[COMPLETE]World's Story 4: Greece and Rome - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: August 28th, 2018, 4:37 pm Here is 6, one of my favorite scenes in literature, with a wonderful parallel in James Joyce's Ulysses:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_006_tappan_128kb.mp3 20.25 KB
thank you, Jim, will try to PL today, but I have a bit of a backlog at the moment, so please be patient.

Just one thing: we have less than 100 sections in this project, so we only need double digits in the filename: 06, instead of 006. But don't reupload right away, I am PLing first and if there are no errors at all, I will change the number in my folder, no problem :)

Thanks

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks. I want to correct a slight snag anyway, so I will fix the number as well this evening. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: August 29th, 2018, 4:01 am Thanks. I want to correct a slight snag anyway, so I will fix the number as well this evening. Jim
all right, I'm gonna hold off PLing until you reupload. Thanks

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: August 29th, 2018, 4:15 am Here are my roles as The Voice and Third Citizen:
thank you, Foon :9: I am currently using some quiet time to do a few of my own recordings, so please be patient for PL feedback.

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

No worries, take your time :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Calleola

Post by Calleola »

May I claim #84?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Calleola wrote: August 29th, 2018, 10:40 am May I claim #84?
hello Calleola, welcome to the project. :) I see you freshly passed your one-minute-test, so you're ready to roll.

I can sign you up for Section 84. Good choice to start with a smaller section in the beginning :thumbs: All the details for the correct file-naming and LV intro and outro disclaimer (in your case that would be the FULL disclaimer), see the first post, right underneath the Magic Window.

Could you just tell me by what reader name you want to go by, can be your forum name or real name or any pseudonym really. Just tell me and I can open up your brand-new personal reader page :)

Sonia
Calleola

Post by Calleola »

Kitty wrote: August 29th, 2018, 10:47 am
Calleola wrote: August 29th, 2018, 10:40 am May I claim #84?
Could you just tell me by what reader name you want to go by, can be your forum name or real name or any pseudonym really. Just tell me and I can open up your brand-new personal reader page :)

Sonia
Hi Sonia, I think I'd like to use my real name, Laura Larson. Thanks for the help and information!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Calleola wrote: August 29th, 2018, 10:58 am Hi Sonia, I think I'd like to use my real name, Laura Larson. Thanks for the help and information!
ah great, well here is your personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/12731

here you will see all the projects that you participate in, and can check which sections you have claimed and which have PL notes or are already PL ok. You can see your current sections if you click on "Reader Section Details".

And now: have fun with your recording :)

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow you are really fast at this, Foon.

Ok I had some time and listened to your three roles in a row. All three PL ok. :clap: I especially like you Pythagoras. Compared to the rabid Diogenes who comes right after him, you are refreshingly sober and composed, even though there is a touch of haughty pride in his voice ;) Very well done.

The Third Citizen is also great. I noticed you forced yourself not to yell into the microphone in the mob speeches to prevent clipping :lol: It will sound great once all is merged together.

As for the Voice...well, it wasn't the biggest role :mrgreen: But you made the most of it. :thumbs:

Thanks for joining the drama cast here :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and thank you, Alan for Jupiter ! Also a perfect PL ok job. I love that you started out quite efficient, merchant-like, but soon, after one or two philosophers, Jupiter is starting to become a bit annoyed by it, and you convey that in your voice, when he constantly tries to push the next one forward :lol: I see him, leaning in the sales-booth on his elbows, waving them through "Next !" :mrgreen:

Excellent job, thanks !

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: August 29th, 2018, 11:38 am wow you are really fast at this, Foon.

Well they were quite short, I try to get those out of the way whenever I have a few minutes to spare! :)

The Third Citizen is also great. I noticed you forced yourself not to yell into the microphone in the mob speeches to prevent clipping :lol: It will sound great once all is merged together.
Yes that took some effort! It still surprises me how much louder I am on dramatic recordings vs regular readings :shock: I usually turn the mic gain way down and sit away from my computer when recording them :lol:

Readers needed: