[COMPLETE] K. by Mary Roberts Rinehart - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
PlanZradio
Posts: 17
Joined: March 23rd, 2018, 7:31 am

Post by PlanZradio » December 27th, 2018, 8:51 am

Elizabby wrote:
December 18th, 2018, 12:45 pm
Great! Go ahead and record the chapter, post here if you have any other questions.

When you post the chapter link the uploader gives you, please remember to also give me the duration of the file in minutes and seconds.
Ok, here it is. My first recorded chapter. "K" chapter 20 - Length = 26:25
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/K_chapter_20-complete.mp3

wordwork2
Posts: 263
Joined: June 7th, 2018, 2:07 pm

Post by wordwork2 » December 27th, 2018, 10:00 am

Hello!

Here is the link to my recording of Chapter 27:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_27_rinehart_128kb.mp3 (17:33)


Thanks :D

JamesBlake
Posts: 2
Joined: December 24th, 2018, 6:59 pm

Post by JamesBlake » December 27th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Please may I read chapter 28?
May I be credited as James Blake?

Thanks!

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 31845
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » December 27th, 2018, 5:39 pm

that will be great, but could you please do the 1-minute test so all your settings are right before you go live, having to change things makes messy files and having to read it again because it's not fixable is not any fun at all.
There were links to the test , which I always feel should be called a sound check as it isn't an audition, in your welcome email and if you've lost that in the first post in this thread

Anne

jenniferrd
Posts: 801
Joined: April 22nd, 2014, 4:58 pm

Post by jenniferrd » December 29th, 2018, 6:43 am

gailtv wrote:
December 24th, 2018, 10:26 pm
Hi jenniferrd -

I have just uploaded Chapter 18.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_18_rinehart_128kb.mp3
16:02.0, approx 88.6 dB.

Thanks for finding the mistake in the previous Chapter. I'll fix it soon and re-post it. Please let me know if you find anything wrong with this one

Oh - and there is some birdsong in the background.... not intentional ... my husband (unusually) opened the window on the room where I record and I didn't notice.... Do you think it is OK? I've heard birdsong in the background of other readers at times and quite enjoyed it. What do you think?

Cheers (and thanks also for the kind comment...)

Gail
The bird songs were fine! Chapter 18 - PL OK! :clap: :clap:

jenniferrd
Posts: 801
Joined: April 22nd, 2014, 4:58 pm

Post by jenniferrd » December 29th, 2018, 6:43 am

Shasta wrote:
December 22nd, 2018, 11:23 pm
Here is Chapter 25



https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_25_rinehart_128kb.mp3 Time: 35:21
Chapter 25 - PL OK! :D

jenniferrd
Posts: 801
Joined: April 22nd, 2014, 4:58 pm

Post by jenniferrd » December 29th, 2018, 6:45 am

Chapter 26 - PL OK! :thumbs:

Elizabby
Posts: 9160
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » December 29th, 2018, 3:26 pm

PlanZradio wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 8:51 am
Elizabby wrote:
December 18th, 2018, 12:45 pm
Great! Go ahead and record the chapter, post here if you have any other questions.

When you post the chapter link the uploader gives you, please remember to also give me the duration of the file in minutes and seconds.
Ok, here it is. My first recorded chapter. "K" chapter 20 - Length = 26:25
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/K_chapter_20-complete.mp3
Thanks, I have updated the Magic Window and put this file in, but in future please be careful to use the exact filename as given in the first post, otherwise the files don't sort themselves into the correct order.

Don't change it now, but if there are any corrections maybe change it then.

aniroo
Posts: 1040
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » December 29th, 2018, 10:39 pm

I would like to claim section #29.

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:

Elizabby
Posts: 9160
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » December 30th, 2018, 1:34 am

You got it!

jenniferrd
Posts: 801
Joined: April 22nd, 2014, 4:58 pm

Post by jenniferrd » December 30th, 2018, 4:43 pm

Elizabby wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 3:26 pm
PlanZradio wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 8:51 am
Elizabby wrote:
December 18th, 2018, 12:45 pm
Great! Go ahead and record the chapter, post here if you have any other questions.

When you post the chapter link the uploader gives you, please remember to also give me the duration of the file in minutes and seconds.
Ok, here it is. My first recorded chapter. "K" chapter 20 - Length = 26:25
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/K_chapter_20-complete.mp3
Thanks, I have updated the Magic Window and put this file in, but in future please be careful to use the exact filename as given in the first post, otherwise the files don't sort themselves into the correct order.

Don't change it now, but if there are any corrections maybe change it then.
Stephen, you have a very nice reading voice. :D
There are a few technical issues to correct, first Elizabby has already mentioned the incorrect file name, you will find how to correctly name your file in the first post of this thread. Secondly, there needs to be 5 seconds at the end of the recording, there is only 1 second currently. Please correct and re upload with new time.

Elizabby
Posts: 9160
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » December 30th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Five seconds of silence at the end of every file (regardless of length) is standard, so you can either use "generate silence" in Audacity or just switch on your recording device and record "room tone" for 5 seconds. I usually do the second, but either works.

Then you need to re-export (with the correct filename please) and reupload and repost with the new file length! It's quicker than it sounds!

jenniferrd
Posts: 801
Joined: April 22nd, 2014, 4:58 pm

Post by jenniferrd » December 30th, 2018, 5:04 pm

Chapter 27 - PL OK! Nicely done!! :9:

PlanZradio
Posts: 17
Joined: March 23rd, 2018, 7:31 am

Post by PlanZradio » December 31st, 2018, 12:21 pm

jenniferrd wrote:
December 30th, 2018, 4:43 pm
Elizabby wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 3:26 pm
PlanZradio wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 8:51 am


Ok, here it is. My first recorded chapter. "K" chapter 20 - Length = 26:25
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/K_chapter_20-complete.mp3
Thanks, I have updated the Magic Window and put this file in, but in future please be careful to use the exact filename as given in the first post, otherwise the files don't sort themselves into the correct order.

Don't change it now, but if there are any corrections maybe change it then.
Stephen, you have a very nice reading voice. :D
There are a few technical issues to correct, first Elizabby has already mentioned the incorrect file name, you will find how to correctly name your file in the first post of this thread. Secondly, there needs to be 5 seconds at the end of the recording, there is only 1 second currently. Please correct and re upload with new time.
Thanks for the direction. I realized after I posted the file that I did it incorrectly, but thought it best to leave it alone until someone reviewed it. I have made the corrections and re-posted the file.
Thank you for helping me through the process. it should be easier for me next time around, one would think, hehehehe.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/K_20_rinehart_128kb.mp3 26:30

Elizabby
Posts: 9160
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » December 31st, 2018, 3:23 pm

Well done! The first one is the hardest!

By the way, I don't think I have created your reader file yet - what name did you use for your voice credit?

Post Reply