Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Horner94 wrote: May 26th, 2019, 9:42 am
Lynnet wrote: May 26th, 2019, 9:23 am
Horner94 wrote: May 25th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Great!
Please review audio recording for section 25: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_25_babbage_128kb.mp3
Time: 10m, 43.5s
I have a question: What does the "2,000l." mean in the sentence: "When the inhabitants of Manchester had subscribed 2,000 l. for a statue of Dalton..."?
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Many thanks,
Chad
Thank you.

That would be 2,000 pounds (the old-fashioned way of writing it... you often come across it written that way in older texts 8-) )
I have amended the recording, which can be accessed by clicking the link below:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_25_babbage_128kb.mp3 Time: 10:46

Kind regards,
Chad
That's fine... Anthony hadn't got round to PLing yet.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 8

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Please, I would like to claim Section 35 The Author’s Cont­ri­bu­tions to Human Knowledge.
--------------------------
Lynne, your LV signature has a small problem in the links therein:
There is a missing closing square bracket in the opening "url" html tags of both links. E.g.,
[ u r l =https://forum.librivox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71113&hilit=passages+from+the+life] Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage [/url]8 sections remaining....

This should be:
[ u r l ] = h t t p s://forum.librivox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71113&hilit=passages+from+the+life] Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage [/url]8 sections remaining

If that closing bracket is added, then the links work as intended.

The additional "hilit" entries are probably an afterthought, too.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: June 1st, 2019, 4:00 am Please, I would like to claim Section 35 The Author’s Cont­ri­bu­tions to Human Knowledge.
--------------------------
Lynne, your LV signature has a small problem in the links therein:
There is a missing closing square bracket in the opening "url" html tags of both links. E.g.,
[ u r l =https://forum.librivox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71113&hilit=passages+from+the+life] Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage [/url]8 sections remaining....

This should be:
[ u r l ] = h t t p s://forum.librivox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71113&hilit=passages+from+the+life] Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage [/url]8 sections remaining

If that closing bracket is added, then the links work as intended.

The additional "hilit" entries are probably an afterthought, too.
You may.

And thank you for the advice re the signature... it was working fine until about a week ago, when a bug cropped up and no one's signature was working. It was reported to our technical guy as an annoying but non-urgent issue.

Edit: I see Tricia posted this:
You may have noticed that some posts and signatures have had the link URLs not "live" such that you can click on them.

This was due to a known bug in the phpBB update that we just did. The bug has been fixed; No new posts should have the URL issue.

For existing posts, simply edit them and submit without any changes.
Will edit now 8-)
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 24

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION - 25

There is an issue with the volume on this section. It comes in at around 93.7dB and should be between 86-92dB. Please correct and re-upload. Thank you!
Anthony

TwoRavens

Post by TwoRavens »

May I claim Section 27, please?
Cheers,
Stephen
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

TwoRavens wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 9:49 am May I claim Section 27, please?
Cheers,
Stephen
All yours
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 28

PL OK
Anthony

thevoiceoftom

Post by thevoiceoftom »

I'd like to claim Section 38, Results of Science.

This will be my first contribution (besides my 1-minute).

Respectfully,
Thomas
-TheVoiceOfTom-
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

afutterer wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 7:24 am PL NOTES:

SECTION - 25

There is an issue with the volume on this section. It comes in at around 93.7dB and should be between 86-92dB. Please correct and re-upload. Thank you!
Hello, I have reduced the volume. The updated audio recording for Section 25 can be accessed via the link below: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_25_babbage_128kb.mp3 Time: 10:46
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Kind regards.
Chad
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

thevoiceoftom wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 2:33 pm I'd like to claim Section 38, Results of Science.

Respectfully,
Thomas
Welcome to Librivox.
I will add you to the catalog using your forum name, but if you'd prefer your real name, just let me know.
Please be sure to read the first post but ask if you have questions, please ask.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
thevoiceoftom

Post by thevoiceoftom »

Lynnet wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 3:57 pm
thevoiceoftom wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 2:33 pm I'd like to claim Section 38, Results of Science.

Respectfully,
Thomas
Welcome to Librivox.
I will add you to the catalog using your forum name, but if you'd prefer your real name, just let me know.
Please be sure to read the first post but ask if you have questions, please ask.
Please list me in the catalog with my actual name: Thomas Trask.
Thank you.
-TheVoiceOfTom-