, i will be happy to jump in!

cheers,

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!

en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, katerpoesie, allerlei gelehrte

bhavya

Post by bhavya » November 22nd, 2018, 7:51 pm

schrm wrote:
November 22nd, 2018, 1:08 pm
hello,

i just pled your own section and: my compliments! it was such a lovely, lively reading style like listening a mother reading to her child - and sometimes, i felt like listening to the tv, where a movie is playing!

- at the end of the intro and in the outro text is "[Chapter]". i know this as reading the title of the chapter, only. but as long as the disclaimer text is void, that is a question the bc has to decide and to judge, if an intro is consistent and to the wishes. so its your decision :-)
- 1:44 i understand "if its a whizzle?" text: "Why doesn't the footstool go around if it's a wheel?" asked Vi again.
since im not a native english speaker, i maybe cannot judge it right. i think it is not confusing or disturbing the content and therefore a pl ok is void!

if you need a pl for other sections read by yourself, i will be happy to jump in!

cheers,
Thank you so much!!
I will give a listen to the file again at for the edit at 1:44.
As for the first not, I think I will ask Lynne. If needed I will change that too.
Also, are you interested in being the DPL?
Thanks again! :D

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » November 22nd, 2018, 8:52 pm

bhavya wrote:
November 22nd, 2018, 7:51 pm
schrm wrote:
November 22nd, 2018, 1:08 pm
hello,

cheers,
Thank you so much!!
I will give a listen to the file again at for the edit at 1:44.
As for the first not, I think I will ask Lynne. If needed I will change that too.
Also, are you interested in being the DPL?
Thanks again! :D
I'm not sure what the issue is, but the intro and outro are the accepted Librivox disclaimers and should be read as is.

bhavya

Post by bhavya » November 23rd, 2018, 1:37 am

Hey Lynne,

So [Chapter] is read as Chapter # right?

schrm

Post by schrm » November 23rd, 2018, 1:45 am

hello lynnet,
the disclaimer is read ok, as to my judgment.
the problem i noticed is, that at the end of the intro disclaimer, where [chapter] is the variable, bhavya did not read the title of the chapter ("all upset"), but said "chapter 1".
and at the end of the outro, she read "end of chapter" instead of "end of "all upset"", which would be my interpretation of "End of [Chapter]".
so the disclaimer is void (to my opinion), but still has this inconsistency.

hello bhavya,
since i have changes in my work at the moment, begin to work at a completely new job next week (second time this month), i may not have the free time capacity to dpl for this book in a timely manner.
if you accept waiting times of two weeks, also, i would be happy to be the dpl.
and/or if you dpl this book yourself, i will be happy to help and pl your sections :-)

cheers,

ps: to my knowledge and reading, i read [chapter] as "title of the chapter", and [number] as the "number of the section".
this solution has advantages, eg you dont have to read the title twice at the beginning of the story.
though, it should be consistent throughout the book, to avoid confusings.

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!

en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, katerpoesie, allerlei gelehrte