COMPLETE The Cheery Way, August by JK Bangs -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 15th, 2018, 5:06 am Yeah it's hard to see in Audacity (I can't pinpoint it either), it's not constantly present but really intermittent--and it occurs mostly during your reading, not in the pauses. :?

I just listened again and it was definitely section 14. One of the more notable buzzes in my opinion is while you say "August 14th" at 0:21.
hmm sorry I cranked it up as loud as my ears could bear it, I don't hear it. :( My ears are not the best I fear. Do you think it needs re-doing ? Is it really disturbing ?

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: July 15th, 2018, 5:13 am
Foon wrote: July 15th, 2018, 5:06 am Yeah it's hard to see in Audacity (I can't pinpoint it either), it's not constantly present but really intermittent--and it occurs mostly during your reading, not in the pauses. :?

I just listened again and it was definitely section 14. One of the more notable buzzes in my opinion is while you say "August 14th" at 0:21.
hmm sorry I cranked it up as loud as my ears could bear it, I don't hear it. :( My ears are not the best I fear. Do you think it needs re-doing ? Is it really disturbing ?

Sonia
Hm, I'm kind of on the other end of that spectrum--I have this weird sensitivity to sound (for example, I can't hold a conversation when the radio is on in the background).
So it's distracting for me, but I imagine that for a lot of people it wouldn't be all that intrusive. Although, maybe since it's only a few seconds, a replacement of those lines would be nice?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you :D
Carolin
Foon

Post by Foon »

Sections 21-31 all beautifully read and PL OK! :clap:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 15th, 2018, 7:50 am Hm, I'm kind of on the other end of that spectrum--I have this weird sensitivity to sound (for example, I can't hold a conversation when the radio is on in the background).
So it's distracting for me, but I imagine that for a lot of people it wouldn't be all that intrusive. Although, maybe since it's only a few seconds, a replacement of those lines would be nice?
I just listened on another computer and still can't find any noise. So I guess your ears must be really finely tuned. Seeing that I won't have time to correct this in the next few days and the rest of the project is all PL ok, I think the noise is not so bad so that we need to hold up the project from being archived. I think we can let it pass for this time.

Carolin, if you want to check the part and if you also notice a great disturbance, and you want to wait a few more days, I will try to correct it during the week. But for me it's good as it is. (and you know that I am picky :lol:)

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

One thing I just realised: I ONLY hear the buzz when I'm listening through headphones, not when I'm playing it over speakers. Maybe that's the difference between us hearing it or not?
It's not a fault in my headphones, I've tried swapping them out for others and that didn't have any effect ;)

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 16th, 2018, 2:08 am One thing I just realised: I ONLY hear the buzz when I'm listening through headphones, not when I'm playing it over speakers. Maybe that's the difference between us hearing it or not?
could be your headphones are more sensitive to noise. :hmm: I listened to both my headphones and over loudspeaker and never heard it. So I guess we're safe to give it the ok in this case.

thanks !

Sonia
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Foon wrote: July 16th, 2018, 1:48 am Sections 21-31 all beautifully read and PL OK! :clap:
Thank you! :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:

Can i mark section 14 pl ok then?
Carolin
Foon

Post by Foon »

Sorry, I forgot - yes, all good then :)

Readers needed:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:clap:
Carolin
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Foon wrote: July 15th, 2018, 4:33 am Tovarisch,

3, 16, 17, 18, 20 all PL OK :thumbs: Very nicely read!

I have one comment on section 19,
0:09 I hear "Getting even higher, higher" where I was expecting "ever".
I know this shouldn't be word-perfect PL but I think it does change the meaning a bit in this poem. But up to you if you want to correct it.
I've re-recorded section 19. New running length 0:57. Thanks!
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

section 19 is pl ok!

off we go into the catalogue :D
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/the-cheery-way-august-by-john-kendrick-bangs/

:clap:
Carolin