[COMPLETE] The Suppressed Poems of Alfred Lord Tennyson - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

ellies wrote: October 1st, 2018, 6:54 am Hi Foon, may I please claim section 21!
thanks
ellies
All yours, thanks for claiming :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
OtterMaddness

Post by OtterMaddness »

Hi there!

Could I get on the list for 19, 26, and 27 please?

Thanks!
Foon

Post by Foon »

OtterMaddness wrote: October 2nd, 2018, 11:22 am Hi there!

Could I get on the list for 19, 26, and 27 please?

Thanks!
You're welcome to read these sections! Before I can properly assign them to you, I'll need to know under what name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalog. We can also link to a personal website/blog if you'd like.

I see you've posted a 1-min test already, it would be good to wait for feedback on that before you start recording for real; for example if you have some recording settings that are incompatible with LV, it's a lot easier to fix them on a short test than on a proper recording!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
OtterMaddness

Post by OtterMaddness »

Foon wrote: October 2nd, 2018, 11:35 am
You're welcome to read these sections! Before I can properly assign them to you, I'll need to know under what name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalog. We can also link to a personal website/blog if you'd like.

I see you've posted a 1-min test already, it would be good to wait for feedback on that before you start recording for real; for example if you have some recording settings that are incompatible with LV, it's a lot easier to fix them on a short test than on a proper recording!
Being listed as 'OtterMaddness' works just fine for me. I don't have a personal site for linking, so that's all good as well.

And yup! Waiting for some feedback to get my recording dialed in. Just super excited to line up a couple of less-intense projects to dig into once I'm in the zone.

Really looking forward to it, thanks!
Foon

Post by Foon »

Great! I've signed you up--you now have a personal catalog page which can be found here: https://librivox.org/reader/12813
I can't listen right now, but I'll try to keep an eye on your test and check it when I can. :)

Readers needed:
KCCrues

Post by KCCrues »

Foon wrote: October 1st, 2018, 2:13 am
KCCrues wrote: September 30th, 2018, 1:21 pm Hello! This is my first time doing this so I'm still learning. :D I'd like to do numbers 32 (Sonnet 'oh beauty, passing beauty') and 52 (The Ringlet)
Hi!
Thanks for your interest in the project! I've reserved these poems for you for know. However, before you get started, please start with completing a 1-minute test. This is not an audition, but rather, a way to make sure you have all your settings up to LV standards--which is easier to do on a short test recording than on a full section! The instructions for it can be found here:
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Additionally, I would need to know under what name or pseudonym you'd like to be listed in the catalog.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Foon

Ok, will do! :thumbs: Thanks sooo much! I can't wait to get started! :mrgreen:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ooops! Slipped a gear on my DPL duties here. :shock:
I'll have them all done this evening.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Gypsymo4 wrote: September 28th, 2018, 6:10 am Hi! Here it is, I hope its decent for a first timer, eek :shock:
It took awhile to stop feeling nervous. Please let me know what I can improve upon.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/suppressedpoems_20_tennyson_128kb.mp3

2:36
Sorry for the delay.
This is a fine reading, but just one important technical issue to care of.
The volume quite too low at only 81.0 dB. Our target is 89 dB with a range of 86 - 92 dB.
If you are using Audacity, just use the Amplification feature and set it of 8db and it should be okay.
Upload the corrected version with the same name, and then post a not here so I can check it.
This one could also use some noise reduction.
Last edited by silverquill on October 3rd, 2018, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ren33 wrote: September 21st, 2018, 8:22 am O Darling Room - complete
Recording (00:59)

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/suppressedpoems_37_tennyson.mp3
Welcome!
Just one technical issue to take care of.
Your volume is a bit too high at 92.1 dB Our LV target is 89 dB with a range of 86 - 92 dB. This is only slightly over, so we could probably let it slide, but it would be better if you could correct it. If you are using Audacity, just use the Amplify feature and set it to -3 dB and it should come in about right. If you do this, submit the corrected file with the same name and post a note here.

Hope to hear much more of you on LV!
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

PL OK!
Thanks, Jude.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ren33 wrote: September 24th, 2018, 6:15 am Thanks for the corrections, Foon.

Here is the new file with the adjustments made:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/suppressedpoems_37_tennyson_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if there is anything else to correct.

- Erin -
Just a couple of small things to attend to -- need some adjustments on the opening and ending periods of silence. At the beginning, no more than one second. You have two. Also a lot of noise in there, esp the loud click at the beginning. The end should be about five seconds, and yours is about six and a half, also with a click at the end. This length is not as critical, but trimming it to 5 secs. Is easy to do.

Just upload your corrected file and post a note here with the new file length so I can check it.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

msfry wrote: September 28th, 2018, 2:01 pm Sections 6 and 23 are uploaded. Interesting vignettes and snippets. Let me know if the intros aren't to your liking.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/suppressedpoems_23_tennyson_128kb.mp3 1:28

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/suppressedpoems_06_tennyson_128kb.mp3 1:33
PL OK, Michele!
~ Larry
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

Sections 46 and 47, please.
Mike
ellies

Post by ellies »

Hi, may I claim 53,55 and 56 please
thanks

ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018