[Complete] State of the Union Addresses 1857-1860 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Owen,
Thank you for letting me know and I hope to see you on another project real soon.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

sigh
:?

this is going to cut into my Daniel Day-Lewis impersonation.

Can I read both?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

I have faith you can do both. Thank you! :9:
realisticspeakers

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stateoftheunion1857_1860_07_various_128kb.mp3

It's like the more things change, the more nothing ever changes.

[48:08]
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

It sometimes frightens me.

Section 7 is PL OK. Thank you. Very powerful reading. :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

PM from mooejania. Edits will be in within the week.
realisticspeakers

Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

Wonderful job! Thank you.

Only one correction noted.

After end of section 8 please close out this volume with "End of State of the Union Addresses (1857 - 1860) "
realisticspeakers

Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you. Spot check PL OK. :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

Via PM section 5 has been orphaned due to computer problems. I've reviewed the PL notes and unfortunately I can't fix them so the section is now open.

Section 6 is also being released. Reader has not logged in since September. Section claimed Sept 13th. Two months have expired.
realisticspeakers

what are the edits? I'm quite adept of cutting and pasting phonemes.

I'm on phone right now and won't be home for a while but mature I can fix them?

Edit: I could do some of those edits except the whole phrase that ends the sentence. I assume Section 6 was not recorded?

You realize this means Lincoln lives another day.
Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

Section 6 was not recorded. I suppose I could record and full words needed. Do you think it would be too odd for a different voice to pop in? At least it would be a female voice. I can do basic edits but piecing together words is not a skill I’ve mastered. I’ll get the MW updated in the morning. Thank you for all of your help.

Don’t worry about Lincoln. I’m sure we can work out an extension. :wink:
realisticspeakers

I think it would be terribly odd to have a different voice fill in that phrase male or female.

I'll record section 6, if I may.

And I'll take a look at section 5 and see what I can do.
Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

I did a word search for the full reading and I find most of them throughout the reading. I'll go through the audio and get timestamps for alternatives.