[NON-FICTION] Story of a Loaf of Bread, T. B. Wood - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

ThorntonText wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 4:05 pm I had a hard time matching the audio with the updates in Reaper, and ended up re-recording the preface and chapter in Audacity. There's still a vague metallic-ness I can't seem to get rid of in Audacity, but this version is a lot cleaner and corrects the earlier mistakes. Running before I learned to walk. Sorry for wasting your time, if there are any corrections or updates please let me know.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/loafofbread_01_wood_128kb.mp3
Oh dear, I am sorry for the extra work! What is the running time of the new version, please?
Leni
=================
ThorntonText

Post by ThorntonText »

Apologies are all mine, this was entirely self-inflicted, I got caught up in building a booth and taking a Udemy course that emphasised Reaper, but couldn't go back to do the basics...running before I could walk. Sorry for delaying the project, the new running time is 23:53.
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

No worries, I will re-listen and get it wrapped up.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Chapter 1 PL Notes:

--Volume is 83.5 db -- the target range is 86-92 db. You can use the Amplify function in Audacity to increase it enough to hit the right range. (Personally I usually aim for 88-90 but anywhere 86-92 works).

--15:15 -- extra "be" -- "it cannot be profitably be carried" ("be" in italics is not in the original text)

--18:16 -- "solidified" sounds like "solified"

--21:30 -- extra "only" -- "each crop only comes on the same field only once in four years"

Otherwise, sounds great!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

ColleenMc wrote: January 10th, 2019, 7:19 pm Chapter 1 PL Notes:

--Volume is 83.5 db -- the target range is 86-92 db. You can use the Amplify function in Audacity to increase it enough to hit the right range. (Personally I usually aim for 88-90 but anywhere 86-92 works).

--15:15 -- extra "be" -- "it cannot be profitably be carried" ("be" in italics is not in the original text)

--21:30 -- extra "only" -- "each crop only comes on the same field only once in four years"

Otherwise, sounds great!

Colleen
Thanks, Colleen!
Leni
=================
ThorntonText

Post by ThorntonText »

Thanks for the updated notes. I edited out the extra words, and rerecorded the sentence with "solidified". I still have trouble matching up new recordings to old ones, I need to work on my workflows to see what I'm doing wrong. I also used Amplify to increase the volume to 86.1, it was hit and miss going back and forth to try to get it within the right range, and any more than that seemed to distort it too much. The updated file is below, and the new length is 23.52. Thanks again for your patience with my learning process.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/loafofbread_01_wood_128kb.mp3

ColleenMc wrote: January 10th, 2019, 7:19 pm Chapter 1 PL Notes:

Otherwise, sounds great!

Colleen
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Nicely fixed! Section 1 is PL OK and this book is ready to go out the door! Nice work, y'all!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Karl, jenno, Linda, realisticspeakers, Kathleen, mpcarlisle, Colleen, and Leni;

Thank you for sharing your time and talents.

This project is in the Librivox Catalog: https://librivox.org/the-story-of-a-loaf-of-bread-by-thomas-barlow-wood/

David O
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Ok, that was FAST! I saw Colleen had posted the PL notes yesterday, and now I went to look for the thread and it was gone! I seriously looked through the forums about five times until I found it here. I was feeling like I was going insane :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you all for the help, glad to see this one catalogued. It is my first completed BC project since I came back to Librivox after a hiatus of about three years. :clap:
Leni
=================
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

You did a great job with it, Leni! Thanks for making my first DPL job so easy, as well!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon