[SOLO] Fates of the Princes of Dyfed by Cenydd Morus-annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just a comment about the title fields - no need to change these, more for future
In the cataloguing process, they do get the section number added
so they go out to the world as 04 - Part 4 - Pwyll and Rhianon, The Coming of Rhianon 1
Now that's a long title which is good because it tells the listener something but many mp3 players don't handle long ones well and either truncate it or what mine does is put the beginning then a row of dots then the end. So really the one you use has 9 characters which are not needed in either of these situations :D
04 - Pwyll and Rhianon, The Coming of Rhianon 1 would tell you as much and looks just as good :D . Well that's my view anyhow, tis your project . (I really think it looks better)

Anne
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Section 25 is PL OK.

And yes, I can only admire Morris's energy and dedication to his craft/crafts! If you're up for a long work, I am!
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Thanks, Anne. I've done that and it looks much neater now!

annise wrote: November 18th, 2018, 1:12 pm Just a comment about the title fields - no need to change these, more for future
In the cataloguing process, they do get the section number added
so they go out to the world as 04 - Part 4 - Pwyll and Rhianon, The Coming of Rhianon 1
Now that's a long title which is good because it tells the listener something but many mp3 players don't handle long ones well and either truncate it or what mine does is put the beginning then a row of dots then the end. So really the one you use has 9 characters which are not needed in either of these situations :D
04 - Pwyll and Rhianon, The Coming of Rhianon 1 would tell you as much and looks just as good :D . Well that's my view anyhow, tis your project . (I really think it looks better)

Anne
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Thanks, Erin, We are done with this one! It was a bit of a challenge at times but a much better book than I expected. I really enjoyed the gentle humour in his writing style.

I've already started reading Roots of the Mountains, and I must say at the moment that the greater length may not mean a better read :( . But these books usually get better as you get into them, so let's see! I'll probably set up the Gawain first though, as otherwise, I will keep putting it off!
Newgatenovelist wrote: November 18th, 2018, 3:03 pm Section 25 is PL OK.

And yes, I can only admire Morris's energy and dedication to his craft/crafts! If you're up for a long work, I am!
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Goodness, I didn't say it before - congrats!

The Newcastle has been so varied. It's unearthed all sorts of things that weren't on my radar. I've enjoyed them, even if I do have a couple of clear favourites. I will say as a general listener that I do really appreciate longer works sometimes, just to get my teeth into it - so don't worry about the 20 hours.

I hear you on the Gawain. I'm looking at setting up my next solo purely for the sake of pushing myself to do it. If it's launched, I'll do it, even if it takes months. If it isn't launched, well, it'll probably be many months more! Give me a shout when you launch Gawain and/or Morris or whatever else.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

I was just checking the list. I believe that Roots of the Mountains is the last of Morris's fantasies that we don't have in the catalogue. In fact, there are only 3 or 4 more PD titles on the Newcastle list that we don't have.
Newgatenovelist wrote: November 18th, 2018, 3:22 pm Goodness, I didn't say it before - congrats!

The Newcastle has been so varied. It's unearthed all sorts of things that weren't on my radar. I've enjoyed them, even if I do have a couple of clear favourites. I will say as a general listener that I do really appreciate longer works sometimes, just to get my teeth into it - so don't worry about the 20 hours.

I hear you on the Gawain. I'm looking at setting up my next solo purely for the sake of pushing myself to do it. If it's launched, I'll do it, even if it takes months. If it isn't launched, well, it'll probably be many months more! Give me a shout when you launch Gawain and/or Morris or whatever else.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Glad you changed them.
I normally wouldn't comment but I tend to listen at night and sometimes drop asleep and I got very frustrated with a book that's were labelled 01 - Book_1_chapter_1blurgblurbblurbblurbdblah and my ipod showed 01 - Book_1_Chap....blah so the titles apart from the number were useless and as they had not read the section number I had no clues to restart from - very frustrating

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

A question re the author , does he write books under Kenneth Morris and could people expect to find the book by searching for Morris? We can use the author database to have alternative names so that searching for Morris or Morus if that would be a "good thing"

And we are in the catalogue. Thank you both, let me know if something should be tweaked

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-fates-of-the-princes-of-dyfed-by-cenydd-morus/

Anne
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Thanks Anne! All good! :thumbs: :9:

Yes, I think it would be great if we can also list him as Kenneth Morris. I believe that all of his other books may have been published under that name, though only Fates is PD - his wikipedia page is also under his English name.
annise wrote: November 18th, 2018, 10:09 pm A question re the author , does he write books under Kenneth Morris and could people expect to find the book by searching for Morris? We can use the author database to have alternative names so that searching for Morris or Morus if that would be a "good thing"

And we are in the catalogue. Thank you both, let me know if something should be tweaked

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-fates-of-the-princes-of-dyfed-by-cenydd-morus/

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

done :D