(Complete) Children's Short Works, Vol. 027 - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MajorToast
Posts: 72
Joined: November 10th, 2018, 12:55 am
Contact:

Post by MajorToast » December 1st, 2018, 9:08 pm

Please use MajorToast. I tried a "de-esser" and it helped but did not eliminate some of it. I will work on it some more, and thank you.

NemoR
Posts: 2183
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: The Present

Post by NemoR » December 1st, 2018, 9:31 pm

Hi Maria!

Here are 3 short ones for the collection!

The Night of the Stolen Treasure
RETOLD BY MARIE H. FRARY AND CHARLES M. STEBBINS
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/58185/58185-h/58185-h.htm#Page_101
Length: 6:15
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw027_nightstolentreasure_nr_128kb.mp3


The Water Sprites
RETOLD BY MARIE H. FRARY AND CHARLES M. STEBBINS
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/58185/58185-h/58185-h.htm#Page_106
Length: 3:37
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw027_watersprites_nr_128kb.mp3


The Giant Maiden
RETOLD BY MARIE H. FRARY AND CHARLES M. STEBBINS
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/58185/58185-h/58185-h.htm#Page_109
Length: 5:02
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw027_giantmaiden_nr_128kb.mp3
Nemo

"I find I cannot exist without Poetry—without eternal Poetry—half the day will not do—the whole of it—I began with a little, but habit has made me a Leviathan."

MajorToast
Posts: 72
Joined: November 10th, 2018, 12:55 am
Contact:

Post by MajorToast » December 2nd, 2018, 10:33 am

This sounds a little better.
Hope this fits here. A small collection of short children's poems. ( I now see this was read in vol. 14)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw027_funandnonsense_mt_128kb.mp3

Fun and Nonsense by Willard Bonte ( 1873-1946 )

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/11095/11095-h/11095-h.htm

5:22 length, 4.92 MB

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9559
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State

Post by m8b1 » December 3rd, 2018, 12:04 pm

NemoR wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 9:31 pm
Hi Maria!

Here are 3 short ones for the collection!

The Night of the Stolen Treasure
RETOLD BY MARIE H. FRARY AND CHARLES M. STEBBINS
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/58185/58185-h/58185-h.htm#Page_101
Length: 6:15
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw027_nightstolentreasure_nr_128kb.mp3


The Water Sprites
RETOLD BY MARIE H. FRARY AND CHARLES M. STEBBINS
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/58185/58185-h/58185-h.htm#Page_106
Length: 3:37
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw027_watersprites_nr_128kb.mp3


The Giant Maiden
RETOLD BY MARIE H. FRARY AND CHARLES M. STEBBINS
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/58185/58185-h/58185-h.htm#Page_109
Length: 5:02
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw027_giantmaiden_nr_128kb.mp3
Thank you, Nemo ~ they are all PL OK!

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9559
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State

Post by m8b1 » December 3rd, 2018, 12:06 pm

MajorToast wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 10:33 am
This sounds a little better.
Hope this fits here. A small collection of short children's poems. ( I now see this was read in vol. 14)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw027_funandnonsense_mt_128kb.mp3

Fun and Nonsense by Willard Bonte ( 1873-1946 )

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/11095/11095-h/11095-h.htm

5:22 length, 4.92 MB
Yes, it definitely sounds much better! :-)

It is PL OK!

Here is a link to your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/12948

RuthP
Posts: 91
Joined: November 27th, 2018, 7:54 am

Post by RuthP » December 11th, 2018, 8:21 am

This is my contribution.
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw027_theduckpond_rp_128kb.mp3

Name of story: The duck pond
Author: Mrs W K Clifford (1846 - 1929)
Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/30272/30272-h/30272-h.htm#Page_86
Length: 2:55
Size 2.8 mb

Hope that all is OK

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9559
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State

Post by m8b1 » December 11th, 2018, 8:37 am

Thank you, Ruth! It is PL OK!

