[BIO/CHILD] The Story of John Wesley Told to Boys and Girls by Marianne Kirlew - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, I am just delighted!

Thanks for this last section. I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick.
Not to long ago I recorded a long section on the rebound, and the DPL liked my new baritone voice. :lol:

Anyway, we are now done with this, and David can get it in the catalog.
Thanks, David :D

And, thanks to all of our wonderful readers for making this a great recording for young listening ears -- and maybe some older ones. :clap:
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

silverquill wrote: February 9th, 2019, 8:25 pm Oh, I am just delighted!

Thanks for this last section. I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick.
Not to long ago I recorded a long section on the rebound, and the DPL liked my new baritone voice. :lol:

Anyway, we are now done with this, and David can get it in the catalog.
Thanks, David :D

And, thanks to all of our wonderful readers for making this a great recording for young listening ears -- and maybe some older ones. :clap:
Tell me about the baritone, for women I guess it would be alto, voice effect from sore throats. I noticed it especially when I re-recorded and pasted in the new version of the sentence, "But, somehow, as soon as he stood in the presence of that calm, Christ-like man, all the passion went out him," because the cat I'd allowed to stay with me in the recording room had made a noise I had hoped hadn't been picked up or that I could just cut out, but no, it fell right in conjunction with "Christ-like," and there was no way to cut out the noise without damaging the words. I was on a roll and just didn't think to stop and read the sentence over while recording the first time so I could have just cut out the first version. The re-recording being done after recording the whole section with a scratchy throat, my voice in the pasted-in sentence is distinctly more alto than in the surroundings. But, as Sir Paul sings, let it be.
Pattymarie
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

JayKitty76, Devorah Allen, J. N. Fletcher, Greg Giordano, Aleacia Messiah, SaraHale, pattymarie, GentleJim, and Larry;

Thank you for sharing your time and talents.

This project is in the Librivox Catalog: https://librivox.org/the-story-of-john-wesley-told-to-boys-and-girls-by-marianne-kirlew/

David O
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Yay!! Thanks, everybody!
Thanks David for starting this project, and thanks everybody for finishing it :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~