[Complete] The Chinese Kitten by Edna Adelaide Brown - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15171
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 29th, 2019, 4:47 pm

bobb wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 3:19 pm
Hi Lynnet,
Here's chapter 8:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_08_brown_128kb.mp3

Runtime is 19:01.
Thank you
Help us finish:

The Sword-Maker 6 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 20 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15171
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 29th, 2019, 4:49 pm

We have an orphan!
Help us finish:

The Sword-Maker 6 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 20 sections remaining

Lushnam
Posts: 115
Joined: December 13th, 2008, 12:32 am
Location: Idaho
Contact:

Post by Lushnam » January 29th, 2019, 6:29 pm

I'm willing to take section 13.

I noticed that in the magic window section 13 is labeled Christmas when it should say Thanksgiving, and section 14 is labeled Thanksgiving, but it should be Christmas (the recording for section 14 is read for the right chapter, though).

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15171
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 29th, 2019, 9:22 pm

Lushnam wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 6:29 pm
I'm willing to take section 13.

I noticed that in the magic window section 13 is labeled Christmas when it should say Thanksgiving, and section 14 is labeled Thanksgiving, but it should be Christmas (the recording for section 14 is read for the right chapter, though).
Thank you. I can rename section 14 as 13, so please go ahead and read Christmas as 14. I will sort out any other changes needed tomorrow.
Help us finish:

The Sword-Maker 6 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 20 sections remaining

Lushnam
Posts: 115
Joined: December 13th, 2008, 12:32 am
Location: Idaho
Contact:

Post by Lushnam » January 29th, 2019, 9:41 pm

Lynnet wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 9:22 pm
Lushnam wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 6:29 pm
I'm willing to take section 13.

I noticed that in the magic window section 13 is labeled Christmas when it should say Thanksgiving, and section 14 is labeled Thanksgiving, but it should be Christmas (the recording for section 14 is read for the right chapter, though).
Thank you. I can rename section 14 as 13, so please go ahead and read Christmas as 14. I will sort out any other changes needed tomorrow.
Shasta already read the Christmas one (even though it says Thanksgiving). I just checked to make sure.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15171
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 29th, 2019, 9:52 pm

Lushnam wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 9:41 pm
Shasta already read the Christmas one (even though it says Thanksgiving). I just checked to make sure.
Thank you... I am away from my computer and unable to check these things this evening :roll:
Would you be prepared to read Thanksgiving?
Help us finish:

The Sword-Maker 6 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 20 sections remaining

Lushnam
Posts: 115
Joined: December 13th, 2008, 12:32 am
Location: Idaho
Contact:

Post by Lushnam » January 29th, 2019, 9:55 pm

Lynnet wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 9:52 pm
Lushnam wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 9:41 pm
Shasta already read the Christmas one (even though it says Thanksgiving). I just checked to make sure.
Thank you... I am away from my computer and unable to check these things this evening :roll:
Would you be prepared to read Thanksgiving?
Sure! :) Thanks!

jenniferrd
Posts: 687
Joined: April 22nd, 2014, 4:58 pm

Post by jenniferrd » January 30th, 2019, 5:41 am

Hi April, here are some corrections to make in the this section.

Chapter 8:

At :21 - You say Chapter 8, then a pause and then say Chapter 8 Sunday Afternoon. Please remove the first Chapter 8 (at :21)
9:28 - loud background noise
9:43 - loud background noise
9:27 - knocking sound
10:03 - knocking sound
15: 13 there is a repeat of the sentences:Lucy and Dora went to look at the friend’s baby. It was sound asleep. (I would personally use the second on as there is a background noise on the first one)
18:05 - stumble: We had have had a beautiful time

Also, the entire piece could use a good noise cleaning as there is a low static sound throughout the piece. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Noise_Cleaning

bobb
Posts: 17
Joined: August 28th, 2018, 7:20 pm

Post by bobb » January 30th, 2019, 3:23 pm

jenniferrd wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 5:41 am
Hi April, here are some corrections to make in the this section.

Chapter 8:

At :21 - You say Chapter 8, then a pause and then say Chapter 8 Sunday Afternoon. Please remove the first Chapter 8 (at :21)
9:28 - loud background noise
9:43 - loud background noise
9:27 - knocking sound
10:03 - knocking sound
15: 13 there is a repeat of the sentences:Lucy and Dora went to look at the friend’s baby. It was sound asleep. (I would personally use the second on as there is a background noise on the first one)
18:05 - stumble: We had have had a beautiful time

Also, the entire piece could use a good noise cleaning as there is a low static sound throughout the piece. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Noise_Cleaning
Thanks! Will fix as soon as possible.
~April
My projects:
Chinese Kitten

bobb
Posts: 17
Joined: August 28th, 2018, 7:20 pm

Post by bobb » January 30th, 2019, 4:03 pm

~April
My projects:
Chinese Kitten

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15171
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 30th, 2019, 5:42 pm

bobb wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 4:03 pm
Chapter 8 ready for spot check:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_08_brown_128kb.mp3
Thank you
Help us finish:

The Sword-Maker 6 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 20 sections remaining

Lushnam
Posts: 115
Joined: December 13th, 2008, 12:32 am
Location: Idaho
Contact:

Post by Lushnam » January 30th, 2019, 8:13 pm


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15171
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 30th, 2019, 9:07 pm

Lushnam wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 8:13 pm
Here's section 13:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_13_brown_128kb.mp3

Length: 13:46

Thanks!
Thank you
Help us finish:

The Sword-Maker 6 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 20 sections remaining

jenniferrd
Posts: 687
Joined: April 22nd, 2014, 4:58 pm

Post by jenniferrd » January 30th, 2019, 11:52 pm

Chapter 8:
9:25 - I'm not sure if you just tried to cut out the noise, but it now has a double d sound almost like a stumble, sounds like it jumps, and then there is still a noise on "here am I, showing you just (noise)", that was mentioned at 9:28 since you cut out the double part at :21)
9:40 - there is still a noise (since you cut out the double part at :21, this is the same loud noise first mentioned at 9:43.
I apologize, I see that I marked 9:27 for the knock noise, it was supposed to be 9:47, and it now located at 9:45. It is still there
10:05 - there is still is a knock noise
On the stumble: We had have had a beautiful time (now at 18:05) it is passable, but it sounds like you cut out the "had" and it jumps. If it were me, I would rerecord that sentence and edit it in.

It would probably be easiest if you rerecord the entire sentences where these noises are and edit them into your recording. These are fairly loud background noises that are distracting to the listener and we rely on readers to edit the files so they are enjoyable to the listener. There are other noises throughout the recording that are not distracting, and I didn't mention those.

I think this was a really interesting chapter - I wonder how "bad" the radium in glass was for their health??? :shock:

jenniferrd
Posts: 687
Joined: April 22nd, 2014, 4:58 pm

Post by jenniferrd » January 31st, 2019, 12:16 am

Chapter 13: PL OK! Nice reading! :thumbs:

Post Reply