COMPLETE: Certain Personal Matters by H.G. Wells -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

silverquill wrote: July 24th, 2018, 9:21 pm
Foon wrote: July 24th, 2018, 7:42 am Hi Larry,

Here's section 1. I hope you'll have as much fun PLing this one as I had recording it! :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_01_wells_128kb.mp3
10:18
These are fun, aren't they?
PL OK

Personally, though, I would use a little noise reduction to clean up the background hum, but it is not bad.
Ooh sorry, I missed that! I don't really know why my background noise is so variable across recordings.. I uploaded a cleaned version and put it on ready for spot PL, if you want to check it :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Foon

Post by Foon »

threeraccoons wrote: July 24th, 2018, 7:49 pm Here is section 04 The House of Di Sorno. Runtime is 10:20
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_04_wells.mp3

Could I also take section 23?
Hi there,

Nicely read!
I have a few small PL notes for ya.

4:54 Small stumble, "methinks my poor flowers were scarce worth your trouble."
5:21 I hear "A lean and slipped", the text reads "A lean and slippered"
9:50 The parenthetical "("richly jewelled")" is omitted from the recording.
9:56 Repeat (x2) "At this [peculiar] moment"
10:15 Please include the chapter number in your outro, so in this case, “End of chapter 4.”

With these changes made, it'll make for an excellent recording! :clap:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

jnaudiollc wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 5:10 pm

Not at all! Thanks so much for catching it! :) That's the problem sometimes with self-editing... here's the new version, 9:21 this time.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_14_wells_128kb.mp3

Jim
Thank you, seamless fix!

Spot PL OK! :thumbs:

Readers needed:
SterlingBronwyn

Post by SterlingBronwyn »

Hi!

Can I have chapters 17, 18, and 19?

Thanks!
-Sterling
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

SterlingBronwyn wrote: July 25th, 2018, 4:59 am Hi!

Can I have chapters 17, 18, and 19?

Thanks!
-Sterling
This is wonderful!

I see you have completed your one-minute test, so I just need to know exactly how you would like to appear in the LV catalog. Many of us just use our real names, but you may chose any pseudonym or nickname that you like.

Welcome to LibriVox! :clap:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
freakytree

Post by freakytree »

freakytree wrote: July 25th, 2018, 1:14 am Hi! I'm new here - I'd like to claim Chapter 27 Bleak March in Epping Forest
Thanks! I'd like to be named Ana Gillan in the librivox catalogue, please!
Oh can I also have 20 Euphemia's New Entertainment, thanks!
My one min test posted here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=71132
threeraccoons

Post by threeraccoons »

Foon wrote: July 25th, 2018, 3:20 am
threeraccoons wrote: July 24th, 2018, 7:49 pm Here is section 04 The House of Di Sorno. Runtime is 10:20
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_04_wells.mp3

Could I also take section 23?
Hi there,

Nicely read!
I have a few small PL notes for ya.

4:54 Small stumble, "methinks my poor flowers were scarce worth your trouble."
5:21 I hear "A lean and slipped", the text reads "A lean and slippered"
9:50 The parenthetical "("richly jewelled")" is omitted from the recording.
9:56 Repeat (x2) "At this [peculiar] moment"
10:15 Please include the chapter number in your outro, so in this case, “End of chapter 4.”

With these changes made, it'll make for an excellent recording! :clap:
Here's the new upload, the link is different because I realized I missed "128kb" at the end of the filename last time. Runtime is now 10:18
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_04_wells_128kb.mp3
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

threeraccoons wrote: July 25th, 2018, 9:53 am
Here's the new upload, the link is different because I realized I missed "128kb" at the end of the filename last time. Runtime is now 10:18
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_04_wells_128kb.mp3
Thank you, this is ready for Spot PL.
Last edited by silverquill on July 25th, 2018, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

freakytree wrote: July 25th, 2018, 1:14 am Hi! I'm new here - I'd like to claim Chapter 27 Bleak March in Epping Forest
I will go ahead and put you in for this, but please still work on getting your one-minute test approved before you record this. Just want to make sure you have all of your technical aspects corrected before you record one of these longer sections.

I've added you to the LV catalog, so you can just click on your name in the Magic Window to see your personal catalog page. This is where you will see all of your projects.

ETA: Just saw your subsequent post, so you have both Sections 20 and 27.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Foon,

Thank you for all your good PL on this project.
We seem to have attracted a lot of new readers, which pleases me immensely.

I've listened to your Section 1, and I do think it sounds better.
Thanks so much.
~ Larry
retzel

Post by retzel »

silverquill wrote: July 25th, 2018, 7:39 pm
I will go ahead and put you in for this, but please still work on getting your one-minute test approved before you record this. Just want to make sure you have all of your technical aspects corrected before you record one of these longer sections.

I've added you to the LV catalog, so you can just click on your name in the Magic Window to see your personal catalog page. This is where you will see all of your projects.

ETA: Just saw your subsequent post, so you have both Sections 20 and 27.
Hi!

Sorry for any confusion, but I asked to claim Section 27 (Bleak March) back at the bottom of page 4, and never received a response. I completely understand if you missed it in the recent flurry of messages, but I did stake my claim first. Ana, would you mind if I did 27?

I also never received a response to my submitted recording of 34, Through a Microscope, although others more recently uploaded have already been marked PL ok. That message is right above my other one at the bottom of page 4 in this thread - is there any issue with that recording to explain why I haven't yet received any updates? I know you all have a lot to do, but I want to make sure you haven't missed those messages!

Thanks a bunch.
Rowan
they/them/theirs
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzq74klHuclGomB1P8ZxyiA?
Foon

Post by Foon »

Rowan, as the proof listener (and not the book coordinator) of this project, I can only answer the last question--it slipped through the cracks and I didn't realise it was ready yet, so it hasn't been listened to, that's all!
On the bright side, your recording is right at the start of my to do list now, and I will listen to it as soon as I can!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

retzel wrote: July 21st, 2018, 9:54 pm Here's Section 34, Through a Microscope (9:27):
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_34_wells_128kb.mp3

Let me know if there's anything I need to change, or if you have any suggestions for future improvement. Thanks!!
Rowan--
I figured I could squeeze it in before having to leave for work. :D
Excellent recording! It is PL OK right away! :thumbs:

You have a very clear reading voice and it's a pleasure to listen to!

Larry, I took the liberty of adding this overlooked section to the MW in the mean time.
But the issue of what to do with section 27 is all yours! :wink:

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Jkhoriaty wrote: July 21st, 2018, 9:11 pm Recording complete! Please let me know of any changes that should be made, and if you have any constructive criticism I'd love to hear that as well.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_37_wells_128kb.mp3
File duration: 5:24
Larry, here's another one that seems to have slipped through unnoticed

Readers needed:
Jkhoriaty

Post by Jkhoriaty »

Foon wrote: July 26th, 2018, 3:44 am
Jkhoriaty wrote: July 21st, 2018, 9:11 pm Recording complete! Please let me know of any changes that should be made, and if you have any constructive criticism I'd love to hear that as well.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/certainpersonalmatters_37_wells_128kb.mp3
File duration: 5:24
Larry, here's another one that seems to have slipped through unnoticed
I'd been wondering what was going on! Also, I requested chapter 17 (The Shopman) way back on Sunday too - am I good to take that? Know you can't answer that, Foon, but figured that just went unnoticed as well.
they/them pronouns