[COMPLETE][Solo]The Wild Irishman by: T.W.H. Crosland - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GypsySon wrote: May 21st, 2019, 9:32 amHe picked me up to do the prequel as well, that is what im working on now.
:thumbs: cool gig. Yes it's great to have the same reader for the entire series.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Thomas :)

it's been two months again since you last status update. Life still busy with you ? Just let me know shortly what's up, please. (just for the official record ;) )

Have a nice weekend still

Sonia
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Hi Sonia,

I would like to finish this book if I may.

john
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

johnb2 wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 1:39 pm I would like to finish this book if I may.
John, you are in luck, I actually heard back from the reader today via PM, this is his answer in a nutshell:
GypsySon wrote:Please by all means, do hand it off.
So yes, I will proceed with the switch now, all the remaining sections are yours now. I will stay on as DPL. So I look forward to finally hear the rest of the sections :9:

Have fun ! And if there are any questions still, don't hesitate to ask. :)

I'll put you in as BC now so you will have access to the MW. Have you done this already ?

Thank you for your interest and help, John :)

Sonia
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Yes Sonia. I am BC aware. Can do.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

johnb2 wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 1:49 pm Yes Sonia. I am BC aware. Can do.
:thumbs: great, the switch is made, you should have access to the MW now :)

have fun recording. I'm looking forward to your authentic Irish-ness.

Sonia
GypsySon

Post by GypsySon »

Hey guys. Sorry about the hiatus there. Im glad you wanna pick this up John. Especially being Irish. Its perfect irony to have it narrated by an Irishman. Again, sorry for holding it up for so long. Good luck and have fun!
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Hi Sonia

chapter 3 @ 11:55, ready for PL
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Sonia

chapter 4 ready @ 9:20
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

johnb2 wrote:chapter 3 @ 11:55, ready for PL
chapter 4 ready @ 9:20
great to see this project progress again :9: two very interesting sections, thank you so much John. Fluent reading and nice to listen to. :)

Section 4 is already PL ok. :thumbs:

But I have a few notes for section 3:

> at 0:12: right after the disclaimer intro, you forgot to say the chapter title: "Chapter 3: Blarney"

> at 7:14 and 7:24: (Laughter.) - it would be best to read "laughter" and not actually laugh. This is supposed to represent the text as written, it's not a dramatic reading. I don't mind the tone of voice, for example in "grooooans" (you did that really well, I loved it) but at least you also say the word that was written. So at least add the word "laughter" here as well, maybe with a laughing tone of voice if you wish :)

> at 7:36: (cheers) - same here, best say the word that is written, you can well say "cheeeers", but not "yay" or "hurray" as this is a change in text then

thanks and looking forward to some new insights into Irishness.

Sonia
GypsySon

Post by GypsySon »

Lol well, hopefully you dont take his insight to heart. Crosland was apparently not a huge fan of the Irish. Which makes it all the better that it is still being read by an Irishman. Go ahead and scrap my sections. John will reread the couple chapters that I did. Cant wait to hear it!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GypsySon wrote: April 4th, 2020, 12:03 pmGo ahead and scrap my sections. John will reread the couple chapters that I did.
ok if you are sure, I can switch them all to John. Pity, they were really well read. But ok, it's your choice. Thanks for letting me know.

And if you still want to use them, you could slap another intro to them and maybe they could fit in one of the collections, maybe a non-fiction collection, at least the two chapters, not the preface though. But then your efforts wouldn't go to waste :)

John, they are all yours then.

Sonia
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Sonia

Chapter 3 is fixed; new time 11:53
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Sonia

Preface is 2:15, ready
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

johnb2 wrote: April 4th, 2020, 2:39 pm Preface is 2:15, ready
excellent start, thank you, John. Both Preface and Chapter 3 now PL ok :)

Sonia