COMPLETE: Shakespeare Monologues Collection 002 - AF/ec

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

This audiobook is now complete and available to download from our catalogue page:
http://librivox.org/shakespeare-monologues-volume-2/

Summary:LibriVox readers present the second collection of monologues from Shakespeare's plays. Containing 15 parts.
<P>William Shakespeare (April 26, 1564 – April 23, 1616) remains widely to be considered the single greatest playwright of all time. He wrote in such a variety of genres - tragedy, comedy, romance, &c - that there is always at least one monologue in each of his plays. Some of these teach a lesson, some simply characterize Shakespeare at his best, some are funny, some sad, but all are very moving. Each monologue will touch everybody differently. Some people will be so moved by a particular monologue that they will want to record it.

and back by popular demand:
Shakespeare Monologues, William Shakespeare (collection #2).
  1. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
    1) Find the monologue that you want to record. 2) Claim it here by posting below, I will then enter that into the database. 3) Record! 4) Read the rest of this post for more details.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    Target completion date of this project: 6/17/07 – but try to send your recordings as soon as you can. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it’ll go back to the pool. There’s no shame in this; we’re all volunteers and things happen.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Shakespeare's Monologues; this is great site but if you have another place thats great too.

BC link
  5. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  6. DURING recording:
    Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "[Title of Monologue] from [Play title, act ##, scene ##]. This is a LibriVox recording. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • End by saying:
      "End of [Title of Monologue] from [Play title, act ##, scene ##]. This recording is in the public domain.
    If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  7. AFTER recording:
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    [monologuetitleinoneword]_[playnameinoneword]_act##_scene##.mp3 (all lower-case). Ex: (dowenotbleed_merchant_3_1.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/WhatIsID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: [Monologue Title] - [play title]
    Artist: William Shakespeare
    Album: Shakespeare Monologues

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.

b]Transfer of files (completed recordings)[/b]
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    In order of preference:-
    I'll need the following information from you when you submit a recording:
    • your name/pseudonym as you want to appear in the LibriVox catalog, and your website URL if you like. These are only necessary if this is your first LibriVox recording.
    • the file size of your .mp3 file.
Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
Last edited by Shurtagal on June 18th, 2007, 6:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Have you always wanted to act? Well Now you Can!! My Projects
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

To keep things organized:
Caeristhiona wrote: "Quality of Mercy" is uploaded. Quick, start a new one! I want to do "Now is the winter of our discontent"!
Michi wrote: Winter's Tale

III ii 16
Since what I am to say must be but that
Which contradicts my accusation

III ii 90

Sir, spare your threats:
The bug which you would fright me with I seek.

I have played the role and really love these two monologues ( and they are the continuation of the same scene)

this is such a great project - i was so excited to find this site and see this posted in the forums
Jestermedia

Post by Jestermedia »

Aha! Volume 2. Superb.

OK can I put my claim in for Bottom's "Sweet Moon I thank thee for thy sunny beams". It's an intercut piece - do you want me to get someone to chip in the other few lines?

I'd put my name forward for about a dozen more but it's only fair that I let other people do so particularly given the popularity of volume 1!

cheers,

Simon
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

you got it. I'm not sure what to do about that, you could get someone to help or you could just change your voice.
Jestermedia wrote:I'd put my name forward for about a dozen more but it's only fair that I let other people do so particularly given the popularity of volume 1!
Thats very honorable of you. given the popularity I'm sure we will have many more collections.
Jestermedia

Post by Jestermedia »

Shurtagal wrote:you got it. I'm not sure what to do about that, you could get someone to help or you could just change your voice.
Anyone fancy chipping in Theseus' and Hippolyta's lines? There's next to nothing to them. If not, don't worry, I'll sort it at this end.

cheers,

Simon
Jestermedia

Post by Jestermedia »

Actually can I be completely dishonourable and put in a claim for one more? And then I promise I'll shut up - until volume 3 any way.....

Henry V was the first Shakespearean role I ever played and my favourite speech every night was "Upon the King". It contrasts nicely with Bottom so would you mind if I did that as well? Feel free to tell me to put it on the backburner until Volume 3 if you want.

cheers,

Simon
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

If no one else has nabbed this by tomorrow, I'll MC it.

One thing to bear in mind: If you have slow readers in volume 1, you could swap them around with completed readings in vol 2, so we don't have two running concurrently.

David
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

Simon - That sounds great.

YAY David.
earthcalling wrote:One thing to bear in mind: If you have slow readers in volume 1, you could swap them around with completed readings in vol 2, so we don't have two running concurrently.
Yeah I'll definitely do that.
Last edited by Shurtagal on March 30th, 2007, 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

For this one I will be doing Hamelet's speech to the Players. Hamlet III, II. It will be good practice and rehearsal as I have to memorize it for drama class.

This bit is also intercut by one character - First Player - with two lines,
first player wrote:I warrant your honour.
and
first player wrote:I hope we have reformed that indifferently with us.
. Anyone up for doing those quick recordings for me? Please?
Last edited by Shurtagal on April 1st, 2007, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I don't want to be to greedy, since I contributed to volume 1, but I'd love to do Anne's speech from Richard III, Act 1 Scene 2. And I thought it would be interesting to combine it with her later speech from Act 4 Scene 1, since the two go together really nicely. Texts are here:

http://www.mirroruptonature.com/shakespeare-monologues/female/r3-1-2-1-ladyanne.pdf

http://www.mirroruptonature.com/shakespeare-monologues/female/r3-4-1-57-ladyanne.pdf

I could do them both as one sound file. Let me know what you think.
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

Sounds good Gloriana, definitely two files.

David can you still BC?
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Sure can do. Will set up the d'base thingy later today.
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

Yay thanks David, I just counted and we all ready have 8 requests.
BaruMonkey

Post by BaruMonkey »

I've already recorded Mercutio's "Queen Mab" speech from Librivox's Romeo and Juliet recording :-)

I'll be glad to re-edit it with a new opening and closing.
[b][size=67][url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/AndrewLebrun]BaruMonkey's LV Wiki[/url][/size][/b]
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

That'd be great BaruMonkey.