Thank you.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

JayKitty76 wrote: September 12th, 2018, 2:13 pm Chapter 3 is ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_03_brown_128kb.mp3

The file length is 10:10.
Thank you,
~JayKitty76
Hello JayKitty76! First I want to say, you have a very pleasant reading voice! Before I PL the entire piece, there are a few corrections to make. I know this looks like a lot, but it's really not, and any questions you might have, please feel free to ask!! :D

1. Volume falls outside of the target range of 86-92 dB, it is only 83 dB. If you're using Audacity, you can easily bring this up by going into Effect, selecting the entire piece and Amplify by 6 - bringing your entire piece up to to 89, which is the ideal volume. This also can increase noise, which brings me to the second point -

2. I only listened to about a two minutes and then just sampled throughout, and there are a lot of noise clicks and background noise, which can be distracting to listeners. You can clean up a lot of this noise by running noise reduction. Here is a link how to do it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Noise_Cleaning. Additionally, you can "silence" the background noise in between by selecting the noise and clicking the little button that looks like two squiggly lines with a straight line in the center called "silence audio", which of course this only works when there is no talking!

The clicks I find a little more difficult to remove, but here is a good dialogue with a lot of good information on how to remove them: viewtopic.php?t=15172. Obviously you can't do it in this recording, but in the future, the best way I've found to reduce overall mouth clicks is making sure I'm well hydrated before and during recording. You can see the clicks on the file, they are a single vertical line, and they are obvious when you get used to recording. They seem to be mostly in the first 2 minutes of your recording, so you may find it easier to just rerecord that section, and then deal with clicks later on, if there are any, individually.

3. There should be no more than .5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording, there is 2.5 right now. And since you'll already be in the file, the ending needs to have 5 seconds, there is 4 right now.

After these are corrected, I'll PL the entire thing!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

jenniferrd wrote: September 12th, 2018, 7:21 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: September 12th, 2018, 2:13 pm Chapter 3 is ready for PL:

The file length is 10:10.
Thank you,
~JayKitty76
Hello JayKitty76! First I want to say, you have a very pleasant reading voice! Before I PL the entire piece, there are a few corrections to make. I know this looks like a lot, but it's really not, and any questions you might have, please feel free to ask!! :D

1. Volume falls outside of the target range of 86-92 dB, it is only 83 dB. If you're using Audacity, you can easily bring this up by going into Effect, selecting the entire piece and Amplify by 6 - bringing your entire piece up to to 89, which is the ideal volume. This also can increase noise, which brings me to the second point -

2. I only listened to about a two minutes and then just sampled throughout, and there are a lot of noise clicks and background noise, which can be distracting to listeners. You can clean up a lot of this noise by running noise reduction. Here is a link how to do it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Noise_Cleaning. Additionally, you can "silence" the background noise in between by selecting the noise and clicking the little button that looks like two squiggly lines with a straight line in the center called "silence audio", which of course this only works when there is no talking!

The clicks I find a little more difficult to remove, but here is a good dialogue with a lot of good information on how to remove them: viewtopic.php?t=15172. Obviously you can't do it in this recording, but in the future, the best way I've found to reduce overall mouth clicks is making sure I'm well hydrated before and during recording. You can see the clicks on the file, they are a single vertical line, and they are obvious when you get used to recording. They seem to be mostly in the first 2 minutes of your recording, so you may find it easier to just rerecord that section, and then deal with clicks later on, if there are any, individually.

3. There should be no more than .5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording, there is 2.5 right now. And since you'll already be in the file, the ending needs to have 5 seconds, there is 4 right now.

After these are corrected, I'll PL the entire thing!
Okay thanks jenifferd! I'll amplify and noise clean, and sorry about the clicks! I'll remember to drink more water. I'll add/remove the silence in the recording too.
Thanks for your feedback!
~JayKitty76
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Farnood

Post by Farnood »

Hi,

I would like to claim section 13.

Thanks
Farnood

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation" (Thoreau)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Farnood wrote: September 18th, 2018, 7:55 am Hi,

I would like to claim section 13.

Thanks
Thank you for claiming
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

I would like to claim Chapter 11
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

larryhayes7 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 6:00 pm I would like to claim Chapter 11
All yours.
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

larryhayes7 wrote: September 20th, 2018, 6:20 am Chapter 11 completed

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_11_brown_128kb.mp3

Time 10:58
Thank you
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Hi Larry! I loved your voices! There are just a few changes to make:

1. Volume falls outside of Librivox's accepted range of 86-92 dB at 92.8 dB - please reduce volume by at least .8, I would suggest bringing it down 3.8 dB to 89 dB which is the ideal range for Librivox.
2. 09:06 - Text reads: "but she was out", and I hear, "but she was not out" - which changes the meaning of the sentence.
3. Needs 5 seconds of silence at end of section, only 2 second now.
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I volunteer to do Sections 07 through 10
Russ Bruno
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Shasta wrote: October 1st, 2018, 4:32 pm I volunteer to do Sections 07 through 10
Thank you for claiming.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Jenniferrd,
Here are the edits for chapter 3:

Sorry I took so long, I've been busy with other recording projects.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

JayKitty76 wrote: October 9th, 2018, 3:08 pm Jenniferrd,
Here are the edits for chapter 3:

Sorry I took so long, I've been busy with other recording projects.
Thank you
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Thank you - I'll get to this soon, real world work is getting in the way.... :shock: :shock: