[Complete] Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Vol. 1 by Arthur L. Hayward (ed) - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

PhyllisV wrote: January 21st, 2019, 11:57 am Section 17:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals1_17_hayward_128kb.mp3
18:53

Also, a few days I ago I uploaded the link to section 10, but don't see it here. Let me know if you need me to upload again.
Thank you.
No, section 10 is here... I just missed it in the flurry of activity :oops: It's in the MW for PL now. Section 3 is assigned.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

blueskies wrote: January 21st, 2019, 1:15 pm Lynne and Helen,

Here is section 53: The life of Lumley Davis, a Highwayman
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals1_53_hayward_128kb.mp3
7:36
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

blueskies wrote: January 21st, 2019, 1:18 pm Hi Lynne,

I'm interested in taking section 41: The Lives of JOHN TYRRELL, a Horse-dealer, and WILLIAM HAWKSWORTH, a Murderer, but I have a question about what looks to be an obvious typo in the first paragraph. It appears as "It seem she had been ..." but I believe it should be "It seems he had been ..." In a case like this, how should it be handled?
Read it as 'he' and I will report the error to Gutenberg. (If you come across obvious typos, feel free to send Gutenberg an error report. If something is unclear or illegible we usually look to see if there is another source to cross-reference)
blueskies

Post by blueskies »

Lynnet wrote: January 21st, 2019, 2:32 pm

I'm interested in taking section 41: The Lives of JOHN TYRRELL, a Horse-dealer, and WILLIAM HAWKSWORTH, a Murderer, but I have a question about what looks to be an obvious typo in the first paragraph. It appears as "It seem she had been ..." but I believe it should be "It seems he had been ..." In a case like this, how should it be handled?
Read it as 'he' and I will report the error to Gutenberg. (If you come across obvious typos, feel free to send Gutenberg an error report. If something is unclear or illegible we usually look to see if there is another source to cross-reference)
Thanks Lynne, that's very helpful. I'm actually a proofreader for Gutenberg too. Not a bad way to see what's in the pipeline. Does LibriVox have a method to send error reports to Gutenberg, or do we contact them directly?
Elizabeth
Also a Project Gutenberg Distributed Proofreader
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

blueskies wrote: January 21st, 2019, 2:51 pm
Lynnet wrote: January 21st, 2019, 2:32 pm

Thanks Lynne, that's very helpful. I'm actually a proofreader for Gutenberg too. Not a bad way to see what's in the pipeline. Does LibriVox have a method to send error reports to Gutenberg, or do we contact them directly?
Just report it directly.
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

I would like to claim sections 28 and 29
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you
blueskies

Post by blueskies »

Lynne and Helen,

Here's section 41: The Lives of John Tyrrell, a Horse-dealer, and William Hawksworth, a Murderer
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals1_41_hayward_128kb.mp3
5:12
Last edited by blueskies on January 22nd, 2019, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth
blueskies

Post by blueskies »

Lynne,
I'd like to claim section 42: The Life of William Duce, a Notorious Highwayman and Footpad
Thanks
Elizabeth
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

blueskies wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 2:15 pm Lynne and Helen,

Here's section 41: The Lives of John Tyrrell, a Horse-dealer, and William Hawksworth, a Murderer
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals1_41_hayward_128kb.mp3
5:12
Thank you
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 3, 10, 17, & 53
PL OK

Beautiful readings ladies. :clap:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
blueskies

Post by blueskies »

Lynne and Helen,
Here's section 42: The Life of William Duce, a Notorious Highwayman and Footpad
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals1_42_hayward_128kb.mp3
7:24
Elizabeth