COMPLETE The Problem Club by Barry Pain -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NatGertler

Post by NatGertler »

I would like to grab Section 7, The Identity Problem.

I am a first-time reader, my name should appear as Nat Gertler, and a link to www.Gertler.com would be appreciated.
mattgalles

Post by mattgalles »

I would like to read section 09, the alibi problem. This is my first librivox recording, I would like to be credited as Matthew Galles.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you foon!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

NatGertler wrote: August 11th, 2018, 4:50 pm I would like to grab Section 7, The Identity Problem.

I am a first-time reader, my name should appear as Nat Gertler, and a link to www.Gertler.com would be appreciated.
Hi nat, welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read that section. I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12695 :thumbs:

I see you have already completed your test recording, so you are ready to get started right away! Have fun and please let us know if you have any questions!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

mattgalles wrote: August 11th, 2018, 8:55 pm I would like to read section 09, the alibi problem. This is my first librivox recording, I would like to be credited as Matthew Galles.
Hi matt, welcome to librivox!

I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12696 :)

Please also complete the one minute test before getting started. This is not an audition, but a way for us to make sure that all your technical settings are in order. This section stays reserved for you in the meantime :) have fun!
Carolin
mattgalles

Post by mattgalles »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you matt!

Jennifer, there was no test recording so could you please run this file through checker? I can do it for you if necessary :) thank you!
Carolin
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

mattgalles wrote: August 12th, 2018, 4:47 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/problemclub_09_pain_128kb.mp3

file duration: 14 min 27 sec
Hi Carolin and Matt - I ran it through checker and the volume is very low only at 76.4 db. Matt, before I PL this, can you adjust your volume to Librivox's target range of of between 86 and 92 db - 89 db being the optimal volume (so if you adjust the volume 12.6, that would be good)? If you are using Audacity, you can select the entire piece, go to the "effects" tab and use Amplify to bring up the volume. This does, unfortunately, bring noise into the recording and you should run noise reduction on it after. If you need help, let us know. In the future, try bringing up the gain on your microphone so your recording is a little louder. Also, looking at it quickly in Audacity, there should be five seconds of silence at the end, and no more than about a second of silence between the end of the main piece and your sign off and right now there is a little over 3 seconds between that, and only about 2.5 seconds at the end. Long gaps leave readers wondering what happened! That should be an easy fix! :) After those are corrected, I'll listen to the whole piece. Here is a link to Librivox's recording input help: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Setting_Recording_Input_Level
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you jennifer!
Carolin
mattgalles

Post by mattgalles »

Thank you for catching those issues Jennifer, I've fixed them and reuploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/problemclub_09_pain_128kb.mp3

file duration: 14 min 27 sec
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you!
Carolin
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 9: The Alibi Problem - PL ok!

Ah, the modern ears when it hear the phrase: The Future of Eugenics :shock:, and knowing how that all played out in a few short years afterward. Congratulations on your first reading, Matt!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you!
Carolin
Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Carolin, I hope this is okay, I went ahead and put Foon's newest chapter in the magic window and PL'ed already. If this isn't okay, just let me know.

Chapter 12 - The Pig Keeper's Friend - PL OK!
Foon, always a pleasure to listen to your readings, and I think that William Bunting IS on to something, that might be an interesting vacation.
Just a quick note, I have put an OK on this, and it is, there is a click at 2:18 that you may want to remove, but I'll leave that up to you. :D