Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi Lynda

No corrections on the textual reading here--but I did want to bring up something about the sound! If not for now, it might be worth noting for future recordings?

I hear a lot of rapid changes in volume; now and then you sound very clear and close to the mic (and higher volume) and then it drops to low volume muffled sounds. This switch happens every 0.5-1 seconds or so. I have no idea what could be happening but it seems setup/hardware related; sometimes the volume even changes in the middle of a syllable.

I haven't noticed anything like this in your readings before, so I just wanted to point it out in case it's a new issue. Like a faulty microphone cable, or whatever, that might warrant your attention. But I think these sections should be PL OK :thumbs:

Carolin, I didn't mark this in the MW since the sections aren't in, but once you're online, the project should be complete then!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Thanks Foon -

I am actually using my backup mic as my regular one started giving me a high pitch noise when recording when I was away for the past 5 days - so that is why you did not see the poems earlier - I had to wait to get home to get my backup mic to record. I tried to even out the waves as they drove me up the wall (I did the poems about 3 times each and picked the best recording) and I have ordered a new mic which should arrive tomorrow.

Lynda
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

This project is now complete! all audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/from-queens-gardens-a-chorus-of-many-voices-by-various/

:clap:
Carolin