[COMPLETE][Portuguese]Contos do Norte by João Marques de Carvalho - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Sonia,
I uploaded sec 8 “Um como tantos”
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosdonorte_8_marquesdecarvalho_128kb.mp3
(18:08)
I hope is not too bad :( for my first record of a long section, and in Portuguese :wink: .
I wait your suggestions for correction.
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: November 10th, 2018, 8:42 am Sonia,
I uploaded sec 8 “Um como tantos”
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosdonorte_8_marquesdecarvalho_128kb.mp3
(18:08)
I hope is not too bad :( for my first record of a long section, and in Portuguese :wink: .
Pier
thank you, Pier, I put it in the MW. I will probably listen to it tomorrow only, I don't think I will manage the time today, sorry. I'll give you feedback as soon as I can.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: November 10th, 2018, 8:42 am I hope is not too bad :( for my first record of a long section, and in Portuguese :wink: .
I just listened to it and it wasn't bad at all :clap: You speak very clearly, so I could follow along very well. I don't think the pace is too slow, I personally prefer slower readings to rushing ;) You give good emotional expressiveness at the correct spots, so this is excellently narrated.

Now I don't know if a native speaker of Portuguese would notice that it's not your mothertongue, but I personally found it all very convincing. :mrgreen:

You are absolutely qualified to participate in any Portuguese projects from now on. :9: And listening to the other sections will probably also help you improve your already good accent and vocabulary as well.

I have two small notes for correction though:

> at 2:32: “Liberrimos animaes!” – you say “liberissimos”, I think that is Italian if I'm not mistaken ;)

> at 17:55: “Fim da seção 8” - you forgot the number of the section

The rest perfectly fine.

Thank you so much for your contribution.

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

The corrected file is here:
(18.09 m)
ttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosdonorte_8_marquesdecarvalho_128kb.mp3

You are absolutely correct: liberissimos is Italian. The curious thing is that liberrimos is also Latin. :shock:
I am so glad to have made my first section in Portuguese, a language I really love. :D
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: November 12th, 2018, 4:29 amYou are absolutely correct: liberissimos is Italian. The curious thing is that liberrimos is also Latin. :shock:
true indeed. Well it is the ancestor of the language, so probably this is some remnant that hasn't changed. I love linguistics. :9:
I am so glad to have made my first section in Portuguese, a language I really love. :D
and a great start it was :thumbs: Corrections are PL ok now.

Thanks, and see you in the next

Sonia
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hey Sonia! As promised, here is a summary for the project. Please feel free to change or correct anything you want.

Contos do Norte é uma coleção de contos ambientados na região norte do país. Seu autor, Marques de Carvalho, diz que seu livro se pretende "uma homenagem ao povo paraense". As histórias são, em geral, curtas e melancólicas, com os elementos da floresta, dos rios amazônicos e das populações ribeirinhas em destaque.
Leni
=================
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Leni wrote: November 13th, 2018, 6:28 pm Hey Sonia! As promised, here is a summary for the project. Please feel free to change or correct anything you want.

Contos do Norte é uma coleção de contos ambientados na região norte do país. Seu autor, Marques de Carvalho, diz que seu livro se pretende "uma homenagem ao povo paraense". As histórias são, em geral, curtas e melancólicas, com os elementos da floresta, dos rios amazônicos e das populações ribeirinhas em destaque.
this sounds excellent, Leni, thank you so much. Maybe we should say "na região norte do Brazil" instead of "país", because otherwise it could also be any other country. :hmm: What do you think ?

I put it in like this now, and waiting for your confirmation.

Thanks for dedicating your writing skills to the project ! :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: November 13th, 2018, 1:04 pm Here are my sections, section 4: time - 27min 52secs
Section 5 10min 18secs
and thank you, Mayah :9: I will listen to them later on (also to your Alice, yay)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: November 13th, 2018, 1:04 pmHere are my sections, section 4: time - 27min 52secs
Section 5 10min 18secs
two interesting chapters again and very engagingly read, Mayah. Thank you so much. The voyeurism in the final episode was a bit creepy :? but well developed by the author.

Section 5 is already PL ok. :thumbs:

I have a few short notes for Section 4 though:

> at 7:41: stumble and repeat: “de seus habituaes convivas”

> at 11:03: after “para todas as danças” I can hear a long screeching tone, which hurt my ears. Maybe better to replace that part with a bit of ambient quiet background noise :hmm:

> at 24:08: “trazia na coloração dos pharoes fulgores da esperança” – here is a sound of a car honking in the middle of the sentence, maybe you could re-record this part to make it sound cleaner ?

> since you have to reupload anyway, could you please rename your filename as well ? the filename should only be one-digit, you can delete the 0 of the section number. We have less than 10 sections here. No need to reupload Chapter 5, I can correct the filename in my folder later on.

Thank you

That means there's only one section left :9:

Sonia
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Kitty wrote: November 14th, 2018, 12:26 am
Leni wrote: November 13th, 2018, 6:28 pm Hey Sonia! As promised, here is a summary for the project. Please feel free to change or correct anything you want.

this sounds excellent, Leni, thank you so much. Maybe we should say "na região norte do Brazil" instead of "país", because otherwise it could also be any other country. :hmm: What do you think ?

I put it in like this now, and waiting for your confirmation.

Thanks for dedicating your writing skills to the project ! :9:

Sonia
Hey, Sonia

ok, your suggestion makes perfect sense. "na região norte do Brasil". :)

You're very welcome!
Leni
=================
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Leni wrote: November 14th, 2018, 7:27 am ok, your suggestion makes perfect sense. "na região norte do Brasil". :)
ok, Brasil with 's', got it 8-)

thanks

Sonia
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Hi Kitty,

Here is my section 4 PL corrected: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosdonorte_4_marquesdecarvalho_128kb.mp3

time 27min 51secs
Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: November 18th, 2018, 12:00 am Here is my section 4 PL corrected: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosdonorte_4_marquesdecarvalho_128kb.mp3
thank you, Mayah, this is now totally PL ok. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Announcement:

I heard back from the initial claimant, and section 6. "Complicações psychologicas" has been orphaned now and is ready to be claimed again.
If anybody is interested and would be able to give a quick turn-around, that would be appreciated. It's the final section before we can catalogue this project. :9:

Thank you, and have a nice weekend, everyone

Sonia