[Complete] The Chinese Kitten by Edna Adelaide Brown - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Lynne,
I've edited chapter 3 as best as I could. At 4:54, I've rerecorded a word- I tried to make it uniform in clarity with the rest, but it simply came out much clearer (because I used another device to record on). So here goes!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_03_brown_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

JayKitty76 wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 3:15 pm Hi Lynne,
I've edited chapter 3 as best as I could. At 4:54, I've rerecorded a word- I tried to make it uniform in clarity with the rest, but it simply came out much clearer (because I used another device to record on). So here goes!

Thanks!
Thank you. It is very difficult to replicate the exact conditions -- even if you do use exactly the same equipment, in the same room etc. In general, we recommend recording a whole sentence rather than a single word, for that reason. We'll see what Jennifer says when she checks it, but it's probably nothing to worry about.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

It's definitely better, there are still some mostly technical things to correct, and a few new ones:

You still need to trim the beginning and end of the piece:
Trim the beginning to no more the 1 second of silence at the beginning, there is 1.5 seconds now.

At the end there should be no more than 5 seconds of silence and there is 7.5 seconds now, plus at the end of the recording at 10:06.5 you say "Come out." if you trim the end to 5 seconds it will remove this, which needs to be removed as it's not part of the text or disclamier.

I don't know if I missed this or not, but at 6:42, there is a stumble over the word "usually" in the sentence Usually only Mother remembered that.

Those should be easy fixes. The word that you replaced does sound odd, you might consider rerecording the entire sentence like Lynnet suggested, but the word is there, so that is up to you.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

jenniferrd wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 3:24 am It's definitely better, there are still some mostly technical things to correct, and a few new ones:

Trim the beginning to no more the 1 second of silence at the beginning, there is 1.5 seconds now.

At the end there should be no more than 5 seconds of silence and there is 7.5 seconds now, plus at the end of the recording at 10:06.5 you say "Come out." if you trim the end to 5 seconds it will remove this, which needs to be removed as it's not part of the text or disclamier.

I don't know if I missed this or not, but at 6:42, there is a stumble over the word "usually" in the sentence Usually only Mother remembered that.

Those should be easy fixes. The word that you replaced does sound odd, you might consider rerecording the entire sentence like Lynnet suggested, but the word is there, so that is up to you.

Oh, thank you Jennifer! This is definitely much more fixable now:)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

jenniferrd wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 3:24 am It's definitely better, there are still some mostly technical things to correct, and a few new ones:

Hi Jennifer,
Here are the edits:

I didn't end up replacing that single word, but hopefully it's still ok...if not I can easily go back and rerecord the whole sentence.
jenniferrd wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 3:24 am
Oops! :oops: :oops: I usually cut those...I guess I used that extra bit in rerecording that single word, but I must have forgotten to cut it at the end. Sorry about that! It has been cut from the recording now.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Here is Chapter 7

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_07_brown_128kb.mp3 Time: 20:19

Due to illness, I am uncertain how soon I would record Chapters 8 through 10, so I believe it best for me to relinquish my claim to them. Sorry.
Russ Bruno
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Shasta wrote: October 26th, 2018, 4:26 pm Here is Chapter 7

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_07_brown_128kb.mp3 Time: 20:19

Due to illness, I am uncertain how soon I would record Chapters 8 through 10, so I believe it best for me to relinquish my claim to them. Sorry.
Thank you.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 3 - Spot PL - OK!
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 7 - PL OK!

Shasta, I'm very sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I hope you'll come back and record more soon, I'll miss you! :D
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

jenniferrd wrote: November 1st, 2018, 3:35 pm Chapter 3 - Spot PL - OK!
Yay :clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks Jennifer!!!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

bobb wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 2:59 pm Hi all,
Here is chapter 6, edited:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_06_brown_128kb.mp3
I'm so sorry, I think this was missed, I just corrected it with PL - OK! :thumbs:
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I could do Section 2
Russ Bruno
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Shasta wrote: November 24th, 2018, 3:53 pm I could do Section 2
Thank you
lladywolfe

Post by lladywolfe »

Hi! I am interested in doing the Christmas Chapter. :)

Thank you.

Judy
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lladywolfe wrote: November 24th, 2018, 9:20 pm Hi! I am interested in doing the Christmas Chapter. :)

Thank you.

Judy
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
I see you have completed your one minute test :thumbs:
I have added you to the catalog using your forum name; however, many of us use our real names, so if you want that changed, just ask. If you click on your name in the MW (Magic Window) you will be taken to your own personal catalog page, where you can keep track of your commitments.
I have assigned section 13 to you. You get 2 months to complete it. Please ask if you find you need longer. All the information you need is in the first post, but do ask if you have questions.
I hope you enjoy reading for this cute book.
Lynne