[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 9 (Part I) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent, Jason, thank you :) Rustum is really a tragic character. And the poem is LONG ! :shock: I think it's the longest of this project. here it is assembled:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_08_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 26:39 min.

The Lover in Echo is also PL ok. This will give Foon some nice material to put her echo to. :thumbs:
Foon: I guess you will do the editing immediately when you do your part ?

Four last poems...can we do it before Christmas ?

Thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: December 20th, 2018, 1:52 am The Lover in Echo is also PL ok. This will give Foon some nice material to put her echo to. :thumbs:
Foon: I guess you will do the editing immediately when you do your part ?
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_50_various_128kb.mp3 1:54
Yes, I edited my part in right away!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: December 20th, 2018, 7:05 am Yes, I edited my part in right away!
great, I thought you might, thanks, Foon !

Only one solo and 2 DR roles needed. This is promising :9:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote: December 21st, 2018, 3:17 am Only one solo and 2 DR roles needed. This is promising :9:
Yes, I pray we get them in before Christmas. I would so love to have this out by then. I hope Jason will hustle and make that happen for us! :)
Tomas Peter
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 9:28 pm Here are 2 more.
wonderful, Jason, thank you so much. Marzio is really excellently tragic :thumbs: I have assembled the whole play just now and you all sound great together. 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_14_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 13:35 min.

Now there's only one single DR role left. I'm confident now that you can finish before Christmas :9: Of course then I'm not sure if Anthony will have time to PL the rest. But I'm hoping this can be archived before the New Year. Would be cool to have the project on our list for accomplished projects in 2018.

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Are we starting the next project or retiring until 2019?
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 7:58 am Are we starting the next project or retiring until 2019?
retiring a bit definitely. :lol: I haven't colour-coded the new DRs yet. (there are MANY :shock: ) I guess we'll be starting in January, maybe second week. You'll definitely get a PM when it's happening.

Enjoy the festivities and a good start into 2019 !

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I will record the last one as soon as I get.home from work today.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

jasonb

Post by jasonb »

and here it is

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_20_jason_128kb.mp3

sorry for the delay. I know we have been wanting to put this one to bed.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 11:00 pm and here it is
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_20_jason_128kb.mp3
sorry for the delay. I know we have been wanting to put this one to bed.
wonderful, Jason, thank you so much. :clap: Your part was PL ok and so I immediately pasted it all together. Another long epos, almost as long as Slaying of Sohrab.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_20_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 26:10 min.

Now only a few PL jobs and then this is archived. :9: I PMed Anthony to ask if he has time till the end of the year. If not, maybe I can count on some help to PL the final sections ourselves. I can check the solos (15 & 56) and the DR I didn't assemble myself (50), but was hoping for some help in checking my own editing jobs (8, 14 & 20). I would love to bring this on the finishing list for 2018. But let's wait until we hear back from Anthony.

Thank you all for your great performances, Craig, Foon, Jason, Leanne and Tomas (oh and myself as well :mrgreen: ) and thanks to Anthony for the great PL jobs once more. :thumbs:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

All right, I did hear back from Anthony. He wanted to try to PL in good time but it's Christmas and he couldn't promise anything, understandably. So to make it easy for him, I will proceed PLing Jason's two solos (15 & 56) and Foon's editing job of Echo (50).

Anyone volunteering to help with my 3 DR assemblies (8, 14 & 20) ? :help: I know they're quite long, so I could understand if you only want to volunteer for one, but every bit helps. Please post here if you want to do check one, so the work won't get done double.

Thank you all

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jason, your Fra Giacomo was very well narrated :thumbs: you have the cool calculating jealous murdering husband well portrayed. :shock: There was a bit of a ringing background sound at 6:28, but I know you don't have much time and the sentence is perfectly understandable despite this, so I'll mark it PL ok. :clap:

Paddy is also PL ok. And Foon, you have assembled Echo very expertly and the echo sounds really great after Jason's lines. This is also PL ok. :thumbs:

Sonia