COMPLETE: The Topaz Story Book by Ada and Eleanor Skinner, eds. - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nedge wrote: September 7th, 2018, 8:50 amHi! It looks like 14 should be 15, and 15 16, but the two (not #7) are switched in terms of silver naming them. I can stick the correct link in the right box, but the numbering will be off (on the url).
yes that is correct, the filename can only be changed by an MC or by reuploading the file with the correct filename. That's why I said you could write a note in the MW for Jo to change it.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nan, I just checked the whole MW and there is still a mix-up in these 4 sections:

13 The King's Candles
14 Lost: The Summer
15 Selection
16 By the Wayside

in the book the correct order would be:

13 Selection
14 Lost: The Summer
15 By the Wayside
16 The King's Candles

You can change the sections by dragging and dropping them to the correct spot.

I see the filenaming is still off. :? We need to change that.

But I see you managed to drag them to the correct spot at least :thumbs:

Sonia
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Okay, we'll get there, Sonia. :)

I didn't see where you told me to message Jo about this. (Learning curve.) I will do that now.

Nan
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nedge wrote: September 7th, 2018, 9:14 am I didn't see where you told me to message Jo about this. (Learning curve.) I will do that now.
probably no need to PM her, I'm sure she'll regularly check her MC threads anyway. I just stepped in right now to explain, because she wasn't online at the moment and I figured it's best I let you know what to do immediately. (to prevent any panic :mrgreen: )

Sonia
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Nedge wrote: September 7th, 2018, 9:14 am Okay, we'll get there, Sonia. :)

I didn't see where you told me to message Jo about this. (Learning curve.) I will do that now.

Nan
Actually, she told me, but I'd not yet done it. I thought we needed to fix our end first, so Jo could see what we meant when she dropped in to fix it.

Sorry, my error.
T
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Kitty wrote: September 7th, 2018, 9:19 am (to prevent any panic :mrgreen: )
TOO LATE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
robinlamb

Post by robinlamb »

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Much confusion ensued over Larry's files, but they are indeed sections 14 and 15 (and were named correctly as such by Larry). Now that the MW is back in the correct order to match the table of contents, I've fixed the assignments and moved the times to the correct sections. From what I can tell from the first few seconds, the intro is missing the section numbers. The status and PL notes need to be updated.

Nan - you might double check with SlickWiggler that "The King's Candles" is the section he intended to claim.

I have to run out for a bit, but will reread through the thread one more time later.
Jo
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Last edited by Nedge on September 7th, 2018, 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GypsySon

Post by GypsySon »

Claim to section 54 please:)
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Gypsyson, you got it -- thank you!

Nan
GypsySon

Post by GypsySon »

SlickWiggler

Post by SlickWiggler »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: September 7th, 2018, 12:42 pm Much confusion ensued over Larry's files, but they are indeed sections 14 and 15 (and were named correctly as such by Larry). Now that the MW is back in the correct order to match the table of contents, I've fixed the assignments and moved the times to the correct sections. From what I can tell from the first few seconds, the intro is missing the section numbers. The status and PL notes need to be updated.

Nan - you might double check with SlickWiggler that "The King's Candles" is the section he intended to claim.

I have to run out for a bit, but will reread through the thread one more time later.
The King's Candles is indeed the one I thought I had claimed. I didn't know there was a mixup. Glad y'all got it sorted! :)

In fact, I just recorded it earlier tonight. Four of my sections are recorded and edited, I'm going to record The Three Golden Apples sometime this weekend.

Section 16:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_16_skinner_128kb.mp3
Length: 5:30

Section 29:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_29_skinner_128kb.mp3
Length: 6:33

Section 42:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_42_skinner_128kb.mp3
Length: 3:35

Section 59:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_59_skinner_128kb.mp3
Length: 1:25
Last edited by SlickWiggler on September 8th, 2018, 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please give me feedback! I'm always trying to improve!

Matt Bounds
livh

Post by livh »

Hello!

Could I please take the Story of the Opal if it's still available?

Many thanks,

Liv
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Liv, done. Thank you!