[COMPLETE]World's Story 4: Greece and Rome - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Fishfish wrote: December 16th, 2018, 9:22 am I think this should be alright now. Thanks again!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_54_tappan_128kb.mp3
15:51
:clap: thank you everything perfectly PL ok now 8-)

We've arrived at the end so: *curtain rises*

Let me wrap this up with a small recapitulation and a traditional thank-you speech, which some of you probably already were expecting :mrgreen: (or maybe dreading :lol: )

Book 4 has been realised by the wonderful help of a total of 32 readers. :thumbs:

Here is the alphabetical list of everyone who played a part, either small or large. A note on the colour-coding: The names in Red are those who have participated in every book so far, those in Blue have been in 3 books already, those in Green have participated in 2 books and those in Black have had their debut here in this one.

adr6090 / alanmapstone / Availle / benderca / bluechien / BurgundyGrace / Calleola / catharmaiden / ColleenMC / Craigos / ehrgeiziges / ewinters / Fishfish / Foon / Hypatia / Kitty / knotyouraveragejo / KTBMedia / mightyfelix / moniaqua / neecheelok70 / NemoR / realisticspeakers / Roger / rpotenza / RufusNight / SaraHale / silverquill / SonOfTheExiles / thestorygirl / ToddHW / WiltedScribe

A special warm welcome to our newbies, some of whom even had their very first section in this project. I hope I hear from all of you again soon:
Calleola, ehrgeiziges, ewinters, Fishfish, Hypatia, KTBMedia, rpotenza and RufusNight. :clap:

And now for the traditional Oscars-nominations:

> the very first PL ok section: half an Oscar goes to Chris (SonOfTheExiles) who handed in his terrific performance of a rabid Diogenes almost as soon as the project was started. :mrgreen: The other half goes to Jim (neecheelok70) who finished the very first PL ok section about Princess Nausicaa and the shipwrecked sailor. Thank you both, guys

> the 50% mark, like in the previous project, was accomplished by April and her beautiful section about the country house of Pliny the Younger. :9: Thank you April

> there were no 100 sections this time, so I plan on giving this trophy to the last finished section, because Ting's speech by Marius to the Roman people is well worth a prize. Thank you, Ting.

> the longest section came in at 44:08 minutes :shock: and was the beautiful story of the Lemnian, done by Jim !

> and the prize for "most sections" also goes to Jim, once more. 16 sections and one participation in a drama, it's well deserved ! :9:

> and as always, a very special thank you to our drama aficionados. For one of the plays I needed no less than 19 different voices and I was hoping I did not have to double up voices. And thanks to the great support and interest, we managed !!! Thank you all so much for helping me realize this feat: Alan, Angelique, April, Chris, Craig, Devorah, Eva, Foon, Jim, Larry, Monika, Nemo, Roger, Sandra, Sarah, TJ, Todd, Tomas (and myself included in the list). A very special thank you once more to Todd, who helped me deal with the tricky editing job again. :9:

> and a final thank you to Basquetteur, who has been sleuthing around to find the best PD artwork yet again to present this audiobook with a worthy CD cover. Thanks Miguel !

Alright...enough of the talk, let me archive this beauty and I'll post the link here as soon as it's done.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ok now this took a long time to upload :shock: but finally here we are:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-worlds-story-volume-iv-greece-and-rome-by-eva-march-tappan/

Thanks again, and see you all in the next book :9:

Moving this to Completed Projects now.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty,
I feel the need to "thank you" for being such a wonderful Mc, without you this project would not have begun.
There are so many adjectives that I could use to describe how helpful you have been and are. Awards to you and applause to no end.
:clap:
April

Kitty wrote: December 16th, 2018, 9:37 am
Fishfish wrote: December 16th, 2018, 9:22 am I think this should be alright now. Thanks again!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_54_tappan_128kb.mp3
15:51
:clap: thank you everything perfectly PL ok now 8-)

We've arrived at the end so: *curtain rises*

Let me wrap this up with a small recapitulation and a traditional thank-you speech, which some of you probably already were expecting :mrgreen: (or maybe dreading :lol: )

Book 4 has been realised by the wonderful help of a total of 32 readers. :thumbs:

Here is the alphabetical list of everyone who played a part, either small or large. A note on the colour-coding: The names in Red are those who have participated in every book so far, those in Blue have been in 3 books already, those in Green have participated in 2 books and those in Black have had their debut here in this one.

adr6090 / alanmapstone / Availle / benderca / bluechien / BurgundyGrace / Calleola / catharmaiden / ColleenMC / Craigos / ehrgeiziges / ewinters / Fishfish / Foon / Hypatia / Kitty / knotyouraveragejo / KTBMedia / mightyfelix / moniaqua / neecheelok70 / NemoR / realisticspeakers / Roger / rpotenza / RufusNight / SaraHale / silverquill / SonOfTheExiles / thestorygirl / ToddHW / WiltedScribe

A special warm welcome to our newbies, some of whom even had their very first section in this project. I hope I hear from all of you again soon:
Calleola, ehrgeiziges, ewinters, Fishfish, Hypatia, KTBMedia, rpotenza and RufusNight. :clap:

And now for the traditional Oscars-nominations:

> the very first PL ok section: half an Oscar goes to Chris (SonOfTheExiles) who handed in his terrific performance of a rabid Diogenes almost as soon as the project was started. :mrgreen: The other half goes to Jim (neecheelok70) who finished the very first PL ok section about Princess Nausicaa and the shipwrecked sailor. Thank you both, guys

> the 50% mark, like in the previous project, was accomplished by April and her beautiful section about the country house of Pliny the Younger. :9: Thank you April

> there were no 100 sections this time, so I plan on giving this trophy to the last finished section, because Ting's speech by Marius to the Roman people is well worth a prize. Thank you, Ting.

> the longest section came in at 44:08 minutes :shock: and was the beautiful story of the Lemnian, done by Jim !

> and the prize for "most sections" also goes to Jim, once more. 16 sections and one participation in a drama, it's well deserved ! :9:

> and as always, a very special thank you to our drama aficionados. For one of the plays I needed no less than 19 different voices and I was hoping I did not have to double up voices. And thanks to the great support and interest, we managed !!! Thank you all so much for helping me realize this feat: Alan, Angelique, April, Chris, Craig, Devorah, Eva, Foon, Jim, Larry, Monika, Nemo, Roger, Sandra, Sarah, TJ, Todd, Tomas (and myself included in the list). A very special thank you once more to Todd, who helped me deal with the tricky editing job again. :9:

> and a final thank you to Basquetteur, who has been sleuthing around to find the best PD artwork yet again to present this audiobook with a worthy CD cover. Thanks Miguel !

Alright...enough of the talk, let me archive this beauty and I'll post the link here as soon as it's done.

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

adr6090 wrote: December 16th, 2018, 5:16 pm Kitty,
I feel the need to "thank you" for being such a wonderful Mc, without you this project would not have begun.
There are so many adjectives that I could use to describe how helpful you have been and are. Awards to you and applause to no end.
:clap:
April
Hear, hear! :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: December 16th, 2018, 5:16 pmThere are so many adjectives that I could use to describe how helpful you have been and are. Awards to you and applause to no end.
awww thank you :oops:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you, Sonia.! :clap: :clap: :clap: