COMPLETE: Certain Personal Matters by H.G. Wells -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Foon
Posts: 2859
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » August 20th, 2018, 2:55 am

threeraccoons wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 8:23 pm
Here is the link for section 33. Runtime is 5:55

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_33_wells_128kb.mp3
This is PL OK! :thumbs:
I think the way you dealt with the image is great :D
Foon


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

threeraccoons
Posts: 12
Joined: July 16th, 2018, 12:32 pm

Post by threeraccoons » August 20th, 2018, 6:40 am

Foon wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 2:55 am
threeraccoons wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 8:23 pm
Here is the link for section 33. Runtime is 5:55

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_33_wells_128kb.mp3
This is PL OK! :thumbs:
I think the way you dealt with the image is great :D
Thank you! I tried a couple different ways. I debated putting "End of image description" after it but I think it came of clear enough without it.

silverquill
Posts: 10610
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 20th, 2018, 9:57 pm


Foon
Posts: 2859
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » August 21st, 2018, 3:39 am

Section 2 is PL OK!
Foon


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

silverquill
Posts: 10610
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 26th, 2018, 9:30 pm

One more Ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_25_wells_128kb.mp3 7:26

What the essayist needs is a good quill . . . . a silver one, of course. :mrgreen:

I'm afraid HG wouldn't fare will with word processors, computers and tweets :shock:

Foon
Posts: 2859
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » August 27th, 2018, 12:23 am

Ha, I bet he'd have trouble with that, yes... But on the other hand, hearing his thoughts on social media couldn't be anything but absolutely hilarious :p
Foon


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Foon
Posts: 2859
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » August 27th, 2018, 6:18 am

Section 25 is PL OK :thumbs:
Foon


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Cxlawson
Posts: 11
Joined: July 16th, 2018, 3:32 pm

Post by Cxlawson » August 27th, 2018, 12:19 pm

Here's chapter 36, the amateur nature lover. This is my first librivox recording so please let me have it!


https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_36_wells_128kb.mp3

Duration - 10:25

silverquill
Posts: 10610
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 27th, 2018, 8:33 pm

Cxlawson wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 12:19 pm
Here's chapter 36, the amateur nature lover. This is my first librivox recording so please let me have it!


https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_36_wells_128kb.mp3

Duration - 10:25
So glad to receive your recording!

I've put it in the MW Ready for PL.

I always like to take a quick listen to new readers, and think you are a professional in disguise here. Specs all in shape and a superior voice and reading style. I'm sue our DPL will give you one comment, though. We ask for a five-second silence at the end, and you have just one.

Welcome to LibriVox. :clap:
I hope to hear much more of your fine recording.

Foon
Posts: 2859
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » August 28th, 2018, 6:13 am

Cxlawson wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 12:19 pm
Here's chapter 36, the amateur nature lover. This is my first librivox recording so please let me have it!


https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_36_wells_128kb.mp3

Duration - 10:25
Well, Larry basically took the words out of my mouth! Excellent recording and a pleasure to listen to :D

As he has already said, there's one PL note:
please leave 5 seconds of silence at the end of your recording. If you can add that and reupload, it'll be PL OK :D
Foon


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Cxlawson
Posts: 11
Joined: July 16th, 2018, 3:32 pm

Post by Cxlawson » August 28th, 2018, 10:51 am

Foon wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 6:13 am
Cxlawson wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 12:19 pm
Here's chapter 36, the amateur nature lover. This is my first librivox recording so please let me have it!


https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_36_wells_128kb.mp3

Duration - 10:25
Well, Larry basically took the words out of my mouth! Excellent recording and a pleasure to listen to :D

As he has already said, there's one PL note:
please leave 5 seconds of silence at the end of your recording. If you can add that and reupload, it'll be PL OK :D
Right, here's the file with 5 seconds added. Glad you liked it and thanks for saying so.


https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_36_wells_128kb.mp3

Duration: 10:30

Cxlawson
Posts: 11
Joined: July 16th, 2018, 3:32 pm

Post by Cxlawson » August 28th, 2018, 10:53 am

silverquill wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 8:33 pm
Cxlawson wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 12:19 pm
Here's chapter 36, the amateur nature lover. This is my first librivox recording so please let me have it!


https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_36_wells_128kb.mp3

Duration - 10:25
So glad to receive your recording!

I've put it in the MW Ready for PL.

I always like to take a quick listen to new readers, and think you are a professional in disguise here. Specs all in shape and a superior voice and reading style. I'm sue our DPL will give you one comment, though. We ask for a five-second silence at the end, and you have just one.

Welcome to LibriVox. :clap:
I hope to hear much more of your fine recording.
Thanks a lot! As a matter of fact, I have spent the last couple of months gearing up to audition for commercial and audiobook work, and I'm contributing to Librivox as a way to practice. Very much appreciate your kind words.

silverquill
Posts: 10610
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 29th, 2018, 8:48 pm

Ready for Spot PL

Foon
Posts: 2859
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » September 1st, 2018, 11:38 am

Cxlawson wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 10:51 am
Foon wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 6:13 am
Cxlawson wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 12:19 pm
Here's chapter 36, the amateur nature lover. This is my first librivox recording so please let me have it!


https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_36_wells_128kb.mp3

Duration - 10:25
Well, Larry basically took the words out of my mouth! Excellent recording and a pleasure to listen to :D

As he has already said, there's one PL note:
please leave 5 seconds of silence at the end of your recording. If you can add that and reupload, it'll be PL OK :D
Right, here's the file with 5 seconds added. Glad you liked it and thanks for saying so.


https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_36_wells_128kb.mp3

Duration: 10:30
Thank you! This is now PL OK! :thumbs: Congrats on completing your first LibriVox recording! :clap:
Foon


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian


Post Reply