[FORTNIGHTLY POEM] The Rubinstein Staccato Etude

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

RajVO wrote: October 19th, 2018, 10:11 am Michele, any idea why there's no weekly poem this week?
Or am i missing it?
There was no Weekly this week Raj, we were out of town a couple of days and then both our granddaughters (1 & 3 yrs) were over for an extended weekend. :shock:
(New Weekly is now posted in the Launch Pad. )
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Tomas. Your rendition is PL OK.

Okay, David, the MW is in order and ready to go. Please notice the Summary has been changed from the original, so please use the newest one.

Thanks to everyone who participated. :clap: :clap:
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Michele and all readers for this Fortnightly Poem. :clap:

This project is now complete!
All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
https://librivox.org/the-rubinstein-staccato-etude-by-r-nathaniel-dett/
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
msfry

Post by msfry »

msfry wrote: October 20th, 2018, 11:51 am
msfry wrote: October 12th, 2018, 9:55 am
Aurochs wrote: October 11th, 2018, 11:30 am This is my attempt, coming in at 1:08.
This is my first recording so would really appreciate any feedback! Particularly; is the volume ok? I feel lke it may be on the quiet side.
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/etude_dett_eib_128kb.mp3

It is a fantastic poem though, really enjoyed it.
Your reading is very good, Ed. I can tell you enjoyed it. It is PL OK, except your volume does indeed check out (on our Checker program) at 79.6, far below our recommended volume. This can be corrected in Audacity by going Effects/Amplify/+9.5. (LV's optimum volume is 89). Please amplify and resubmit your recording, and let me know you've done that. It's best to let the people over at the 1-minute test know what software and hardware you are using, and they can advise you how best to set up your equipment for more volume, gain, etc.

Also, as this is your first recording, I will need you to choose a Catalog Name that you want to appear in our Catalog of completed projects. This can be your Real Name, your username, or anything else you'd like to be searchable by. I use Michele Fry in the catalog so my friends and family can easily find me using LV's Search feature, and msfry as my username. It's your choice, but once chosen, can't be changed on catalogued material.
Ed, tomorrow is the closing of this project, and I haven't heard from you. Please read the above, and follow the directions if you wish to be included in the catalog. Otherwise I will have to delete your offering, which I don't want to do. Please stay with us and become part of the LV team.

With your permission, I could fix your volume issue myself. Then all you would have to do is provide me with a catalog name.
David, having never heard back from Ed on the above, I erased all the data from the MW, except I could not actually delete the line. I see it is now showing in the collection, but the piece is not PL OK, and there is as yet no catalog name chosen.