[COMPLETE] SOLO Prairie Poems from the Sunflower State by Lottie Brown Allen - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Now everyone, big or little, has a story.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah I see you have been prolific Annalisa :)
Your feedback is genuinely appreciated. I think I have recorded each poem about 5 times trying to get it right.
awww, did you ? You do know that you can also correct small errors without re-recording the whole thing, I hope ?

Well I can assure you, it fully paid off. The poems are all wonderfully narrated. I love your quiet, melodious voice, it suits these sensitive, personal poems very much. :9:

Hard to choose, they are all beautiful, but my favourites from this batch are Reverie and A Gingerbread Story. Reverie because of the topic and almost romantic quality in the verses and Gingerbread because it's such a sweet story and I love the smile one can hear out of your reading.

Absolutely nothing to correct, they are all PL ok. An excellent start and I'm looking forward to the rest.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Thank you Sonia.
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

awww the Old Wash-Place was sooo sad :( I had a hard time stifling back the tears while listening. Wonderful reading for all of them. :thumbs: I can mark them all PL ok.

Just be careful with the file-naming. As you can see in your list here, Section 2 is wrongly named. There's a dot before the number 02 and mp3_ attached to 128kb.

No need to reupload though, as there are no other errors. I can change the file-name in my folder. I'll make a note in the MW.

The easiest way is to make a copy/paste job of the template file name in the first post. That way you only need to exchange the ## for the correct section number and the risk of naming it wrongly are limited.

Sonia
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Well that was embarrassing! I even ran it through the checker and didn't notice it failed! I was paying so much attention to length and volume! Thank you for fixing that.
I have to admit I am a sucker for sad poems! The Old Wash Place got to me also. I prefer Lottie's poems though. I love her clean concise lines and interesting rhyming patterns.
Thank you Sonia for all your help (and your feedback)!
AnnaLisa
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Filename for Section 2 is now corrected :)

Sonia
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

super, thank you Annalisa :) I will PL them tomorrow, promised. It's a bit late here today. If all is well, by tomorrow evening your first solo will be archived. So stay tuned !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent readings, all of them, Annalisa :clap: I can mark them all PL ok. This is a wonderful little collection of sweet and sensitive poems. :9:

And that means, your first solo is accomplished. :D I will archive it this evening and will post the finished link in here.

Congrats !

Sonia
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Sonia
Thank you so much for all your help and encouragement. I hope I have been faithful to Lottie's intent with her poems. It has been a joy to work with you.
AnnaLisa
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And here is the link, Annalisa. The archiving process also went smoothly without a glitch :9: this project was easy and perfect from first to last.

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/prairie-poems-from-the-sunflower-state-by-lottie-brown-allen/

will move it over to Completed Projects now.

Sonia