COMPLETE The History of the Art of Tablesetting by Murphy -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

BettyB wrote: July 15th, 2018, 8:02 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/tablesetting_03_murphy_128kb.mp3

Time 11:25

Perhaps I should check with "someone" to ascertain if Cinderella flatware can be considered proper "silver service" for the "child service" of my granddaughter? :lol:

Betty
I would starve. Well, actually I’d probably just be poor and then I wouldn’t need to worry if I had a fork to eat my orange with instead of one of the numerous other types of forks there are. :lol:

PL OK. :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

Foon wrote: July 16th, 2018, 7:11 am Here's section 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/tablesetting_02_murphy_128kb.mp3
8:43
PL OK. I’m so glad I don’t have to iron all that linen.
linny

Post by linny »

BettyB wrote: July 17th, 2018, 9:10 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/tablesetting_04_murphy_128kb.mp3

Time is 18:15

Betty
Hi Betty,
Lovely reading. Pl ok :thumbs:

I’ll have to remember about chilling the salad plate/bowl. I like that when I’m out but I never think of it at home.
Last edited by linny on July 18th, 2018, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
linny

Post by linny »

The art of table setting is one of the lost arts in the modern household. Do we just not bother anymore or did we collectively forget how to do it? Maybe this book will get some of us to start observing etiquette properly again. ( Carolin)
I think it’s more a change in lifestyle. I know I don’t have a home large enough to store all the items needed and I don’t have the staff necessary to help keep it all cleaned and ironed. For the average working couple there simply isn’t enough time in the day. I do adore the time times when I can go out for a high end meal with full service. It truly is a special event which would be nice to replicate at home.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:clap: thank you linny!
Carolin
Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
linny

Post by linny »

Foon,
PL OK! Nice work. I was surprised by the all of the history since that wasn't the focus of the other sections. I guess I never really embraced the title. :lol:
linny

Post by linny »

Carolin,
Since this was the last section for the project I went ahead and PLed before you got it to the window. I hope you don't mind.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Haha, I had exactly the same reaction Linny! :lol:
I did like learning about the origin of the phrase "born with a silver spoon in your mouth" :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:clap: :clap:

Thank you both!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/the-history-of-the-art-of-tablesetting-by-claudia-quigley-murphy/

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Carolin