COMPLETE The Problem Club by Barry Pain -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SlickWiggler

Post by SlickWiggler »

jenniferrd wrote: September 4th, 2018, 5:40 am
SlickWiggler wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 10:16 am Here's chapter 4! My accents are probably horrendous, but I had fun doing them. Length is 15:17.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/problemclub_04_pain_128kb.mp3
Hi Matt, I think you're too hard on yourself, I think your accents were well done! Much better than mine for sure!! :D :D

There are just a few notes:

At 6.55.5 there is a repeat of the phrase 'In my opinion'.
At the end there is 6 seconds of silence, there should be 5 and since you're already going to be correcting the file, the beginning is just shy of .5 seconds - not a big deal, but since you're already going to be in there, might as well correct it as well.

One thing I might suggest, and this is only a suggestion so please take it as such, if you want to tighten up your recording a little, so there isn't a lot of silence (by the way, you don't have anything that is concerning, and sometimes readers like to have more space, so I respect that), and if you're using Audacity, there is a feature under effects called truncate silence, and there are articles on how to use this, mine is an older version of Audacity, so I can't guide on the newer version, but I think you can set to 80% or something. It will just cut down on the length of the silences. You would just have to be careful to add in the correct amount of silence at the beginning and end of the recording, and it of course will change the length of your recording overall. You did a great job!
I'll go in later today and fix all that stuff, I don't know how that extra "In my opinion" slipped by me. As for the silence, I'll play around with cutting out more of it. Thank you for the feedback! :)
Please give me feedback! I'm always trying to improve!

Matt Bounds
SlickWiggler

Post by SlickWiggler »

jenniferrd wrote: September 4th, 2018, 5:40 am
SlickWiggler wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 10:16 am Here's chapter 4! My accents are probably horrendous, but I had fun doing them. Length is 15:17.

Hi Matt, I think you're too hard on yourself, I think your accents were well done! Much better than mine for sure!! :D :D

There are just a few notes:

At 6.55.5 there is a repeat of the phrase 'In my opinion'.
At the end there is 6 seconds of silence, there should be 5 and since you're already going to be correcting the file, the beginning is just shy of .5 seconds - not a big deal, but since you're already going to be in there, might as well correct it as well.

One thing I might suggest, and this is only a suggestion so please take it as such, if you want to tighten up your recording a little, so there isn't a lot of silence (by the way, you don't have anything that is concerning, and sometimes readers like to have more space, so I respect that), and if you're using Audacity, there is a feature under effects called truncate silence, and there are articles on how to use this, mine is an older version of Audacity, so I can't guide on the newer version, but I think you can set to 80% or something. It will just cut down on the length of the silences. You would just have to be careful to add in the correct amount of silence at the beginning and end of the recording, and it of course will change the length of your recording overall. You did a great job!

Fixed! I also noticed a ton of mouth noises and clicks and pops sprinkled throughout, I guess I was just really tired when I edited it. It should be much better now. New length is 14:42.
Please give me feedback! I'm always trying to improve!

Matt Bounds
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

CHAPTER 4 - SPOT PL - OK!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :D
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

we have one orphan!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Moving us back to readers wanted :)
Carolin
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I have 5? Jim
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you jim :D
Carolin
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

CHAPTER 5 - PL OK!

CHAPTER 3 - PL OK!

Great reading both of you!!

Great job to all!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Carolin - I didn't put Chapter 3 in MW, but it's PL'ed.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks. Jim :D
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both so much :thumbs:
Carolin