COMPLETE The Wyvern Mystery by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but I have PL'ed Chapter 1. I didn't put it in the Magic Window, because I wasn't sure if you like to do that yourself or not, Fiddlesticks!

Chapter PL - Notes:
Amy, that was a terrific reading! :clap: :clap: There is one technical issue to correct, the volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB), at 96.8 dB. If you're using Audacity, you can correct this by selecting the entire piece, going into the Effects, Amplify, and reducing the volume -7.8 dB, which will bring you down to the ideal 89 db for Librivox. Other than that, great job!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Great, thank you both!
Don’t feel like you have to wait for me to put sections in the MW before you post pl notes :)
~Tiffany
XavierJ

Post by XavierJ »

Hey there. I’d love to take chapters 3-6 if that’s alright?
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Hi XavierJ, and welcome to librivox!

You may certainly have sections 3-6
What name would you like to use for the catalogue? It can be your real name, a pseudonym, username, initials, whatever you like

Before you record for this project it is strongly recommended that you complete a 1-minute test. This helps ensure that you have everything set up correctly, which saves you from having to re-record files for projects like this one if a technical setting is incorrect. Here is the wiki page on how to record, upload, and receive feedback on your 1-minute test this link will show you lots of very helpful videos to get you started! https://sites.google.com/site/librivideo/for-volunteers

Also, if you haven't already seen it, the Newbie Guide to Recording is a page that can be very helpful
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
~Tiffany
Asta1234

Post by Asta1234 »

Hello, I would like to read Chapters 3, 4 and 5 to start with. I am back after a tragic personal injury. I am able to be a regular reader. We downloaded a book I read years ago and my family just loved hearing me read for them on a car trip! If you say yes to the Chapters I will start immediately. Thanks. Chris --
P. S. I now see that someone requested 3-6. So I will take Chapter 7 to start with. I will just go ahead tonight and read it. If I can get the other Chapters Great. Let me know what you want me to do! :D
Christina
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Hi! Welcome back.to LV, I am so sorry you had to go through such a serious injury, that must have been, and probably still is, so hard.

I would be happy to give you 3, 4, and 5 since I have not heard anything from the person who requested those chapters and he has not completed the 1-minute test or anything since.

If you have not recorded anything recently, I would reccomend posting a test (there are links in my above post if you want to brush up on anything) just to make sure all the technical stuff is still correct.

Have fun! And feel free to ask for help if you have any quesrions
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

jenniferrd wrote: September 24th, 2018, 6:19 pm Chapter PL - Notes:
Amy, that was a terrific reading! :clap: :clap: There is one technical issue to correct, the volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB), at 96.8 dB. If you're using Audacity, you can correct this by selecting the entire piece, going into the Effects, Amplify, and reducing the volume -7.8 dB, which will bring you down to the ideal 89 db for Librivox. Other than that, great job!
Since the reader has not replied or been on the forum for a while I will adjust the volume and upload it sometime probably next week.
~Tiffany
Quinkish

Post by Quinkish »

Well, I just can't resist a bit of mystery it seems (and I'm quite fond of Wyverns too) - can I have sections 6, 7 and 8, please?

I'm a recently returned Librivox reader and have completed two chapters of Asphodel (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=71415) that book is now complete so I'm excited to find another project that looks interesting.

Rachel
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Glad to have you aboard on this project! I will assign those sections to you :D
~Tiffany
Quinkish

Post by Quinkish »

Straight in at the deep end for me it seems! Someone was misbehaving in this chapter ... makes for an enjoyable read though. :D

Section 6:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/wyvernmystery_06_lefanu_128kb.mp3

13.24 kb / 14.07 minutes

Rachel
KaelyMonahan

Post by KaelyMonahan »

Hello,

I'm available to read these two:

9 in which the Squire Loses His Gold Headed Cane
10 The Drive Over Cressley Common by Moonlight

A quick question about where to begin. For part 9 -- "In Which the Squire..." the top of the page starts midway through a sentence. Should I pick up on the first full sentence/paragraph? And same question for "The Driver Over..."

I'm still fairly new to LibriVox and I'm getting used to everything. I want to make sure I do things right to save you guys any trouble. As for which name to attach this to, use Kaely Monahan. (Here's my personal catalog: https://librivox.org/reader/13020.)

Thanks!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Quinkish wrote: January 14th, 2019, 4:11 am Straight in at the deep end for me it seems! Someone was misbehaving in this chapter ... makes for an enjoyable read though. :D

Section 6:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/wyvernmystery_06_lefanu_128kb.mp3

13.24 kb / 14.07 minutes

Rachel
Thank you!
I am glad you enjoyed it :thumbs:
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

KaelyMonahan wrote: January 14th, 2019, 9:25 am Hello,

I'm available to read these two:

9 in which the Squire Loses His Gold Headed Cane
10 The Drive Over Cressley Common by Moonlight

A quick question about where to begin. For part 9 -- "In Which the Squire..." the top of the page starts midway through a sentence. Should I pick up on the first full sentence/paragraph? And same question for "The Driver Over..."

I'm still fairly new to LibriVox and I'm getting used to everything. I want to make sure I do things right to save you guys any trouble. As for which name to attach this to, use Kaely Monahan. (Here's my personal catalog: https://librivox.org/reader/13020.)

Thanks!
Welcome to LibriVox!! I will assign you chapters 9 and 10!
Sorry about the chapter links being slightly off, I was having problems with them when I set up the MW and had to redo a lot of them, I must have missed a couple. They are just a page off usually, but here are the correct links! Just read from the beginning of the chapter.
https://archive.org/stream/wyvernmysteryan00fanugoog#page/n64/mode/2up
https://archive.org/stream/wyvernmysteryan00fanugoog#page/n68/mode/2up
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Section 1 is ready for spot pl and 2 is ready for pl!
~Tiffany
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

I'll be on these shortly, thanks!