COMPLETE[PLAY]The Funeral: or Grief A-La-Mode by Richard Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Tattleaid is PL OK. I particularly liked the way you spoke with all the pins in your mouth!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 15th, 2018, 2:35 pmTattleaid is PL OK. I particularly liked the way you spoke with all the pins in your mouth!
thank you :9: and yay, the performance paid off !

Sonia
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

I'll do Trim if I may. Thanks! joe t.

11 Trim, Servant to Lord Hardy, Act 2
12 Trim, Servant to Lord Hardy, Act 3
13 Trim, Servant to Lord Hardy, Act 4
14 Trim, Servant to Lord Hardy, Act 5
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. (Note that the section numbers change since I move claimed sections down to keep the open sections at the top of the MW.)

Todd
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

"totas meas barnos—outhousas et stabulas—yardos" :lol: I was giggling uncontrollably when I heard that. I hope you don't take Puzzle too much as a role-model for your future career :mrgreen:

But this was excellently played out. His duplicity and hypocrisy sounds through every tone of voice you use here. :thumbs: I loved the many little asides you're doing. This is going to be a great dialogue with Alan as your Clerk. :D

PL ok

Thank you

Sonia
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ccfpcl

Post by ccfpcl »

Hi Todd,

I'd be happy to do the stage directions for this.

I've not done one for quite a while. Can you remind me:
- Do I do 'exit's - if so, presumably I need to say who is exiting?
- Do I do 'aside' and similar instructions that should be audible in the character's voice?
- With directions at the start of a speech, do I need to say who is speaking - i.e. 'Lady B, to Lord J' rather than just 'to Lord J' as writ?

Any other hints welcome.

Thanks, Chris.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ccfpcl wrote: September 24th, 2018, 6:47 am Hi Todd,

I'd be happy to do the stage directions for this.

I've not done one for quite a while. Can you remind me:
- Do I do 'exit's - if so, presumably I need to say who is exiting?
- Do I do 'aside' and similar instructions that should be audible in the character's voice?
- With directions at the start of a speech, do I need to say who is speaking - i.e. 'Lady B, to Lord J' rather than just 'to Lord J' as writ?

Any other hints welcome.

Thanks, Chris.
Great. Thank you.

You have got it pretty well described in your message.
- You do do "Exit" but do not say who exits unless the text does
- You do do "Aside" - and all other "emotion words" - such as "happily" or "sadly" or "proudly" for example. As you note these things could be audible in a character's voice, but in many cases an stage actor would have been communicating a lot visually - being racked by sobs (or laughter) for instance. A reader here may not be able to communicate the changes strongly enough by voice to work well in an audiobook without the stage direction words being added so I like to include them
- Yes, you do precede all stage directions from the start of a speech with the character name

Also please read the cast list, including character relationships as I put in the MW, and "read by". I will most likely replace all this with the voice credits from the actual readers, but sometimes they leave out things I want to have and having the stuff in your voice will be the savior.

Finally, you also read the intro and outtro words (Act X of ... This is a Librivox... End of Act X...) as described in the first forum posting.

In general, err on the side of reading too much. I can always cut things when I edit if it finally seems repetitive or obvious to a listener what is going on.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

unclejoe wrote: September 24th, 2018, 12:29 amThe rest of Trim uploaded......thanks! aloha
thanks for this performance, Joe :thumbs: Trim is quite a character, you really portray him very well. :lol: I loved the poem to the beloved cook.

Acts 4 and 5 are already PL ok.

PL notes for Act 2:

> could you please give us the full voice credit: "Trim, Servant to Lord Hardy, read by Joseph Tabler"

> at 3:22: before "Pray pay to Mr. William Trim" - please leave a bit more space for stage directions

> at 4:29 till the end: this does not belong to Act 2 anymore and can be cut out

PL notes for Act 3:

> at 0:39: "Mr Campley was an intimate of my friend, my Lord Hardy" - you say "an intimate friend of mine"

the rest is perfect !

Sonia
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

unclejoe wrote: September 24th, 2018, 10:45 pm fixed, reuploaded.....aloha,
thank you, Joe, now both perfectly PL ok :)

Sonia