[Complete] State of the Union Addresses 1857-1860 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
garybclayton

Post by garybclayton »

Section 1 ready for a spotcheck!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stateoftheunion1857_1860_01_various_128kb.mp3

42:47

39.1 MB

I did all 3, linney.

Gary
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Gary.

Spot check PL OK! :thumbs:
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Nobody jumped at the chance to read sections 3 and 4?!!

May I?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

realisticspeakers wrote: September 8th, 2018, 5:42 pm Nobody jumped at the chance to read sections 3 and 4?!!

May I?
Thank you! Please remember you may break the sections differently. When I was skimming the text I didn’t see a better place and that’s why part 2 is so long.
Moorjania08

Post by Moorjania08 »

Hi! I just finished my recording for section 5, but am unsure about how to clean it up. There are spots in the recording where I clapped to indicate I had made a mistake or paused to drink some water. Should I delete those or should I only worry about background noise, volume, etc.? Thanks.
linny

Post by linny »

Congratulations on finishing the first step.

As readers, we do our own editing. When you post your project it needs to be ready for listeners. The PL process is a double check.

If you are using Audacity here is a video of basic editing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NuSuWYaWg&feature=youtu.be
Here is out full catalog of instructional videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Instructional_Videos
MicheleGeren

Post by MicheleGeren »

I would like to read Section 6, please :D
linny

Post by linny »

MicheleGeren wrote: September 13th, 2018, 11:43 am I would like to read Section 6, please :D
Welcome to LV! Thank you for claiming.

I see you have your 1 minute test posted. Good luck and please let me know if you have any questions.
garybclayton

Post by garybclayton »

Section 2 is ready for review

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stateoftheunion1857_1860_02_various_128kb.mp3

41.2 MB

45:00 minutes

Oooops! Forgot to adjust leader and trailer dead time! Will do that when you send me my list of corrections to make.
linny

Post by linny »

Gary,
Great job! Lots of interesting items in this section.

Section 2
Opening silence is a little over the 1 second max allowance.

0:31 It is unnecessary to state in detail the alarming condition of the Territory of Kansas at the time of my inauguration.
I hear Canvas

Ending silence is a little short.
realisticspeakers

linny wrote: September 15th, 2018, 11:37 am of the Territory of Kansas at the time of my inauguration.
I hear Canvas
omg I did the same thing!
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
realisticspeakers

Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

Great job! :thumbs:

I did hear one word change which seems awkward to the intent.

44:52 word change - The offer is also accompanied by a declaration that this indemnification is not founded on any reason of strict justice, but is made as a special favor.
I hear only
realisticspeakers

linny wrote: September 17th, 2018, 7:26 am Great job! :thumbs:

I did hear one word change which seems awkward to the intent.

44:52 word change - The offer is also accompanied by a declaration that this indemnification is not founded on any reason of strict justice, but is made as a special favor.
I hear only
I'll fix that tonight. Either way, isn't that infuriating? He had a sense of humor that he could not hide.
Disclaimer:
realisticspeakers

linny wrote: September 17th, 2018, 7:26 am
I hear only
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stateoftheunion1857_1860_03_various_128kb.mp3

fixed
Disclaimer: