COMPLETE: Poems by T.S. Eliot -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bdanzige

Post by bdanzige »

bluechien wrote: October 29th, 2018, 4:58 pm Well, with all this heavy lifting being done, time to get this in too:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/poems_24_eliot_128kb.mp3 1:47
PL OK. LOved your idea for reading together :D
bdanzige
bdanzige

Post by bdanzige »

bdanzige
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

bdanzige wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 10:08 am
All four are PL OK. Thank you very much!
Thank you! :clap:
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
Foon

Post by Foon »

Mfassio wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 5:51 pm Here is 21!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/poems_21_eliot_128kb.mp3 [1:39]
Thank you! :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
bdanzige

Post by bdanzige »

Mfassio wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 5:51 pm Here is 21!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/poems_21_eliot_128kb.mp3 [1:39]
PL OK! :clap:
bdanzige
bdanzige

Post by bdanzige »

silverquill wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 4:47 am This took a loooong time to upload last night and its less than a minute long! But, here it is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/poems_18_eliot_128kb.mp3 0:47
PL OK. Thank you!
bdanzige
Foon

Post by Foon »

Excellent, thank you! That means we're complete :clap:

Thank you Larry, Matt, Eva, Linda, Farnood, Nemo, and Michael, for lending your wonderful voices to this project! :9:

Thank you bdanzige for PLing!

Thank you Jo for setting this up--and in advance, for cataloguing :D

Great job everyone! :thumbs:

Readers needed:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations All on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/poems-by-t-s-eliot/
Jo
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Jo! :clap:

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Jo, I noticed that the multilingual info (i.e. which poems are in french) didn't make it to the catalog page. Might still be worth adding, if that's possible?

Readers needed:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Where was that information entered? If it is in the metadata for the sections, then that only shows on the catalog page if the project is cataloged as a collection. We don't normally do that for single books. It can be added to the titles or in listed in the summary, but I would think it's fairly obvious from the titles themselves. How about if I change the summary to read

This collection of 24 contains some of T. S. Eliot's earlier work in both French and English. - Summary by Foon
Jo
Foon

Post by Foon »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: September 12th, 2018, 8:17 pm
Foon wrote: September 12th, 2018, 9:00 am For the MC who picks this up: this bundle contains some poems completely in French (as well as various lines/couplets in Latin and Italian). I put the language as "English", but I was wondering if I should do anything to mark those French poems as such?
I'll set this up for you Foon. We can change the language to Multilingual. When you fill in the MW, you can indicate the poems with French, Latin or Italian in the Notes column so prospective readers will know what they getting themselves in for...:) You could also add a sentence in the summary for listeners if you think it's appropriate.

I've left the DPL open since I wasn't sure if Larry was still on board.
Hi Jo,
This was our conversation at the start of the project; I put it in the meta data. But if that's a hassle, adding that summary line would be good too!

Foon

Readers needed:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Foon wrote: November 13th, 2018, 5:26 am
knotyouraveragejo wrote: September 12th, 2018, 8:17 pm
Foon wrote: September 12th, 2018, 9:00 am For the MC who picks this up: this bundle contains some poems completely in French (as well as various lines/couplets in Latin and Italian). I put the language as "English", but I was wondering if I should do anything to mark those French poems as such?
I'll set this up for you Foon. We can change the language to Multilingual. When you fill in the MW, you can indicate the poems with French, Latin or Italian in the Notes column so prospective readers will know what they getting themselves in for...:) You could also add a sentence in the summary for listeners if you think it's appropriate.

I've left the DPL open since I wasn't sure if Larry was still on board.
Hi Jo,
This was our conversation at the start of the project; I put it in the meta data. But if that's a hassle, adding that summary line would be good too!

Foon
The project is listed as Multilingual on the catalog page. I have added to the summary as I suggested in my last post. This is what I was suggesting in the post that you have quoted above as well. See what you think.

https://librivox.org/poems-by-t-s-eliot/
Jo