[COMPLETE] K. by Mary Roberts Rinehart - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Here is the edited Section 12 with correction and shorter silence at the end.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_12_rinehart_128kb.mp3
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Hi Rita, Please let me apologize for getting to these so late. It's been a rather strange few months around my house and these last few weeks have been no different. Thank you for your patience as I get to these:

Chapter 14:
From beginning to :07 there is a background hum.
:25 Please add "Chapter 14" after Mary Roberts Rinehart as directed in first post for disclaimer.
7:24 - jump in editing: "In every relationship."
9:13 - jump in editing: "he said irrelevantly"
10:07 - jump in editing: "were occasions for agonies of jealousy"
15:35 to 15:38 - loud rumbling background noise
15:42 - 15:43 - loud rumbling background noise
Since you'll already be in the file, could you trim up the end silence to 5 seconds?

Nice reading, very interesting! :clap: :clap:
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 19 - PL OK! :clap: :clap: :clap:
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Section 14:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_14_rinehart_128kb.mp3

I may have to re-record this chapter, as the original recording was done as I was transitioning to a new microphone.
Just let me know -- I don't mind redoing it. The sound is definitely very different with the mic
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

It is usually discouraged to rerecord, as you've already got a pretty good recording. I would go ahead and just see how it goes with editing the corrections in. If on the editing jumps it is too much of an odd transition, just leave those off and worry about the ones with the noises. If you get it to about the same volume, you should be okay. I suggest rerecording an entire sentence rather then just where the noise is and that should ease the transition. It's not uncommon to hear transitions like this in recordings (I have even heard some in professional audiobooks).

*Edited to say, if you have the old microphone, you might just use it and try to mimic the conditions of the first recording, that way it's not too different from one microphone to another on this one.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Yes...go ahead and listen to this latest version I sent you in the previous post.....I went ahead and made the requested changes. Hope it works
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 12: Spot PL - OK!
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 14 - Spot PL OK! :D

Rita, while I can hear the difference between the microphones, I don't think that it really sounds too bad (the edits aren't abrupt, with the entire sentence rerecorded). It's consistently read and sounds good. I'd just leave it as it is, and be happy you have a better sounding microphone for your new recordings! I'm giving it a pass.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

jenniferrd wrote: February 11th, 2019, 6:52 pm Chapter 12: Spot PL - OK!
Thank you. I appreciate you proof listening this. I’m looking forward to listening to this book when it’s finished. :)
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
misspag

Post by misspag »

Hi Elizabby,

I read this response from you:

That's fine, Chapter 16 is yours!

Please check the responses to your test audio file and correct that one first and get the OK before recording for me. It is disappointing if we can't use a file because it doesn't meet our technical requirements!

I'm a little confused because I was given the approval to start reading. I was not aware that I had to do anything else. It is also confusing because I'm not sure if you are giving me permission to read Chapter 16 or if you are saying that I can't until I do something further with my original recording. Can you please clarify?

Thank you,
misspag
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

misspag wrote: February 12th, 2019, 10:53 pm I read this response from you:

That's fine, Chapter 16 is yours!

Please check the responses to your test audio file and correct that one first and get the OK before recording for me. It is disappointing if we can't use a file because it doesn't meet our technical requirements!

I'm a little confused because I was given the approval to start reading. I was not aware that I had to do anything else. It is also confusing because I'm not sure if you are giving me permission to read Chapter 16 or if you are saying that I can't until I do something further with my original recording. Can you please clarify?
I am happy for you to read Chapter 16 for this project, yes.

Before you record Chapter 16 your "Test Audio" file needs to be completely within specifications, which I do not think it is as yet. The last post I saw on that thread was a discussion about volume and you asking for more help. The file is not yet marked "OK" which is usually done when someone is ready to record. But the bottom line is that the 1 minute test is not compulsory, so if you'd rather go ahead on the whole chapter instead of tweaking your test audio file I will allow that. It's just that I thought Linny was working with you on fine tuning it.

Alternatively, if you want to record the first minute of Chapter 16 and upload that as a test file, that would be fine too. The "Test" process is entirely to save you time. We just think it would not be very nice for you to record the whole of Chapter 16 - and then be told that because the bit rate is incorrect or something else like that, that you have to redo the whole chapter. It's much easier to use a small test audio file and get everything completely right (including volume) before recording a whole chapter of a book. Especially because this chapter will be a reasonable length - I estimate about 15-20mins depending on how fast you talk.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Awww! What a sweet chapter to read right before Valentine's day (or as we know it around here, my daughter's birthday!).

There are just two minor things to correct at the beginning.
Chapter 30:

Please trim beginning to no more than 1 second, there is 1.5 now
:30 Please add "Chapter 30" right after Mary Roberts Rinehart as referenced in the disclaimer on the first page of this thread.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 30 - Spot PL - OK! Great job!
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi --

Sorry to take so long.

Chapter 17 has been repaired - I hope it is right - and uploaded for Spot PL. (If you want a reminder without fishing through all the pages -- the error was at approx 0:54.)

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_17_rinehart_128kb.mp3
22:38.9

Again, apologies for taking so long to get to it.

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art