Could you let me know what name you would like to use for your catalog page? It can be your real name, forum name, pseudonym, etc. Whatever you prefer. We can also link to a personal website or blog.

Welcome to Librivox and have fun! :D

RuthP
Posts: 91
Joined: November 27th, 2018, 7:54 am

Post by RuthP » December 11th, 2018, 8:48 am

Thank you,
I enjoyed doing this.
Could you put my name as Ruth P.

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9559
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State

Post by m8b1 » December 11th, 2018, 8:50 am

Certainly ~ here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/12963

It is a good way to keep track of what you have completed and signed up for!

lurcherlover
Posts: 753
Joined: November 10th, 2016, 3:54 am
Location: LONDON UK

Post by lurcherlover » December 20th, 2018, 6:11 am

MajorToast wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 9:08 pm
Please use MajorToast. I tried a "de-esser" and it helped but did not eliminate some of it. I will work on it some more, and thank you.
I notice a certain amount of sibilance on your recording in which the reading is very good.

It might be an idea to move the mic angle slightly but not too much. You could also try a little more distance from the mic, perhaps an extra 3 or 4 inches. (You may nned a tiny bit more gain then). The other idea would be use use a "pop filter" or a foam cover if the mic came with one. Some mics are prone to more sibilance than others. You could also tame this with EQ but you probably need help and more experience to do this.

lurcherlover
Posts: 753
Joined: November 10th, 2016, 3:54 am
Location: LONDON UK

Post by lurcherlover » December 21st, 2018, 9:47 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw027_peterrabbit_pt_128kb.mp3

Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter (1866-1943)

Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/14838/14838-h/14838-h.htm

Duration: 7:12
6.92MB

Thought I would try a children's book for a change!

Peter

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9559
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State

Post by m8b1 » December 21st, 2018, 1:25 pm

Thank you, Peter ~ it is PL OK! :-)

MajorToast
Posts: 72
Joined: November 10th, 2018, 12:55 am
Contact:

Post by MajorToast » December 22nd, 2018, 9:18 am

lurcherlover wrote:
December 20th, 2018, 6:11 am
MajorToast wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 9:08 pm
Please use MajorToast. I tried a "de-esser" and it helped but did not eliminate some of it. I will work on it some more, and thank you.
I notice a certain amount of sibilance on your recording in which the reading is very good.

It might be an idea to move the mic angle slightly but not too much. You could also try a little more distance from the mic, perhaps an extra 3 or 4 inches. (You may nned a tiny bit more gain then). The other idea would be use use a "pop filter" or a foam cover if the mic came with one. Some mics are prone to more sibilance than others. You could also tame this with EQ but you probably need help and more experience to do this.
Thank you Peter, I actually think it was from over processing. When I turned DOWN the sensitivty of the click remover, it went away. I invite you to listen to anything I have recorded since this. Ken

lurcherlover
Posts: 753
Joined: November 10th, 2016, 3:54 am
Location: LONDON UK

Post by lurcherlover » December 22nd, 2018, 11:13 am

Hi MajorToast

Did you mean "click remover" or maybe "clip remover?"

I think it best to have a few dB headroom when recording which means your highest peaks will be around -6dB or even safer -10dB. You can then amplify the file in Audacity (or whatever) to about -3 or -4dB in post production.

I don't think it is possible to save peaks that have peaked over 0 dB and are distorted, with a clip remover.

I will try and listen to one of your new recordings.

It's great that you are taking so much trouble to get good quality recordings.

Peter

lurcherlover
Posts: 753
Joined: November 10th, 2016, 3:54 am
Location: LONDON UK

Post by lurcherlover » December 23rd, 2018, 7:23 am

The Tale of Benjamin Bunny by Beatrix Potter (1866-1943)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw027_benjaminbunny_pt_128kb.mp3
Duration: 8:11
7.86MB

Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/582/pg582.html

Peter

Post Reply