[COMPLETE] The Suppressed Poems of Alfred Lord Tennyson - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ellies

Post by ellies »

"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Ellies--and thanks for tackling the long sections!!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
bdanzige

Post by bdanzige »

bdanzige wrote: October 9th, 2018, 1:50 am
silverquill wrote: October 8th, 2018, 9:57 pm
bdanzige wrote: October 6th, 2018, 1:57 pm Section 48 ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/suppressedpoems_48_tennyson_128kb.mp3
Thanks for your recording.

Just one major issue: The bit rate is incorrect. You have this at - 120 kbps (variable) 44,100 Hz Mono
Please export it again at 128kbps constant.
You might also like to take care of the loud click right at the beginning of your recording.
Here it is. I think I fixed it now.

Plus, about section 35. In the magic window you wrote that I need to look at the PL notes but I see no PL notes about it.
?
bdanzige
Foon

Post by Foon »

bdanzige wrote: October 14th, 2018, 7:52 am
Plus, about section 35. In the magic window you wrote that I need to look at the PL notes but I see no PL notes about it.
?
I can't find it either. I'll put it on "ready for PL" so Larry definitely sees it; maybe he has notes that weren't posted.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
bdanzige

Post by bdanzige »

Foon wrote: October 14th, 2018, 10:02 am
?
I can't find it either. I'll put it on "ready for PL" so Larry definitely sees it; maybe he has notes that weren't posted.
Thank you!
bdanzige
ellies

Post by ellies »

Foon wrote: October 14th, 2018, 5:33 am Thank you Ellies--and thanks for tackling the long sections!!
My pleasure! It was an interesting read!
ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

silverquill wrote: October 8th, 2018, 9:57 pm

Thanks for your recording.

Just one major issue: The bit rate is incorrect. You have this at - 120 kbps (variable) 44,100 Hz Mono
Please export it again at 128kbps constant.
You might also like to take care of the loud click right at the beginning of your recording.
Here it is. I think I fixed it now.

?
Both 35 and 48 are still in the incorrect bit rate.
Let me know if you need help with this.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ellies wrote: October 14th, 2018, 2:09 am section 55 is ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/suppressedpoems_55_tennyson_128kb.mp3 34:09

thanks
ellies
A challenging poem.

I started the PL, and then got to a section I think you had forgotten to edit (it is also quite a lower volume than the rest)
Here are the notes that I started to make, but stopped the PL. You might want to go over this section again to edit, check volume and resubmit.

11:35 Stumble, repeat “It seemed t – it seemed to keep its sweetness”
11:56 repeat, “but rest . . .”
12:05 repeat, “that brought him to the light . . .”
12:30-32 longish gap ?
12:39 click
13:27 repeat, “and whene’er….”
13:43 Text, “And well I could have linger'd in that porch,”
I hear, “And well I should have linger'd in that porch,”
14:09 Repeat, “the first daisy”
15:15 Repeat, “And breathless body”
16:35 Repeat, “ever drew from thence”
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Larry!

Readers needed:
ellies

Post by ellies »

silverquill wrote: October 15th, 2018, 7:53 am
ellies wrote: October 14th, 2018, 2:09 am section 55 is ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/suppressedpoems_55_tennyson_128kb.mp3 34:09

thanks
ellies
A challenging poem.

I started the PL, and then got to a section I think you had forgotten to edit (it is also quite a lower volume than the rest)
Here are the notes that I started to make, but stopped the PL. You might want to go over this section again to edit, check volume and resubmit.

11:35 Stumble, repeat “It seemed t – it seemed to keep its sweetness”
11:56 repeat, “but rest . . .”
12:05 repeat, “that brought him to the light . . .”
12:30-32 longish gap ?
12:39 click
13:27 repeat, “and whene’er….”
13:43 Text, “And well I could have linger'd in that porch,”
I hear, “And well I should have linger'd in that porch,”
14:09 Repeat, “the first daisy”
15:15 Repeat, “And breathless body”
16:35 Repeat, “ever drew from thence”
no problem, I will go through it again, edit and re -post.
thanks
ellies
KCCrues

Post by KCCrues »

Hello, I apologize that I haven’t been able to do the test. I’m trying to fix some technical issues with my setup. I hope to work on something with you soon once I get it up and working... in the future. I’m working through Garage Band program and there’s a lot to figure out since the site mostly explains Audacity. Do you have any advice?
Foon

Post by Foon »

KCCrues wrote: October 15th, 2018, 9:56 am Hello, I apologize that I haven’t been able to do the test. I’m trying to fix some technical issues with my setup. I hope to work on something with you soon once I get it up and working... in the future. I’m working through Garage Band program and there’s a lot to figure out since the site mostly explains Audacity. Do you have any advice?
I personally know nothing about Garage Band, sorry... So my advice would be, install Audacity :lol: The software is completely free and (in my opinion as an audio noon) very intuitive to use; and since pretty much everyone uses it here, you'll be able to get a lot of advice on any issues you might have!

Readers needed:
KCCrues

Post by KCCrues »

Foon wrote: October 15th, 2018, 12:17 pm
KCCrues wrote: October 15th, 2018, 9:56 am Hello, I apologize that I haven’t been able to do the test. I’m trying to fix some technical issues with my setup. I hope to work on something with you soon once I get it up and working... in the future. I’m working through Garage Band program and there’s a lot to figure out since the site mostly explains Audacity. Do you have any advice?
I personally know nothing about Garage Band, sorry... So my advice would be, install Audacity :lol: The software is completely free and (in my opinion as an audio noon) very intuitive to use; and since pretty much everyone uses it here, you'll be able to get a lot of advice on any issues you might have!
The issue is that I have to record on iOS and there’s no Audacity for iOS. I rigged up my studio mic to work with it since my computer is WAY too loud to record through it in my current available recording environment. I’ll figure it out though. :thumbs:
Gypsymo4

Post by Gypsymo4 »

Foon

Post by Foon »

KCCrues wrote: October 15th, 2018, 1:20 pm
The issue is that I have to record on iOS and there’s no Audacity for iOS. I rigged up my studio mic to work with it since my computer is WAY too loud to record through it in my current available recording environment. I’ll figure it out though. :thumbs:
Ahh I see. One thing you could consider doing, if you haven't thought of that, is recording on your phone, but then transferring the file to your computer to edit.
If you need help, it might be beneficial to create a post in the "Need help?" forum--more people will see it there and hopefully have some more specific advice. :)

Readers needed: