[COMPLETE] The History Of Lady Barton by Elizabeth Griffith - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello ivanyuan,
glad to see you here. This is a speshal project. You cannot take letters, you can take charichtors. For example, you can take all of the letters by lord Hume. I would gladly give you. But not only those you requested. Each charichtor would be read by one person. Do you want to read all the letters by lord Hume?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
ivanyuan

Post by ivanyuan »

Then my I have Lord Lucan?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. Have a lot of fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I have the letters of Lord Hume? Jim
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure (smile). They are all yours.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 8, the first of Lord Hume's letters. But I was not quite sure about some of the details for recording and submitting, so I will wait to record further until I have gotten feedback for this letter. Yours, Jim

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/historyofladybarton_08_griffith_128kb.mp3 3.94 KB

4:11
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

How lovely. That was really fast. Thanks a lot. What do you want to know? Perhaps I can help. This book is so complicated and I prepared almost everything for days. So perhaps I know.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Are we supposed to use chapter for letter in the intro and outdo?
Do we record all the information on the page of the letter before the letter actually begins.
Are there more than fifty-nine letters in the three volumes?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

You are supposed to record all the information on the page, and say "letter" instedd of chapter. Letter X, lord Hume, to... Read by... I combined many of the letters, there are about 77 of them. But I didn't want 77 short sections. My rule was that only one reader reads a section. That is, if a letter is by lord Hume and the next is by lord Lucan, no matter what, they would not be in the same section. Anything more I can help with?
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks. That helps. Jim
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That does help. Thanks for asking, Jim! I had wondered, but just decided to say chapter, since that's what was in the first post. Whoops.

A quick update, since I'm here: I know it's been a long time since my claim, but I am working on it. I recorded one section before allergies struck hard, but it needs to be edited. I'll need to rerecord part of it, now that I've gotten some feedback on my French pronunciation. :roll: But I don't want to do that until my voice clears up.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is the corrected Section 8 (Letter 14):

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/historyofladybarton_08_griffith_128kb.mp3 4.83 KB

5:09

Jim
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi! I am back from vacation now... :( Back to recording! :clap:

Here is my first submission - looks like I did the same thing as Jim without knowing it - recorded a small letter to see if I did it correctly.

Like it says on the instructions below the MW are we supposed to be saying Chapter X? or Section X? For this Letter 7 I just said Chapter 3 as that is what it said to say - is that not correct???? Please someone point me in the correct direction before I dig in with more recordings as I have a plethora to do. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/historyofladybarton_07_griffith_128kb.mp3 - 11:54

Lynda
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Lynda, there is a response a few posts above. There, it says to say letter instead of chapter. Jim :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes. And I suppose that, if there are multiple letters per section, you would say all of them in your intro? Like, in my first section, I'll say "Letters 5 and 6." Does that sound right?