[Complete] Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's by Laura Lee Hope - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
schrm

Post by schrm »

Lynnet wrote: June 9th, 2019, 9:09 am Sections 18, 20 and 23 are at the wrong bitrate. I am headed out and don't have time to fix them now, so if the readers could do it, it would help enormously (plus set their computers right for next time 8-) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l54FyB3wLpA
i check all files with checker

and since i am using linux with a rather new version of lame codecs, i have to hint to this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=1486535#p1486535
tldr: wrong bitrate in librivox software but checker ok means, that the files specs are ok and you don't need to edit the files - they will upload just fine!

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

schrm wrote: June 9th, 2019, 10:18 am
Lynnet wrote: June 9th, 2019, 9:09 am Sections 18, 20 and 23 are at the wrong bitrate. I am headed out and don't have time to fix them now, so if the readers could do it, it would help enormously (plus set their computers right for next time 8-) )

and since i am using linux with a rather new version of lame codecs, i have to hint to this thread:
tldr: wrong bitrate in librivox software but checker ok means, that the files specs are ok and you don't need to edit the files - they will upload just fine!

cheers,
Thank you. I hadn't seen that. I just saw the files failed and as I was headed out for the day did not have time to investigate further. It's the first time this has happened... I'll try uploading and see what happens 8-)

Edit: I see now they are 129 instead of 128. That doesn't usually fail the tests we run. If that's all it is, everything should be OK.
schrm

Post by schrm »

Thank you. I hadn't seen that. I just saw the files failed and as I was headed out for the day did not have time to investigate further. It's the first time this has happened... I'll try uploading and see what happens 8-)

Edit: I see now they are 129 instead of 128. That doesn't usually fail the tests we run. If that's all it is, everything should be OK.
I hope everything works out well!
:D
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lynnet wrote: June 9th, 2019, 8:12 pm

cheers,

It is now deriving at Archive.
Please note when setting up future projects, we cannot have quotation marks (") in the MW. We can have apostrophes (') or even double apostrophes ('').
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/six-little-bunkers-at-grandma-bells-by-laura-lee-hope/

Please note that not all chapters look right at Archive yet... this should sort itself out within the next couple of hours.
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Lynnet wrote: June 10th, 2019, 10:48 am All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/six-little-bunkers-at-grandma-bells-by-laura-lee-hope/

Please note that not all chapters look right at Archive yet... this should sort itself out within the next couple of hours.

Thank you Lynn!
Thanks everyone!
jaanu

Post by jaanu »

Lynnet wrote: June 9th, 2019, 8:12 pm

cheers,

Hi Lynnet and Schrm - When I verified Chapter 18 , it showed as 128 in my checker. it shows as 128kbps 44,100Hz Mono.
Should i do something before the next upload? Just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.
Thank you :)
Jaanu
Jaanu
“It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
schrm

Post by schrm »

hi jaanu,

please dont worry: this book is already in the catalogue and therefore it is "mission complete", the book is pulished and there is nothing left to do anymore!

this is the important answer:
Lynnet wrote: June 10th, 2019, 10:48 am All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/six-little-bunkers-at-grandma-bells-by-laura-lee-hope/

jaanu wrote: June 12th, 2019, 4:14 am
schrm wrote: June 9th, 2019, 10:18 am and since i am using linux with a rather new version of lame codecs, i have to hint to this thread:
Hi Lynnet and Schrm - When I verified Chapter 18 , it showed as 128 in my checker. it shows as 128kbps 44,100Hz Mono.
Should i do something before the next upload? Just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.
Jaanu
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jaanu wrote: June 12th, 2019, 4:14 am
Jaanu
Don't worry about it -- it is a bug in the system that has been showing up since the last update. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to check things out properly before heading out.
schrm

Post by schrm »

Lynnet wrote: June 12th, 2019, 9:57 am
Don't worry about it -- it is a bug in the system that has been showing up since the last update. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to check things out properly before heading out.
uh no, sorry but that is quite not true :-D
so far, every one of my mcs asked back because of these files - with great power comes great responsibility and nobody is too perfect to ask...
:-)
and i ceased to write with every pl result "checker and pl ok" - i should do that..

so heads up lynne and thank you for the great and fast work you did with this book!
:9:

...and now im silent...
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

schrm wrote: June 12th, 2019, 10:01 am
Lynnet wrote: June 12th, 2019, 9:57 am
uh no, sorry but that is quite not true :-D
so far, every one of my mcs asked back because of these files - with great power comes great responsibility and nobody is too perfect to ask...
:-)
and i ceased to write with every pl result "checker and pl ok" - i should do that..

so heads up lynne and thank you for the great and fast work you did with this book!
:9:

...and now im silent...
This is something that has been discussed is the admin forum. We need to check every time, but since the last update, our validation checks have been showing some files at the wrong bitrate due to a bug, blip, whatever you want to call it. It has only been happening since the last update. What I stated was true, even if I cannot explain it in technical terms.
And yes, I was hurrying out to visit my daughter 8-) I had hoped to set the cataloguing process going before I left (it takes at least a couple of hours after pushing the button, usually... that part is out of the MC's hands) but when errors were thrown up, I did not have time to investigate. Oftentimes, this investigation and sorting out takes over an hour per file. Now I know that in this case, it would not have done. I did not know that at the time.
schrm

Post by schrm »

Lynnet wrote: June 12th, 2019, 10:16 am This is something that has been discussed is the admin forum. We need to check every time, but since the last update, our validation checks have been showing some files at the wrong bitrate due to a bug, blip, whatever you want to call it. It has only been happening since the last update. What I stated was true, even if I cannot explain it in technical terms.
And yes, I was hurrying out to visit my daughter 8-) I had hoped to set the cataloguing process going before I left (it takes at least a couple of hours after pushing the button, usually... that part is out of the MC's hands) but when errors were thrown up, I did not have time to investigate. Oftentimes, this investigation and sorting out takes over an hour per file. Now I know that in this case, it would not have done. I did not know that at the time.
ok, four sentences: still, you did your work properly!
if you were stressed, it was the best thing to do...
and i answered, eg. (me,who didn't post checker ok each pl...)
and i enforce my thank you! :-)
:clap:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275