[Complete] The Chinese Kitten by Edna Adelaide Brown - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

jenniferrd wrote: October 10th, 2018, 4:16 pm Thank you - I'll get to this soon, real world work is getting in the way.... :shock: :shock:
No problem :)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

JayKitty - are you sure that you uploaded the correct file, this appears to be the same file as before, I'm coming up with the same errors and I'm wondering if you uploaded the old file again accidentally and not the new one? :? :?

I did go ahead and PL the entire thing, so here are the corrections, there is still a lot of background noises and the same issues as before. Just so you know, there is help if you need help editing, you can just ask. I tried to clean it up with my program, and it seemed to do pretty well, so I'm thinking you just uploaded the incorrect file.

Anyway, here goes:
Trim silence to no more than 1 second, there is over 2.5 now.
3:57 - repeat in the phrase:"It was easy, It was easy to be quite." Should be "It was easy to be quite"
From about 4:03 to end, it sounds like people talking in the background or a tv on.
4:13 - Stumble over word "chain" on the sentence: Twisted about her bare toes was a little silver chain.
4:17 - large noise (maybe shifting in chair?)
4:20 - Stumble: You say, Arcturus and her and his leash were gone
4:22 - noise
4:57 - 4:59 - background noise
5:21 - background noise
5:23 - double word, "felt", in sentence "Olive felt all about in the sand by Dora’s bed"
5:29 - stumble in sentence "for she really did not know what else to do"
7:56 - background noise
9:26 - Stumble on sentence "She managed to thank Uncle Dan, who was as sorry as Olive that it had been of no use"
There should be five seconds of silence at end, there is only 4.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

jenniferrd wrote: October 14th, 2018, 2:39 am JayKitty - are you sure that you uploaded the correct file, this appears to be the same file as before, I'm coming up with the same errors and I'm wondering if you uploaded the old file again accidentally and not the new one? :? :?

I did go ahead and PL the entire thing, so here are the corrections, there is still a lot of background noises and the same issues as before. Just so you know, there is help if you need help editing, you can just ask. I tried to clean it up with my program, and it seemed to do pretty well, so I'm thinking you just uploaded the incorrect file.

Anyway, here goes:
Trim silence to no more than 1 second, there is over 2.5 now.
3:57 - repeat in the phrase:"It was easy, It was easy to be quite." Should be "It was easy to be quite"
From about 4:03 to end, it sounds like people talking in the background or a tv on.
4:13 - Stumble over word "chain" on the sentence: Twisted about her bare toes was a little silver chain.
4:17 - large noise (maybe shifting in chair?)
4:20 - Stumble: You say, Arcturus and her and his leash were gone
4:22 - noise
4:57 - 4:59 - background noise
5:21 - background noise
5:23 - double word, "felt", in sentence "Olive felt all about in the sand by Dora’s bed"
5:29 - stumble in sentence "for she really did not know what else to do"
7:56 - background noise
9:26 - Stumble on sentence "She managed to thank Uncle Dan, who was as sorry as Olive that it had been of no use"
There should be five seconds of silence at end, there is only 4.
Jenniferrd,
Oops! Thanks for your PL notes. Could you maybe help edit, please? Thanks. I do remember making the corrections, so I probably uploaded the wrong file. Sorry about that!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Do you have a corrected file? You could upload that and we'll go from there?
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Sure, Jenniferrd, I'll search for one right now. I do hope I have one :| :? :?
Thanks for your patience!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Jenniferrd,
So I do have a .AUP file...it says it was last modified on Oct.9th. I just checked and that was the date I uploaded it saying the changes were fixed. So I'll try reexporting it and maybe we can work from that.
Gotta go reexport and upload now! :)
Thanks,
~JayKitty
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Oh yeah, one more thing:
jenniferrd wrote: October 14th, 2018, 2:39 am From about 4:03 to end, it sounds like people talking in the background or a tv on.
How do I fix this? Should I just apply noise reduction? It seems like a lot to rerecord, especially since I have a goal set (by the end of this week) to begin a new project and I have 12 chapters of another dramatic work...phew! :lol: If I do need to rerecord, however, that's fine, I'll just try to crank out more chapters of my other projects per day.

Thanks!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hey Jenniferrd,
Here's the (hopefully) corrected version of chapter 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_03_brown_128kb.mp3

Hopefully we can work from here! :D
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Okay, try this: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert - this is exactly how to run noise cleaning on the file, you can actually run it a few times, if it's still noisy. On the stumbles, you rerecord those sections and edit them in. Usually it's easier to rerecord the whole sentence that the stumble or background noise is rather than trying to replace a single word. I'll take a listen to this file and see if it's any better for the noise.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Ok, thanks, Jenniferrd! I'll get to work fixing the file up as soon as possible.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
bobb

Post by bobb »

Here is chapter 6:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_06_brown_128kb.mp3

I ran it through Checker, and my daughter helped edit it (she is also on LibriVox). Thanks!
~April
My projects:
Chinese Kitten
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Jenniferrd,
Here is chapter 3, corrections made:

~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

bobb wrote: October 16th, 2018, 7:11 pm Here is chapter 6:

I ran it through Checker, and my daughter helped edit it (she is also on LibriVox). Thanks!
Thank you
How long is it please?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

JayKitty76 wrote: October 17th, 2018, 2:16 pm Jenniferrd,
Here is chapter 3, corrections made:

Thank you
bobb

Post by bobb »

Lynnet wrote: October 17th, 2018, 2:19 pm
bobb wrote: October 16th, 2018, 7:11 pm Here is chapter 6:

Thank you
How long is it please?
Running time is 09:26. Thanks!
~April
My projects:
Chinese Kitten