[COMPLETE] K. by Mary Roberts Rinehart - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Elizabby wrote: December 15th, 2018, 2:03 pm I wouldn't think a repost is necessary - much better to record a new chapter! We are many of us making improvements and refining our technique as we go!
I have to agree, just next time you record, save your file and then play around with it to see if you like it. This one was fine!
Steven Seitel

Post by Steven Seitel »

Thank you. I'll take chapter 21 if not already spoken for.

Steve Seitel
...and then I thought: "Oh, what the Heck? Why not?..." —W.O.B.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

That's fine, lets do it!
PlanZradio

Post by PlanZradio »

Elizabby wrote: December 14th, 2018, 2:18 pm Welcome Steve! I'd be very happy for you to take in Chapter 20 of this book - but please submit a 1 minute test first to get the OK for your technical settings. I love books - computers not so much.

Once you have been given the OK by the tech people, then come back here and record - all the information you need should be in the first post but if you get stuck just post here and I'll do my best to help! Be aware I'm not in America though, so allow for different time zones!
I posted the one minute test on the 15th. I think I followed the directions correctly. I have not heard anything back yet on technical.
Please let me know if i did the posting correctly, and an indication if I should proceed with the chapter.
thanks
Steve S.
roseslboom

Post by roseslboom »

Hi,
I would like to take Ch. 22 and 23, if still available.

Thank you :)
Speak thoughtfully and listen intently; you never know how your words may be taken.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

roseslboom wrote: December 17th, 2018, 9:58 am Hi,
Love to have you! Enjoy!
roseslboom

Post by roseslboom »

Elizabby wrote: December 17th, 2018, 1:49 pm
roseslboom wrote: December 17th, 2018, 9:58 am Hi,
Love to have you! Enjoy!
Thanks!! :)

Deanna
Speak thoughtfully and listen intently; you never know how your words may be taken.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

PlanZradio wrote: December 17th, 2018, 7:42 am
Elizabby wrote: December 14th, 2018, 2:18 pm Welcome Steve! I'd be very happy for you to take in Chapter 20 of this book - but please submit a 1 minute test first to get the OK for your technical settings. I love books - computers not so much.

Once you have been given the OK by the tech people, then come back here and record - all the information you need should be in the first post but if you get stuck just post here and I'll do my best to help! Be aware I'm not in America though, so allow for different time zones!
I posted the one minute test on the 15th. I think I followed the directions correctly. I have not heard anything back yet on technical.
Please let me know if i did the posting correctly, and an indication if I should proceed with the chapter.
thanks
Steve S.
You need to post your test link to the Listeners and Editors forum - not here. I'm not technical enough to check the settings. I'm the Book Coordinator for this project, but you need to post your test where the tech people will see it and give you feedback. Please don't record for me until your test is marked "OK".
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Elizabby -

I have uploaded Chapter 17, ready for proof-listening.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_17_rinehart_128kb.mp3
22:42.7. approx 89.3 dB

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
Steven Seitel

Post by Steven Seitel »

Here is Chapter 21. Duration 24:41.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_21_rinehart_128kb.mp3

I'm testing a new microphone. Feedback is always welcome.

Steve Seitel
...and then I thought: "Oh, what the Heck? Why not?..." —W.O.B.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Gail and Steve, these files are in the MW for PLing.
PlanZradio

Post by PlanZradio »

Elizabby wrote: December 17th, 2018, 1:52 pm

thanks
Steve S.
You need to post your test link to the Listeners and Editors forum - not here. I'm not technical enough to check the settings. I'm the Book Coordinator for this project, but you need to post your test where the tech people will see it and give you feedback. Please don't record for me until your test is marked "OK".
OK, Thank you. I thought I followed the directions. I never saw a reference to post in the listener forum. Seems everyone else understood to post there, hehehehe. I will do it now.
Steve S.
PlanZradio

Post by PlanZradio »

PlanZradio wrote: December 18th, 2018, 6:19 am
Elizabby wrote: December 17th, 2018, 1:52 pm

thanks
Steve S.
OK, Thank you. I thought I followed the directions. I never saw a reference to post in the listener forum. Seems everyone else understood to post there, hehehehe. I will do it now.
Steve S.
Ok, the test recording passed the test. I included the tech response here.
Thank You. I am looking forward to getting started.
steve S.

schrm

Unread post by schrm » Today, 12:44 pm
hi,

the background noise is true, otherwise the file pl ok!

your voice is sort of a personality voice..
beautiful!

you are ready to go to look for some interesting sections.
we recommend, to begin with short sections - but it is evident, that you have found an interesting project, already :-)

cheers,
schrm
reader/12275

deutsch
wunderwelten viewtopic.php?f=60&t=70793
sammlung kurzer prosa viewtopic.php?f=60&t=71431

english
violet viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70567
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Great! Go ahead and record the chapter, post here if you have any other questions.

When you post the chapter link the uploader gives you, please remember to also give me the duration of the file in minutes and seconds.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

I will get to these over the weekend, I caught a bug and am feeling ill right now.