COMPLETE An Itinerant House, and Other Stories by EF Dawson -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hiya, sorry for my late reply. We generally give readers two months to complete an assignment and so the end of this month would be fine. But if you prefer not to bury yourself in commitments while you are busy, you can always revisit this project or a similar project when you have time again :)
Carolin
Kopikido

Post by Kopikido »

Hi ya,
It's just that I wanted to do the Gracious Visitation but since it's a rather long story (perhaps the longest in the series) and because I have other commitments, I won't be able to record and submit it until the first or second week of October. Do you think that's too long to wait? I just don't want to delay the release of this project.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thats okay i think. I have signed you up :)
Carolin
Kopikido

Post by Kopikido »

Hi ya Carolin,
I'm recording the story in reverse (because the first part requires some music and I'm currently enlisting my other half to help me with this) so here's the 3rd part.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/itineranthouse_11_dawson_128kb.mp3
Time: 26:59
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Hi, Mary!
I'm excited to DPL your latest contribution here, but will be tomorrow before I can get to it.
Please note that I am only able to listen via my phone and the LV download. I am awaiting opinion if this varies vastly in time stamp mark vs. Windows Media Player.
I will manage the process so as to proof listen based on that info, okay?
So ... *Smile* I'm working within these restrictions and there's no rush for you to complete your recordings ... Although NOW I'm looking forward to hearing your partner's add in. *SMILE*
Thanks for your patience!
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you both!

mary, what do you mean the section requires music? we generally produce recordings without sound effects, and id generally prefer no music in recordings. thank you!
Carolin
Kopikido

Post by Kopikido »

Hi Carolin,
If you'll look into the source material, there are some notes included in the story in pages 141, 147, and 154. If my memory is correct, according to the Librivox policy, this is a ground for exemption in adding sound effects/music into our reading.
Kopikido

Post by Kopikido »

Oh, and I'd like to apologise in advance to any Russian/Slavic/Suomi native listener. I've read the parts of the Russian/Slavic/Suomi sailors with my impression of a Russian/Slavic/Suomi accent speaking in English. I thought I'd try to distinguish the characters from the main storyteller.
I do hope nobody will get offended.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Ah okay sorry mary i didnt see it.

And im sure your accents will be fine. :thumbs:
Carolin
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Part three was very nicely done, again, Mary!
All is PL OK!

*Smile" in your song-song as called for by text.

And no worries on your accents. As a matter of a fact, I quite liked Dmitri's gruff accent, not I do appreciate your concern.
I have discovered that my Spanish accent sounds, to me, far too similar to the Speedy Gonzales cartoon character ...
it's both funny and troubling in that it may sound racist.
On this accent, what I hear in my head is not what I hear when I speak ... Internally, it's a more elegant dialect.
And perhaps it is not as bad as I think it is. I'll have to get another's opinion.
So. I relate to your qualm and can give you two thumbs up.
Please enjoy, without worry, your other sections.
Many Thanks and Good Wishes.
~
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you angelique!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

we have an orphan!
Carolin
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

I will take poor, orphaned 15.
Will have it hopefully out by the weekend.
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :D
Carolin
Kopikido

Post by Kopikido »

Hi all! Sorry for the little delay.
I'm near the end of recording the 2nd part of A Gracious Visitation so please be patient with me.
My target is to submit the 2nd part by tomorrow and fingers crossed, the first part by Sunday or Monday.
Sorry, Carolin!